1" scale model Rifleman's house?

Freebooter

Hello all,
I grew up watching "The Rifleman" back in late '50s-70s and after collecting a horde of screen stills and pics from the series, built a one inch scale model of it. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing it, the progression steps in building it,, etc.
Freebooter
Alabama

Hi Freebooter,

You never have to ask if we're interested in seeing build pics! We're always interested in seeing what other folks are doing, building, etc... :)

I always like seeing models made, but as I remember, they lived in a 3 room shack. There was one room and two bedrooms (never seen) Certainly there was an out house out back, but never seen.

All it is is the house. I built it on a piece of plywood and not enough room for barn, etc. This is 1" scale, meaning like the front wall of house is 20" or more long, etc. A 6" tall man would be right at home!! LOL!.

But like I said, Iamnot hasling with photo bucket, etc. I don't know why some sites let you upload from your PC and others won't let you and make you do it through a URL. To hell with that. Too many pics.
Freebooter

Starting a thread and then sounding very angry over easily uploading pics to a hosting site sounds quite ridiculous... Just saying...

Well if you did grow up watching the Rifleman 1958-1963 you are 50-60 years old. If you watched re-runs in the 70s you should in your 40s. By posting it’s “too much of a hassle to post photos” of what you said you built, makes you sound like a 10 years old.
You should ask the mod’s to delete this thread so others are not wasting time looking at NOTHING…..

Well if you did grow up watching the Rifleman 1958-1963 you are 50-60 years old. If you watched re-runs in the 70s you should in your 40s. By posting it’s “too much of a hassle to post photos” of what you said you built, makes you sound like a 10 years old.
You should ask the mod’s to delete this thread so others are not wasting time looking at NOTHING…..

:thumbsup

Here is a link to a Rifleman site where I posted them some time ago if you wish to see the house/pics, etc: David's Model Ranch

But of course I am not angry, good gosh y'all, just making a comment about my preference in uploading pics! I did not mean to sound as such, just saying. it is just that I have tried Photo bucket, etc, and had troubles with it. And Rick H, I apologize if I sounded like angry, but you know, what you said could easily be construed as a smart assed comment too!
FB

The details on this house look great. I wasn’t expecting to see such fine detail and everything in scale like the books, lamps, framed photos, bedding etc. I like those hats hanging on the wall and those jars in the kitchen. :thumbsup

Thanks Randy. I took me a good while to finish that house. I just went to that site and could not find but those four pics showing. I had it in Stage I through III I thinnk. Where did you see the inside with the lamps and hats? Perhaps I am over looking a link.
Freebooter

I clicked on the small triangle (arrow) to the right of the thumbnails and it brought up more thumbnails to click on. i hope that makes sense.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing it, the progression steps in building it,, etc.
Freebooter
Alabama

I was going to post some pics but it asked for a URL. Too much hassel. I wish you could upload directly from your PC!
FB

I don't know why some sites let you upload from your PC and others won't let you and make you do it through a URL. To hell with that. Too many pics.
Freebooter

Sorry if you took it as a smart A-- remark. but these are all things that my 16 year old grandson would say or do.

Rick,
Perhaps I should have worded it differently, I apologize for coming across that way. But still, I was just making comments, just commenting on my preference pertaining to uploading.

And Randy, I found the little arrow link. I just sent her a handful of pics of the finished exterior (one panel yet to put on the shingles). If anyone is into the Rifleman, that is a pretty good site with lots of info. I like the "Then and Now" pics of where the little ranchhouse was in what is now Malibu State Park. Stuff like that is fascinating.
Freebooter

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back