Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

re: Star Wars Standalone Film (Dir: Gareth Edwards)

Could Yoda Get a Stand-Alone Star Wars Film? | Superhero Hype

I'm surprisingly up for this kind of thing. Hell, an origin story for a young Yoda leading to his ascension to the high council sounds like fun.

Though, whether it should be CG or Live action...not sure about that one. I'd say CG would work better for the character.

That would not be a surprise. It's the same strategy Disney is following with the Marvel Avengers franchise.

Personally I'd rather see new stories with new characters. Stop beating these ones to the ground!

Yeah, I agree. Don't get me wrong, I love Yoda, but part of what has always made him so cool (at least, to me) is how mysterious his past and origin has always been. I'd prefer it stay that way.

I'd like to see a middle aged Yoda, say 500 years old, with black hair (Bald on top) and leading some of the early wars that let him being on the high counsel.

I'm sorry to say, but Yoda is not a character that has aged well for me. At all. I DO NOT LIKE HIS CHARACTER no matter how clever he sounds or wise he sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bergeron
Personally I'd rather see new stories with new characters. Stop beating these ones to the ground!

Yeah, I agree. Don't get me wrong, I love Yoda, but part of what has always made him so cool (at least, to me) is how mysterious his past and origin has always been. I'd prefer it stay that way.

The one-word argument against a Yoda background story: Midichlorians. How happy did knowing that make everyone?

Yoda used to be 6'2" and blonde but 500 years ago caught a wicked case of Toydarian clap in an alley and six months later he was green, shrunken, and talking backwards! Mystery solved. Move along.

Yoda used to be 6'2" and blonde but 500 years ago caught a wicked case of Toydarian clap in an alley and six months later he was green, shrunken, and talking backwards! Mystery solved. Move along.

:lol:lol:lol:thumbsup

They so advanced yet they didn't have the penicillin to save him from shriveling lol. Probably why he talks backwards too, it went straight to the brain.

The one-word argument against a Yoda background story: Midichlorians. How happy did knowing that make everyone?

Now I can't help but picture that once upon a time, Yoda was Brock Samson.

You got it all wrong. In a galaxy far far away from Star Wars, around Christmas time, a young Yoda was fed after midnight.

Yoda was a Punk @ss poser. Was a cool old dude in the ESB & ROTJ. likely cause he knew he done Goofed and messed up the whole Galaxy

I always liked this quote from Rogue Planet:

"That big eared tree stump knows nothing about human children. And for that matter, neither do you. You've never married, Mace! I have. I have many sons and daughters, on many worlds..." - Jedi Master Thracia Cho Leem

From Disney's earning conference call today with analysts:

Disney To Release Additional Films Based on Star Wars Characters. CEO Bob Iger made the disclosure in an interview on CNBC. He says that Larry Kasden and Simon Kinberg are working on them, and they’re in addition to the planned Star Wars 7, 8 and 9. No word yet on which characters are involved.

Bob Iger and Disney confirm additional SW films beyond the sequel trilogy..

From his interview this afternoon on CNBC and their earning conference call with analysts:

Disney To Release Additional Films Based on Star Wars Characters. CEO Bob Iger made the disclosure in an interview on CNBC. He says that Larry Kasden and Simon Kinberg are working on them, and they’re in addition to the planned Star Wars 7, 8 and 9. No word yet on which characters are involved.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60785

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back