The Goonies Copper Bones

auzorann

about a week ago i came across a raw casting on ebay of the copper bones from The Goonies. it was pretty cheap so i bought it. when i got it i found it was an awful casting and after looking at some others online realized it was most likely a recast. a poor one at that.

since i had never painted one of these i figured i'd give it a try. if i messed it up it didn't matter lol. despite the quality, i think it turned out pretty well. let me know what you think.

VbiPpMT.jpg

You are correct that it is a recast.
Mezco Toys actually recast RPF member Indy Magnoli's Copper Bones and then others began recasting the Mezco Toy casting, and so on....

Great job on the paint!:cool:thumbsup

Yeah, you did a great job with the repaint. Very authentic. I've given up caring about these recasts... I even saw one in the Pirate Museum in St. Augustine, Florida!

about a week ago i came across a raw casting on ebay of the copper bones from The Goonies. it was pretty cheap so i bought it. when i got it i found it was an awful casting and after looking at some others online realized it was most likely a recast. a poor one at that.

since i had never painted one of these i figured i'd give it a try. if i messed it up it didn't matter lol. despite the quality, i think it turned out pretty well. let me know what you think.

Very good painting job. I'm thinking doing the same with mine too.
Can anyone help me out with the correct words of the inscription on the back?
Thanks

i wish i could help you with the inscription on the back. i was going to add that to mine but after doing a quick search i couldn't find what it said. so i figured i would do it next time.

if you happen to come across the inscription please let me know.

Very good painting job. I'm thinking doing the same with mine too.
Can anyone help me out with the correct words of the inscription on the back?
Thanks

I have no idea what it is, but have you looked at the map? It might be on there as well.

Nice paint job auzorann, I need to get mine done soon.

Hi

Well, what I found was:

"Copper Bones
Triple Stones
Westward Foams"

But from the pics it doesn't look that. Could it be written in spanish?
If anyone knows anything else pls post. Thanks

Although not screen accurate this is one I made just the other night. Think it needs more of a copper paint job. It kind of came out goldish in color. By the way I sculpted mine from clay then fired and painted it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back