SIDI Crossfire Buckles for Dredd Boots

For the Brit Cit guys..( Or anyone else)...I have all of these up for sale in the UK right now...Let me know if you are interested....

Right, got my buckles, how do they attach? Do I need to buy some special rivets? Can my cobbler / leatherworker attach these with ease?

Please someone must know ! :lol

It looks like a single rivet through each strap retainer, should be simple enough, Paul. Any pop rivet will do the job.

The heel looks to me like a IOM TT rally guard that bike or motor cross riders wear as a heel protector during races, the boots certainly look like a lot of motor cross boots I've seen , the problem is finding one's that look the part , I would suggest going for white boots as this would be the easiest to dye or light tan or brown as alternatives Sidi boots have been mentioned before , use true leather dye not the dye you get from the shoemakers or shoe store , but what a tanner would use- most craft shops sell leather dye then you only need to fasten the shin guards using the buckles

The closest thing I found to the heel guard was built into a pair of cycling shoes, I think it clips them into the pedals. There's also ski boot bindings. I think it's along the sports route...

Sidi_Ergo_2_carbon_cycling_shoes_3.jpg

Last edited:
I too went down the Sidi Heel Clip route you'd need two pair as it looks like one above the other, but looking at them in reality they appear to be too small to fit the boots - I have had a revelation, looking through the secondary workshop ( that's bathroom btw) I came across a Parmolive Shower Gel Bottle and a can of Sure Anti-persperant, the anti persperant can has the 'three scalops' as its hand grips. and the Parmolive cap top is almost the same shape as the heel piece, I'm going to take a cast off each and see what I can mock up - hopefully photos soon .

Last edited:
Wow, this is so amusing to me. I actually work for the company that imports/distributes SIDI boots along with a few other brands of motorcycle protective gear. I often times find myself using our gear for costume builds. If anyone is ever curious about using motorcycle gear for costume builds I'd be happy to help out

Wow, this is so amusing to me. I actually work for the company that imports/distributes SIDI boots along with a few other brands of motorcycle protective gear. I often times find myself using our gear for costume builds. If anyone is ever curious about using motorcycle gear for costume builds I'd be happy to help out

Hi there. As far as the Dredd costume goes, the desired items are the SIDI buckles, straps, and strap retainer clips that were on the Crossfire boot a few years ago. They were on some other boots as well. The problem is, SIDI appears to have changed both the buckle and the retainer clip to a slightly different style and the old ones (the accurate ones to the film) have become almost impossible to find.
To make matters worse, for the last year, many online retailers (and eBay sellers) have continued to use photos of the old style hardware, but then they ship the new stuff (or buyers get a message weeks later that the item is "temporarily out of stock" (but is in reality, discontinued forever).
If you have any insight that would correct any of my statements above, we'd certainly be interested. We'd also be interested if you happen to know where Dredd fans could get any of the exact style SIDI items in the attached photo.
Thanks.
IMG_2535.jpgIMG_2445_2.jpg

BTW, to any Dredd costumers checking this thread who want screen accurate boot hardware, bear in mind that only Dredd and Anderson had SIDI hardware on their boots. All of the other judges (Lex, Alvarez, background judges, etc.) wore boots with non-SIDI straps and buckles (and the buckles had silver lines painted on them so they would look similar to the SIDIs from a distance.
So here is what the other "screen accurate" boots looked like as far as buckles go:
IMG_2171.jpg

With the introduction of the Crossfire 2 there were a lot of aesthetic changes including the buckles and strap retainers. But lucky for you folks I'm the warranty/repair guy for SIDI in the states so I have used spares of the older hardware. If you don't mind the dust and grime, they are pre-weathered! ;) I'd be happy to share. Mainly I have buckles. There are a few strap retainers but not many. As far as the straps themselves are concerned, those didn't actually change at all and should still be widely available for retail purchase.

IMG_20140512_082054_236.jpgIMG_20140512_082130_244.jpg

There are a few different heel cups that are available from SIDI, but as far as I can tell from the photos the ones used in the film were not SIDIs.

If you wanted to use them, here is what I was able to find.

Vortice Heel Cup (White) - Vortice Spare Parts

PU Heel Cup - ST Spare Parts

Heel Cup (1st Generation) - Vertigo Spare Parts

And in the interests of full disclosure I do work for this company but I don't see a dime from increased sales. I want to stay in compliance with RPF rules. There are other places you can get these parts aside from our website.

I've been asked by a few different people about obtaining the buckles and strap retainers for boots. In compliance with the RPF's rules I've become a premium member in order to sell these in an official capacity. I should be past the 45 day period on the 1st of next month at which time I'll have organised the parts for sale. I'll let you all know how to get them, and I'll make sure it doesn't cost much.

EDIT: While placing an order for a customer I found some leftover brand new buckles which I had thought we were sold out on. Below are the links for all the parts we make that were used in the film. If we do run out of stock on the new ones, I still have my used ones I'll be able to supply. As I've said once before, I just work here. I don't see a dime from these sales. Hopefully that keeps me in compliance with the rules.

Buckles

Strap Retainers

Straps

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back