New Star Wars Figures - The Black Series

Re: 2015 Han Solo & Tauntaun Set - Black Series

Ugh.

Don't get me started on these.

Bottom line with the 6" Black Series: The awful paint apps. If Hasbro didn't use the same paint apps as the 3.75" figures, the 6" would really shine.

Wave 1 was the best. Really set the tone for the line.

But then it all went down hill.

I won't even get started on Dark Helmet..sorry, Dartth Vader*

Sigh. Just release Han Bespin, Han TFA, Luke TFA, Kylo Ren and Poe Dameron so I can end my quest in this line.

Well... 3/4 of the first wave was good. The R2 was a real disappointment. Not only was he too small, he also, his paint applications were nothing like the prototype shown off at shows/conventions. Like I said earlier, hit and miss. There is usually one or two worth getting in the line.

The 6" Ahsoka (from Rebels) looks to be awesome, lets hope the paint applications are not crap: http://news.toyark.com/2015/04/16/star-wars-black-series-ahsoka-6-inch-rebels-figure-157889

Star-Wars-Rebels-Black-Series-Ahsoka-Tano-001.jpg

Most of the paint jobs are god awful. Which is really disappointing, because I've seen pretty good paint jobs on the 3 3/4 figures, so we know they're capable of better.
I would pass on Boushh. I'd like to pick up a few more various troopers, I think the Commander Cody looks okay. I intend on picking up two Han Solo's and converting one into a Kyle Katarn.
That's the bummer though, having to overhall some of these just to end up with a decent figure because it wasn't done from the jump.

Here is a good review go Boushh with many photos:

Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series-Boushh-Leia-Comparison.jpg

See that is just dumb. How did she lose/gain that much height in the same film series?

I think Chewbacca would look good in a display with the Luke and Han Trooper Disguise figures.

I would have like a Vader but something was off about his helmet.

Good on TheFwoosh for showing the differences as they are. I like his reviews. Go check out his review on the BANDAI 1/2 scale models. Convinced me there are better out there.

heres another exclusive for toyzrus. jabbas rancor pit................gosh i wish this was 6" but sadly its 3 3/4.

The-Black-Series-Toys-R-Us-Jabbas-Rancor-Pit-001.jpg

It would be awesome if it was 6". If it were, like Jabba, you could bet the Rancor would be undersized as well.

Where is Jabba's throne thing? Do they think no-one notices these things missing?

Thought I might update this. When I listed the figures I have previously I forgot to mention I also have Jabba and Boba Fett. I like the Boba Fett a lot.
I picked up the Han Solo in Stormy descuise last night. He's pretty cool too. The only thing I don't care for is that his helmet fits pretty wonky on his head. That and his helmet has four teeth like a stunt over a hero.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think by "helmet" this reviewer is referring to the mask, and if so I agree with him that it is too large. The helmet ("dome" in the review) could stand to be a little larger, maybe. And the surface looks a wee bit rough.

agree. Also, I think the shoulder armor material is too bulky. I think it is a separate piece and as such it rides up too high. Maybe having the shoulder armor molded to the torso might be better. I also think they need a thinner lighter material for the cape. The thickness at that call looks as if he is wearing a black comforter.

FYI: found a good comparison picture of the different 6" Vaders.

Left to right: Black Series - Figuarts - Bandai model - Revo

bvsb9AD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I kept seeing the black series Kylo Ren at Walmart and today I said screw it and bought it,now I need to find a few Stormtroopers from both the old and new films......

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back