Concept Batman Costume

outlookaj

Hey Guys,

Taking on a new project as my MKIV Build is put on hold due to weather not allowing me to fiberglass/plastidip.

Anyways, I have been wanting to make a new batman suit as my TDK suit was... meh (for lack of better terms). I found this concept/original Design cruising online and instantly knew I wanted to have one. I wish I knew who the artist is or where it came from to give credit where credit is due.

If anyone does know who the artist is or where it came from. Feel free to post as I would also be interested in knowing!

I am Currently working on the cowl. I am going to attempt to pep/sculpt a cowl and cast it in latex. I am going for a cowl loosely based on the Arkham City Cowl.

Can't wait to see this awesome design come to life. May I ask what material you plan on using to make the padded sections?

Can't wait to see this awesome design come to life. May I ask what material you plan on using to make the padded sections?

I am Planning on using some EVA Craft foam with some sort of heavier textured material over top and some kind of one-piece under suit. Not too sure on any exact materials at the moment.

Here is an update on the cowl:

Finished the Pep Building of the Arkham City Cowl. And Boy is it large. But i am wondering if that is a good thing since i plan on trying to cast it in latex. I have read latex Shrinks to a degree once it is pulled from a mold.

I am going to be looking around for an answer but If anyone has a rough idea how much it shrinks that would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways here are some pictures of the completed Pep of the cowl.

Love that art work. Best of luck with the build.
Looking at the picture to me it looks like a latex bodysuit over a grey unitard, which seems like a brilliant idea as you get the best of comic and movie looks. Subscribed.

Here is a bit of an update for you guys:

The cowl is waaayy too big :facepalm
So going to be rebuilding that with a scaled down file

I started playing around with the belt buckle idea, designed slightly after the arkham buckle. Painted this prototype one gold but the final will be black. I liek the design of this more than the buckle in the picture. The buckle is functional Just requires some tweaking.

Also started the gauntlets, Going for kind of a Batman Begins style. The padding is just temporary so it would stay on my arm for the picture. The suit should fill that out. The picture of the fins is what I want your opinions on. Which thickness should I go with. Keep in mind that the finished product will be much more polished than these.

I wish I knew who the artist is or where it came from to give credit where credit is due.

If anyone does know who the artist is or where it came from. Feel free to post as I would also be interested in knowing!

I first saw this posted on SuperHeroHype around the time of Begins. The artist, Bunk, still has a devientART page, I believe.

I've always liked his tactical take on the costume. Looking forward to your progress.

Hey everyone!

As promised here is an update on the Gauntlets. I went with the medium thickness of the spikes. As both sides are going to be the same. I am going to mold this one and make them off of that. Possibly out of fiberglass or urethane resin. I haven't decided yet. Should be starting some of the basic foam shapes for the chest later this weekend.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back