Rubbertoe Replicas launches with screen accurate Doctor Who props!

I am glad that this website has been launched. Now that my remote sonic has been converted into a full working replica, I now need an awesome stand to display it on. After searching Rubbertoe Replicas I noticed that his stands fit the Wand Company sonic.

Here it is in case you haven't seen it:

Sonicstand_zpsd14eb815.jpg

This is definately going to be my next acquisition.......

Hey, glad you're liking the new products. Been working hard to get these products licensed and produced, it wasn't easy but I eventually got there. Lets hope it's worth it!
Any additional info needed please ask away.:)

Rubbertoe props, props for TV and Film
Rubbertoe Replicas, Doctor Who Replica Props

Most excellent work Nick on getting the licensed replicas up and running. :thumbsup

Sure will be looking into getting one of your replicas in my possession sooner rather than later. :cool

Hey, the display coasters, spheres and sonic holder are all cold cast with brass powder.

Dear Nick,

(Firstly, you are a fantastic craftsman and prop builder! I wish I had your talent!)

May I please ask you some questions? Admittedly, you may not wish to answer some of the questions; due to possible non-disclosure agreements with QMX, BBC Worldwide, BBC Wales, etc.

You have been making some screen-accurate replicas of Sonic Screwdrivers for QMX, which have retailed for a few thousand US dollars. And excellent they are too. However, many fans would like to be able to purchase an officially licensed replica at at much cheaper price. And now here are my actual questions...

Does QMX have the exclusive Sonic Screwdriver replica license?

If your company acquired the rights to make and sell Sonic Screwdriver replicas of, say, the 9th Dr, the 10th Dr, the 11th Dr, River Song, and The Master's, could these be made to retail for a few hundred US dollars without compromising on screen-accuracy? Could manufacture be done in the UK, or would it be in China (due to keeping costs low)? Would you have to compromise on the quality of materials, the quality of the construction, the finish, etc?

...I appreciate that you probably cannot answer these questions, due to non-disclosure agreements, business confidentiality, etc.

However, after reading numerous debates here and elsewhere, I am curious as to how cheaply screen-accurate replica Sonics could be made without it adversely affecting screen-accuracy and quality of build and materials.

Thank you for posting this!
The coasters are lovely, and I love the sonic screwdriver stand, too. I presume my 10th sonic will fit by the description, even if it's a bit loose.

I wish that there were just horizontal screwdriver stands as well, not just the coaster displays or the dual coaster-and-screwdriver displays. I'd like to display my screwdriver horizontally and have my coasters as coasters! Not just to be contrary, I swear.

Still I'm delighted to see a wonderful range available here in the UK and made by the man himself. I can't afford much but I love that there's several things in the low price bracket, so I can have something made by Nick Robatto.

Dear Nick,

(Firstly, you are a fantastic craftsman and prop builder! I wish I had your talent!)

May I please ask you some questions? Admittedly, you may not wish to answer some of the questions; due to possible non-disclosure agreements with QMX, BBC Worldwide, BBC Wales, etc.

You have been making some screen-accurate replicas of Sonic Screwdrivers for QMX, which have retailed for a few thousand US dollars. And excellent they are too. However, many fans would like to be able to purchase an officially licensed replica at at much cheaper price. And now here are my actual questions...

Does QMX have the exclusive Sonic Screwdriver replica license?

If your company acquired the rights to make and sell Sonic Screwdriver replicas of, say, the 9th Dr, the 10th Dr, the 11th Dr, River Song, and The Master's, could these be made to retail for a few hundred US dollars without compromising on screen-accuracy? Could manufacture be done in the UK, or would it be in China (due to keeping costs low)? Would you have to compromise on the quality of materials, the quality of the construction, the finish, etc?

...I appreciate that you probably cannot answer these questions, due to non-disclosure agreements, business confidentiality, etc.

However, after reading numerous debates here and elsewhere, I am curious as to how cheaply screen-accurate replica Sonics could be made without it adversely affecting screen-accuracy and quality of build and materials.

Hi, I appreciate your need for info about sonics but I am not going to go anywhere near the subject, we all know what happens when that word is mentioned!:darnkids
Only time will tell!
But thanks for the kind comments.

Hi Nick,

I just wanted to say, fantastic site and beautifully made props. I just started watching Dr. Who, as EWAN can attest to, and absolutely love the props in show. Thanks for bringing out your wares into the world !

Aw man, I was going to put the tax returns in the bank bank :facepalm.

I gotta get those squareness guns. Original molds, original prop maker, **** yes!!!! Can not wait to see what surprises Nick has in store for us this year :cheers.

Aw man, I was going to put the tax returns in the bank bank :facepalm.

I gotta get those squareness guns. Original molds, original prop maker, **** yes!!!! Can not wait to see what surprises Nick has in store for us this year :cheers.

I wish I could afford the Jack one at the moment, but probably by the time I can the 250 will be gone. :cry

I wish I could afford the Jack one at the moment, but probably by the time I can the 250 will be gone. :cry

They are expensive but the Prices are actually pretty amazing for pulled from screen used original molds (not to mention hand finished by the original maker).

I have paid more for unfinished pulls of things from screen used molds.

Ordered a TARDIS plaque! *1963 is the year the show started and how the plaque appears in the show!

If anything goes well I'll be grabbing a paper weight sphere as well!

Debating whether to get a squareness gun or save up for a sonic if one appears........
Friends are helping MWAH chip in!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back