RPF DREDD HELMET CONTEST - Win an original helmet from DREDD!

I tried making a Dredd Helmet to complete my costume...but it turned out rubbish!

I just bought a helmet, painted the trim, affixed a Dredd Badge to the front of it, and called it a day.

photo.php

photo.php

Well im gonna say that, its the first time i enter a helmet making contest and i loved it from start to finish, and it doesnt matter who wins i had alot of fun doing it, and i got to see great helmets being made by some talented members, so i wish everyone best of luck, ;)

Well im gonna say that, its the first time i enter a helmet making contest and i loved it from start to finish, and it doesnt matter who wins i had alot of fun doing it, and i got to see great helmets being made by some talented members, so i wish everyone best of luck, ;)

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Couldn't have said it better myself!

yeh i fell same too
As we wind down to a close (only 5 days left people!) I'm going to start my blitz on the build threads to make sure everyone's entries qualify. That will begin tonight. :)

REMEMBER!

In addition to your thread you need a minimum of TWO in progress shots and you need to post a final picture in the gallery here:

2013-02 - DREDD Helmet Contest - the RPF Gallery
sorry for asking this "what GMT time therpf use???" :confused

ALRIGHT FOLKS! These are the entries we have thus far. If you are not on this list and you have a build thread please let me know! I will add a "complete" to each entry that has finished all of the requirements.

ammclane
RossT - Complete
made007
BlindSquirrel
MrPinski - Complete
deta
Fett80 - Complete
Skor
Kaydenmacg - Complete
JudgeLusk - Complete
Juez Dredd - Complete
RacerMachX
jayster - Complete
J Scorn - Complete
Barbarbian
ledgerjoker
ZombieDog
Sorenzo
epilepticsquirl

Once again, if you are not on this list and should be let me know! Also, if you do not have a "complete" beside your name and you think you should let me know!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new here!
Can I compete, I have something I've started and MIGHT finish in time . . .
Can't work out how to attach an image but I'm working on a Judge Mortis.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new here!
Can I compete, I have something I've started and MIGHT finish in time . . .
Can't work out how to attach an image but I'm working on a Judge Mortis.

You're welcome to try! Post a new thread and tell us about your build making sure to include at least two "in progress" photos.

Ah here we go, I'm making a wearable Mortis head.
The clock is ticking!

And I see you've figured out the attachments. :lol

Good luck!

So I had this mould that I'd made from a for a sculpt a couple of months ago for some masks to be worn by kids for a stage show.
I had the idea at the time to build a Mortis mask when I had the chance but it's been on the back burner due to other work.
The mask is based on a mouse deer skull so not the required sheep skull for Mortis but I'm going to adapt the mould and hopefully make it work.
If this variant doesn't work I'll use it as a base to improve upon!

I used the fibreglass mould to do a reverse vac form, sucking into the mould instead of over a form. This way you get great detail.

So now I have two plastic halves which I've superglued together and notched out the eyes and nose to be more sheep like.

It's a tight fit which is nice so the scale should look right.
I need to do some building in the nose cavity and the eye sockets need building up too.
If I've time I'll leather the edges so I don't remove an ear putting it on and I'm going to make a black netting mask to wear underneath.
Tick tock . . .tick tock . . .

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back