Rubbertoe Replicas launches with screen accurate Doctor Who props!

My plaque arrived! Bigger than I thought!

My only complaint is that I wish it was shipped with more protection, it was just shipped inside a bubble enveople. I'm sure my Dalek Ray Gun will be shipped in a much bigger protected box!

D65BB3EF-7A1E-4C08-9009-CD1063064878-14594-000005833A02DF5E_zps72cf65eb.jpg

Got my Dalek Death Ray!

First impression: It's much heavier than I thought and is much bigger than I thought it would be! The base is awesome acrylic with a metal top with #41/250 and autographed by Nick Robatto!

Packaging: I was worried about shipping materials since my TARDIS plaque came in a bubble wrapped mailer package. The Death Ray came in a large box and was wrapped very well with bubble wrap and the box filled with packaging peanuts. Much better than TARDIS plaque. The packaging felt like a custom prop maker and not forms professional prop making company. Their TARDIS plaque box was quite nice and I'm sure down the road the packaging will be much more of a professional display such as SSC, MR, eFX, etc. Besides how it worked it arrived safe! Only took 3 days too!

Actual Prop: 1:1 exact replica of a Dalek Death Ray from the actual prop maker! Can't get any better than that!

Price: It's one of my most expensive pieces BUT it was handmade by the actual prop makers! I can't say that there are many opportunities to have a piece like this and the Daleks are my favorite villains that have spanned the life of the Doctor and the show! I wish it was $200 cheaper and I hope a future release of a sonic screwdriver will be as reasonable and much cheaper than Qmx's!

Here's some pictures!

D213C1DA-6E8B-4547-8D95-69EC140497F8-3560-0000015CA5E7E482_zps068b65ce.jpg

E8106B6A-5F68-45EC-8292-2DA63F73AE74-3560-0000015CAC0D1676_zpsb0181125.jpg

E85F76CD-8925-440C-86E8-F69FF6F6CF3A-3560-0000015CB5474410_zps6ca92277.jpg

BAE3D876-D1DA-42EA-A369-CD06D4AA17B3-3560-0000015CC4F603E4_zps1ef42b21.jpg

622528E0-C96B-4F66-ADB1-0D364B19E762-3560-0000015CD061BB5B_zps25d16dfb.jpg

I'm so jealous!

Congratulations, it's absolutely gorgeous. Did it come in the same wooden box as the blaster posted above?

I'm so jealous!

Congratulations, it's absolutely gorgeous. Did it come in the same wooden box as the blaster posted above?

No unfortunately. Nick said the ray was too awkward to make a box for and to ship at a good price, which having it hand is totally understandable.

I do have to say their communication is AWESOME! Answered all my questions within a day (even with the time difference) and even fulfilled my request for #41!

One of the easiest transaction I've had in awhile!

Birdie,

This may seem like a strange request, but is there any chance you could provide measurements of the box in which the blaster is supplied as well as the length of the display stand?

Would be most appreciated!

The box is approx 34.5cm x 24cm x 10.5cm

The length of the pistol is approx 28.5cm.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Birdie, most appreciated.

Despite my reservations about the price, I've sold a bunch of stuff just so I'm able to buy one of these things and will be ordering shortly. The reason I was asking the box size was to see if it would fit in my display cabinet....not a chance! There'll even only be a couple of cm spare on either side of the gun itself.

Cheers Birdie, most appreciated.

Despite my reservations about the price, I've sold a bunch of stuff just so I'm able to buy one of these things and will be ordering shortly. The reason I was asking the box size was to see if it would fit in my display cabinet....not a chance! There'll even only be a couple of cm spare on either side of the gun itself.

Yeah, it's tricky :lol

I had a space on top of a glass top display cabinet, so I've got it on the stand, sitting on top of the straw in the box:

307vkwo.jpg

Hurrah! I had a pressie waiting for my when I arrived at the office this morning:

With some Sonic friends:

And of course I couldn't resist taking a few shots of myself...y'know...just to give an accurate representation of scale:

Captain Smugness reporting for duty:

You could pull off a good 10th Doctor, btw...

Thanks! You wouldn't say that if you saw me in person though! At 5'6"ish, I'd certainly be one of the shortest 10 cosplayers around! My hair also seems much darker in those pictures that in it is normally.

by looking at the photo it's 250/250 so unless he asked for that I guess he is sold out?

Nah...I asked for it. I wasn't too fussed about the number, I just wanted a "nice" one, but Kath was very accommodating and basically said anything above 50 would be okay, so that gives you an idea of how many are left. But if I can't have the first one, I might as well pretend I've got the very last one!

Now I just hope Nick makes a Vortex Manipulator to go with it...as long as he gives my bank account a few months to recover!

I've seen a few people now with Jack's gun, but not seen any in-hand pictures of River's. No-one interested?

On another note, I just got an e-mail from Forbidden Planet offering these up for pre-order. At

I placed an order for one of the cubes.
I'm hoping for a proper 11th sonic replica one day, I'm still surprised that three years of Matt Smith and still no replica....

Looking forward to seeing some pics, General. Even though it's one of the cheapest items on offer, I just couldn't bring myself to pay £40 for a black cube and thankfully I'm not as desperate to own one of them as I was to get a Sonic Blaster.

On another note, Rubbertoe's Facebook page has just announced that new products will be available "soon-ish".

Re: Re: Rubbertoe Replicas launches with screen accurate Doctor Who props!

Looking forward to seeing some pics, General. Even though it's one of the cheapest items on offer, I just couldn't bring myself to pay £40 for a black cube and thankfully I'm not as desperate to own one of them as I was to get a Sonic Blaster.

On another note, Rubbertoe's Facebook page has just announced that new products will be available "soon-ish".

I wanted a cube ever since watching The Power of Three.
Sure, it's expensive considering the simplicity and size, but it's the only product currently being offered I have interest in and I really want to support the propmaker.

I really hope for a River diary and Cybermat.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back