RPF DREDD HELMET CONTEST - Win an original helmet from DREDD!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
The Prop Store auctions are over and many of our members won pieces from the movie. Did you get the pieces you wanted? If not, here is one more chance for you to own a production item from DREDD!

Click the images to read or simply scroll down and read the transcription below:

View attachment 143610 View attachment 143612

PREPARE TO BE JUDGED!

CITIZENS, THERPF.COM IS HOSTING ANOTHER PROP-BUILDING CONTEST. THE PRIZE IS A PROTOTYPE JUDGE HELMET, CREATED DURING THE PRODUCTION OF 2012’s DREDD. THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SHOW YOUR TALENT, EXPAND YOUR SKILL, AND POSSIBLY WIN A UNIQUE PIECE OF MOVIE MEMORIBILLIA!

ORDERS:

CREATE A HELMET FOR ANY CHARACTER, EXISTING OR IMAGINED, FROM THE JUDGE DREDD UNIVERSE. YOU MAY SCRATCH BUILD YOUR HELMET AND/OR MODIFY AND USE PREEXISTING ITEMS AS A BASE (AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT HELMET KITS ALREADY INTENDED FOR THE JUDGE DREDD UNIVERSE). THE MORE CREATIVE AND UNIQUE THE BETTER.

SUBMISSION:

THERE ARE TWO STEPS TO PLACE A QUALIFYING ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST:

FIRST, CREATE A NEW THREAD, IN THE JUDGE DREDD COSTUME GROUP FORUM WITH THE TITLE “[YOUR BOARD NAME]’s JUDGE DREDD HELMET CONTEST ENTRY.”

IN THE FIRST POST OF YOUR THREAD, TELL US ABOUT YOUR HELMET, A BRIEF BACKSTORY FOR IT, AND DETAILS ON HOW YOU CREATED IT (SHARE MATERIALS, TIPS, AND TECHNIQUES ON YOUR BUILD PROCESS).

BEFORE THE END OF THE CONTEST, YOU MUST ALSO POST AT LEAST TWO “IN PROGRESS” PHOTOS IN YOUR THREAD.

SECOND, POST A SINGLE PHOTO OF YOUR COMPLETED HELMET INTO THE RPF GALLERY UNDER THE CONTESTS-> 2013-02-DREDD HELMET CONTEST FOLDER. THIS CAN BE A MONTAGE OR COMPOSITE PHOTO.

THE CONTEST WILL RUN FROM FEB 15 THROUGH APRIL 12, 2013 AT 10:00PM PST, GIVING YOU TWO MONTHS TO SUBMIT A FINISHED HELMET.

JUDGMENT:

SUBMISSIONS WILL BE JUDGED BY DREDD’S KEY PRINCIPAL COSTUMER, ROBERT ALLSOPP; DREDD’S COSTUME DESIGNER, MICHAEL O’CONNOR; PROP STORE OWNER, STEPHEN LANE; AND SELECT RPF STAFF MEMBERS.

SUBMISSIONS WILL BE JUDGED ON THREE CRITERIA; CREATIVITY, ORIGINALITY, AND BUILD-QUALITY. ARE YOU READY?

THE STUFF OUR LAWYERS MAKE US SAY:

Participation in the RPF Dredd Helmet Contest (the “Contest”) constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules.

Sponsor: the RPF / Movie Prop Sites, LLC

Eligibility: You MUST be a registered member of therpf.com! If you are not a registered member, click this link to register.

Entry: To enter, see SUBMISSION section above. There is a limit of ONE entry per member. By submitting an entry, you agree that your entry may be used for promotional purposes. therpf.com reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any entry it does not feel is inline with the intent of the contest or does not meet the contest's entry criteria.

Contest Period: The Contest begins at the time this message is posted and ends April 12 at 10:00pm PST.

Prize: The first place winner of the Contest will win a prototype judge helmet, as pictured above and below, from the production of the motion picture, DREDD. All federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.

Notification: The winner will be notified by private message on therpf.com’s forums on or about the date that the Contest results are published to therpf.com (roughly around April 17, 2013). If winner does not respond to notification within 15 days, they forfeit their prize.

Intellectual Property: You agree that therpf.com may use the Submission, or any portions or elements of the Submission, as described in these Official Rules without any payment or other obligation whatsoever to you. If you are selected as a Winner, you agree to assign and hereby do assign to therpf.com all of your rights, title and interest in the Submission. You represent and warrant that you are (a) the author/creator of the Submission, (b) that you are the present and sole owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Submission, (c) that it is an original work, (d) that you have the full, exclusive and unconditional right and authorization to submit the Submission, and (f) that no third party has any rights in or to the Submission. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless therpf.com, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, expenses, losses or liabilities including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees and punitive damages that may be asserted against or incurred by them at any time in connection with the Submission, or any use thereof, including, without limitation, those arising from any breach, or alleged breach, of the warranties, representations and promises provided by you in these Official Rules.

General Conditions: No purchase necessary. therpf.com is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) misdirected or delayed mail or e-mail; (ii) telephone, telecommunications, hardware or third party software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond therpf.com control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted, corrupted or terminated; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of participating in the Contest; or (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. therpf.com reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the systems required to conduct the Contest or operate the therpf.com web site, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. All issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participants, shall be determined by therpf.com in its sole discretion. All decisions of therpf.com are final. By participating in the Contest, you also agree to be bound by therpf.com’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Here are photos of the prize for those who want to see it without the red overlay on it. Big thanks to the guys at Prop Store for making this possible!!!

judge-dredd-prototype-helmet-1.jpg View attachment 143620 View attachment 143621

Just chiming in here. I'll once again be taking the organizational reigns for this awesome contest. If you have any questions or comments please let me know!

Oh man another thing to add to my small list which is getting bigger and bigger :) Everyday I see more stuff to try and do. Now a contest in the Dredd world .. Yikes this place is becoming addictive.

Oh man another thing to add to my small list which is getting bigger and bigger :) Everyday I see more stuff to try and do. Now a contest in the Dredd world .. Yikes this place is becoming addictive.

It's a slippery slope! :lol

Definitely get in on this one! Two whole months for the build, a GREAT opportunity for a very valuable prize!

Fantastic. I'm very close to finishing my Judge Death design :confused

0516ea5a8990f9c2ddaa37aa7c13c1f4_zpse9626993.jpg

You guys are all in big trouble :lol

Seriously though, this competition sounds awesome and I can't wait to get cracking :thumbsup

Fantastic. I'm very close to finishing my Judge Death design :confused

*snip*

You guys are all in big trouble :lol

Seriously though, this competition sounds awesome and I can't wait to get cracking :thumbsup

:lol:thumbsup

I can't wait to see the threads pop up! Watching them develop is my favourite part. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back