Chris Reeve Superman Costume

Rupert_Angier

Sr Member
If it hasn't been done already, I would like to start a thread about Christopher Reeve's Superman costume, just like the thread about Wolverine's jacket. A lot of people have done this costume, and would like to see what people have, or what they know about the costume.

If possible, could you post your pics, and information about it? To me, this is the best Superman costume done for film, or for anything else. I've heard the CKing had one, but from what I gather that was a while ago.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rupert_Angier @ Dec 13 2006, 06:07 AM) [snapback]1376864[/snapback]</div>
If so, could you post your pics, and information about it? To me, this is the best Superman costume done for film, or for anything else. I've heard the CKing had one, but from what I gather that was a while ago.
[/b]

here's mine

since you asked so nicely

1_G.jpg

2_G.jpg

3_G.jpg

5_G.jpg

17_G.sized.jpg

8_G.jpg

I have yet to find a good mannequin for this. KMD gave me some great ideas though . I will let the artist speak up when he is ready. This fabric was a real hunt as even Cking joined me going back and forth. I think you will find that's your biggest limitation. This took up at least 6 mos to find .

Got Maul,

that's a FANTASTIC suit.. :D :thumbsup Please let the artist know I love it, and if you can, have he/ she contact me. Great costumes everyone..

I would also like to know more about these suits. Please PM me with contact information if you are able to provide it.

Thanks,
Chris

Just like Maul said , the fabric is the hardest thing to get right. along with the correct shield shape & size and sewing it into the Tunic verse stitching it to the Tunic. also the trunks are another area, you dont want them to high or too short :D also about the fabric we used heavy weight stretch-knit cotton (no spandex or lycra)with a blueish/green look to it depending on how it is photographed.
hope this helps

-Shawn

Darth-Shawn,

thanks for the information on the fabric, and the troubles it takes to make one of these fine costumes. I love the colors on yours and the look. The boots are awesome as well.

I took these photos last month at Tussauds in London; not sure how accurate the costume is but the display looked good overall:

london048medium2gb1.jpg

london049medium2ha8.jpg

Al

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ob1al @ Dec 16 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]1379436[/snapback]</div>
I took these photos last month at Tussauds in London; not sure how accurate the costume is but the display looked good overall:

london048medium2gb1.jpg

london049medium2ha8.jpg

Al
[/b]

sweet pics :)

You should check a certain auction site -- there are some GREAT shots of an authentic Reeve up right now - including the inside and sole of the boots. There's something written on the bottom, but I can't make it out.

Many of you may remember I had a long thread on the creation and progress of what eventually became this -

Prototype_Suit.jpg

This was entirely scratchmade from no patterns and as much reference as I could find. Since cKing has joined me on the journey, I've been able to revise the suit almost entirely. A company in Argentina made my new tunic (and GotMaul's I believe) though he's spot on about the fabric - Notice his is more 'screen accurate' in colour than mine, but mine is a closer match to the actual fabric of the real costume and photgraphs looking like the suit used in Superman IV. I still make the belts to order and the cast-from-screenused-belt-buckle is my favourite accessory on the costume.
Here are the latest pictures, and yes, they have been altered a little to make me more - ahem - Super.

Costume2.jpg

Suit.jpg

Costume_3.jpg

Cape1.jpg

Tribute003.jpg

And this is how I have it set up in my office at home;

Office06014.jpg

That's a Dullam/Causey head on a mannequin used for military wear.

Enjoy.

Great costumes everyone.

GELForever, I saw that costume on another board site. Very cool. One day soon, you'll get a PM from me about a belt :thumbsup

Wow. Gel, you can actually pull off wearing that thing - most people can't. The second pic, you actually look like Patrick Warburton playing Superman. Great pics and costume.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back