'Silent" Christmas Greeting

MacGyverSG10

Hello from me and the boys ...

RPF-SilentXmas.jpg

To everyone here at the RPF -- Have a safe and Happy Holiday.

-Mac

Hi m8

I love those, and it always brings back that very sad moment when one of them (can't remember if its huey, lewy or dewy,) gets his foot stuck while outside the ship in the storm and gets blown away.

anyway they are great.

:) Don

Thanks guys -- I've always liked these little drones and the the movie they were in "Silent Running" from '72. A pretty clever movie for it's day, when special effects were still a lot of work.

I've seen pics of some done full-sized and they look real sweet.

I still need to figure out how to do the numbers for their fronts and backs and get the lens (for where the light is suppose to be on each). But it was fun building this kit.

... Oh & BTW, it was poor little Louie (the green one) who got his foot stuck and was swept away, while the Valley Forge was "shooting the rapids". A moment that still kind of chokes me up, to this day.

Cheers..

-Mac

Clever, thanks Mac. Always makes me smile when someone acnowledges that film.
For most folks here, it was Star Wars that transformed them into sci-fi nut cases. For me it was Silent Running. Saw it back in the early 70's when I was a little kid and I was convinced that Huey Dewy & Lewy were real robots.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Samos 3 @ Dec 16 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]1379441[/snapback]</div>
... Saw it back in the early 70's when I was a little kid and I was convinced that Huey Dewy & Lewy were real robots.
[/b]

Yes, it does take away some of the "magic" to know the secret about the movie drones.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back