Warcraft (Post-release)

Re: Warcraft

i couldnt even log in if i wanted. i forgot my password, and lately i tried to get into my battle.net account, and now it wont allow me to enter a password anymore and tells me to contact the customer service :D

i dont really think they are that busy. they only have 1 cinematic in every expansion, everything else are ingame cinematics.

id say those guys are underutilized

You do realize that Warcraft isn't the only title through blizzard right? There's also Starcraft And Diablo. Starcraft has 2 more games coming out and Diablo 3 has an expansion coming out at some point. Both series use several cinematic cutscenes throughout the game.

I'm pretty sure not all, but some of the cinematic artists work on all 3 series. Also considering the detail on the cinematics, I'd say they have their work cut out and not twiddling their thumbs for 6 months out of the year.

agreed, not to mention that compared to pixar and the like, blizzard has very few cinematics people, i would assume no more than 10, although thats just a shot in the dark, for them to put out a full length movie, it would take decades.

and i agree with EyeofSauron... i do NOT want to see a movie where some kids get ported into the world of warcraft, the entire idea seems dumb and hokey to me.

Just found this thread. To clear up some things:

- The Cinematics Department at Bliz currently has about 130 people. It's been more than 10 people since StarCraft in 1998.

- One of the ideas for the department was to make a CG movie, but that was scrapped long ago. Bliz (wisely) decided that the focus of the company should be games and movies should be made externally.

- The department is always busy. I still don't think I fully recovered from the crunches on Diablo 2.

HH

empiremagazine: They just showed a teaser for World Of Warcraft! People are losing their freakin' minds! #SDCC

devincf: WARCRAFT teaser is AWESOME. Blizzard's great landscape design of Durotar is there. Teaser had looting, PvP element. Really cool. #SDCC

EricVespe: They just showed a teaser for Warcraft. Orc circling a man with dragon sword... Brings down the hammer, squishes dude

totalfilm: Duncan Jones is here! #SDCC

devincf : I really want them to put that online. You guys will go nuts. #SDCC

EricVespe: Warcraft starts shooting early 2014, per @ ManMadeMoon

Legendary shows a tone piece for Duncan Jones' WARCRAFT, announces early 2014 start date! - Ain't It Cool News

Last edited:

There was no anouncment for a "World of Warcraft" movie, there was an anouncment for a "Warcraft" movie, that being said there are a lot more options than people here are talking about.

People keep talking about Wrath and BC, but any really old warcraft players (those of us that started playing in 1994) will probably tell you Reign of Chaos (the first segment of warcraft 3 from 2002) had the best plot of any, when they introduced Arthus, Illidan, Sargaris, Kael Thalas, Lady Vash, Magtheradon, Thrall, Chen Stormstout, Jana proudmore, Baine Bloodhoof, Cenarius, Sylvanas (as a night elf then as forsaken), Anub Arach, Kel'Thuzad, and Medivh (everyone that was cool in BC and Wrath). This would give all the awsome characters, and the back story about how and why things like the Burring Crusade and Wrath happened. Just the opinion of someone who has played warcraft for about 19 years (i bet some people reading this are not even that old).

Last edited:

yeah but thats not gonna happen.
a) dont throw all your characters out at once cause you will have no material for any sequels
b) people dont have the attention span to follow more than 5 individual characters at once anymore

The Illidan storyline as a movie would be so amazing. I'm a huge fan of his tragic story. Although Wrath was my favourite WoW expansion with the best weapons and armor aesthetic, I didn't find Arthas' story quite as compelling. It takes a close second for me.

Anything from Diablo would also make a sick movie, tho.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Didn't see this posted yet. This is the cast claimed to be on the project by IMDb. I think I'm in heaven! Travis Fimmel, Dominic Cooper, Ben Foster, Rob Kazinsky, and Clancy Brown! Although, only Ben Foster has been confirmed as a character - Medivh.

Also, to put to rest the talk of WoW being the source material: "Warcraft‘s events will reportedly unfold against the backdrop of Orcs & Humans and Tides of Darkness, the first two installments in the beloved series, rather than the looser, more open-air experience of World of Warcraft."

http://screenrant.com/warcraft-movie-plot-story-characters/

Last edited by a moderator:

B13qei5CYAAFwo7.jpg:large

B13qe8iCAAAa-1s.jpg:large

I was really into the Warcraft lore through Warcraft and Warcraft II, then Starcraft came along and completely usurped my interest in Warcraft. A Starcraft movie would be amazing, especially once it went overseas to Korea. They're so into Starcraft there, Blizzard actually waited to announce Starcraft II in Korea when they revealed it. They have Starcraft painted planes over there for crying out loud.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4129/5173011019_85193bdaec.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq0vLeL0RNs

Interesting. I'm usually pretty cynical about films like this, but this one appears to have some solid names attached to it. Hope it can deliver and that I'm pleasantly surprised.

Previously scheduled for March 2016.

ManMadeMoon: June... Now you're absolutely sure, right? No more changes? This is IT. This date... Good then! :)

CFbC_OYUsAM1jf5.jpg:large

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back