Toys, Action Figures, Models, Collectibles

MU Collector Club - RIP Marvel Universe

I was slowing looking to get into this line. This is sad, so they are really re-branding it cause retailers will likely order more if it's titled Avengers as that brand is more famous due to the movies and animated series.

So Marvel doesn't have faith in their own brand name to sell toys? So X-Men figures will also be branded under Avengers? Ridiculous.

Some updates from NECA.

NECA_TOYS: As my avatar tells you, yes we have the Apes license for both modern & classic. Planning on doing a lot with it. A fave since childhood

NECA_TOYS: Diablo is the first figure in our new partnership with Blizzard. About 9" tall & led lights are planned for Holiday this year

NECA_TOYS: A Booker DeWitt is coming from @BioShockInfini in time for holiday. Finishing sculpt soon. Images once approved

NECA_TOYS: A LOT of Alien love next year. 35th Anniversary figures like Dallas in spacesuit & Jones & more. Also Bishop & Queen in the works

NECA_TOYS: We are close to completing all classes from Team Fortress 2 from Valve. Sniper, Scout & Medic nearly finished.

NECA_TOYS: Many “@Sandtrooping: @NECA_TOYS with you current profile pic can we expect some planet of the apes figures????”

NECA_TOYS: Perhaps “@Doc_Rogers: @NECA_TOYS 18" Godzilla? Or perhaps larger?”

NECA_TOYS: Trying everything I can to make that happen “@stadtman2001: @NECA_TOYS Would Ripley be part of this anniversary set?”

NECA_TOYS: Maybe “@RAAM22: @NECA_TOYS will there be other nostromo crew? In n out of spacesuit”

So glad Dallas in spacesuit is in the works, along with that I am also looking forward to the classic Space Jockey in diorama format. And of course the Planet of the Apes figures, hopefully the spaceship Icarus as well.

Last edited:
Anyone know any more about these Classic BSG toys?

mattelbsg1.jpg

mattelbsg2.jpg

mattelbsg3.jpg

mattelbsg4.jpg

mattelbsg5.jpg

NECA already does some of the best figures in the world and now this is another reason why it's such a great and classy company.

Sgt. Craig Windrix (brother of NECA sculptor Kyle Windrix) who is battling cancer will be part of the Colonial Marines in the Aliens Series 2 line.

SDCC 2013 NECA Randy Falk Interview - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
If they plan to do rest of the crew, I am guessing we will see an alternate Mal statue down the line.

1:6 Scale Malcolm Reynolds Prototype | QMx Online
More pics and details of the statue.

"QMx is very proud to present Malcolm Reynolds of the sci-fi TV series Firefly as you’ve never seen him: dynamic, determined and drop-dead gorgeous in a magnificently rendered 1:6 scale statue prototype.

The man who would become the captain of the Firefly-class transport Serenity is depicted younger as Sergeant Malcolm Reynolds of the Independents Army at the height of the battle of Serenity Valley during the Unification War against the Alliance. He radiates vitality and spirit as he charges up a promontory, brandishing the Independents flag.

The figure has been sculpted in the kind of painstaking detail that collectors have come to expect from QMx — from Mal’s face to his famous sidearm to the buckles on his brown coat. The most challenging part of doing this statue was capturing the face of Nathan Fillion, who portrayed the character.

Malcolm Reynolds Proto-9We turned to Trevor Grove, one of the top portrait sculptors in the business today, who has the uncanny ability to capture a likeness. Trevor has created scores of likenesses for the world’s top collectibles companies, including sculpts of Arnold Schwarzenegger as Dutch from Predator, Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars, and Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow from The Avengers.

The 1:6 Scale Malcolm Reynolds Statue is made of hand-cast polystone and will be hand painted. The flagstaff is metal with a resin flag, though we may end up making a fabric version (stay tuned for more on that). Mal stands approximately 12 inches tall; with the base and flag, the sculpture is 16.5 inches tall. The base measures 11 inches x 9 inches. The entire piece weighs about 10 pounds."

Mal_Proto-1_870x10001.jpg

Mal_Proto-2_760x1000.jpg

Mal_Proto-3_830x1000.jpg

Mal_Proto-4_930x1000.jpg

Mal_Proto-5_910x1000.jpg

Mal_Proto-6_860x1000.jpg

Mal_Proto-7_950x1000.jpg

Mal_Proto-8_810x1000.jpg

Mal_Proto-9_950x10001.jpg

Mal_Proto-10_1000x910.jpg

NECA really dropped the ball when they canceled their Ninja Turtle line, a lot of folks had them preordered. Surprised Playmates is putting out something that good.

Yeah those TMNT figures are some of my favourite NECA figures, glad I got them early on through pre-order as the prices shot up after the line got canceled. I wish they had at least done a Shredder and Splinter figure to go with the Turtles. The Mousers and April figures didn't sell that well.

But the reason I think NECA didn't do more was cause of change in licensing. A year after NECA's release, Nickelodeon acquired the TMNT ownership rights in 2009 and they gave Playmates the exclusive rights for most TMNT action figure lines. I am looking forward to see the complete line of figures from the TMNT 1990 movie.

I took my daughter to a car museum for her birthday a few weeks ago and they had a consignment shop attached with tons of toys, so we walked through on our way out. While I was looking at Star Wars & Trek toys I hear her scream and come running up with three 6" NECA KA2 figures, Kick-Ass, MFer and of course Hit-Girl! It was her Birthday and for $12 each, whats' a Big Daddy to do? :lol She just opened MFer and KA this morning, Hit-Girl came out of the package as soon as we got back to the hotel.:D They are pretty cool, and really detailed for toys, but not as cool as that 1/6" scale Hit-Girl! that might have to be in my meager collection, it would look great on the shelf next to my BD lid! (y)cool

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back