APU Mecha

IMGP5821_zps3896437c.jpg

IMGP5822_zpsa796bb52.jpg

IMGP5823_zps500ba349.jpg

yeah. now it looks like it's leading towards something. but the quality of finish leaves much to be desired. hopefully once i putty and sand it'll look cleaner and attract some attention. seems dead in here....

... seems dead in here....
LOL. I know what you mean. Feels like talking to yourself, right? Don't worry people are reading. They just might not be so interested in the subject matter or quality of work or even because of language barriers. But there's always someone out there who gets inspired and will follow your work.

undaunted, i move ahead. maybe a little slower this time...
beginning torso construction.
IMGP5865_zpscc75892d.jpg

IMGP5866_zps9f025a4b.jpg

IMGP5867_zps05e048cc.jpg

these round bits are where the arms will sit, rotate, as well as allow actuation of the arms. the designer, though having taken liberties, has done a pretty thorough job..
IMGP5868_zps5d76d4cd.jpg

IMGP5883_zps993d7205.jpg

Last edited:
scrapped the old cage and made a more accurate one. gave me lots of problems this.
IMGP5869_zps64a9cb71.jpg

upper torso test fit.
IMGP5871_zps50c33c1a.jpg

and everything together so far...
IMGP5873_zpscdf2c313.jpg

i think it looks pretty good. a little fugly but still...what say you gents?

It's fugly all right,

in the BEST way possible!

The A.P.U.s from the matrix were never meant to be Macross mechs, they were supposed to be no more than big suits to handle bigger guns and you are NAILING the feel of it! Can't wait to see more, these scratch builds are always a trip for me to watch.

Keep it up!! It looks fantastic!

cheers mate. good to know someone's following. i'll try not to disappoint. i have plans to try and paint and weather it later. never done that before so i hope i don't fudge it up too much lol. never done anything this detailed before so it's a learning process for me too. thanks again.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back