My ANH Luke/Vader shared stunt finally finished.

pfillery

I'm proud to show off my latest creation finally done, the elusive Luke/Vader shared stunt saber. I've been a little quiet with other projects and work so haven't been on the scene that much, but this one was started a long time ago. I'll more than likely look at selling all my sabers soon.

This is scratchbuilt but uses a genuine Graflex clamp, eye and red button. Made from stainless tube which can be polished to very closely replicate the graflex finish. Blade is aluminium rod. It is quite heavy and solid.

Very keen to hear what you think. The last photo shows the saber next to my Graflex ANH and pseudo vader.
P1280085.jpg

P1280086.jpg

P1280087.jpg

P1280088.jpg

P1280089.jpg

P1280090.jpg

P1280091.jpg

P1280092.jpg

P1280094.jpg

Last edited:
Good job :thumbsup
Don´t know if all stunt sabers had it, but IMHO it´s currently missing the white switch for activating the blade-spin.
In addition to that, at least the ANH stunt saber featured a square wooden dowel with reflective tape instead of alu rod.

Nice to see the fugly sabers getting some love as well ;)
I built mine a few years ago, along with some other of the more "weird" saber incarnations :lol

Saber-curiosities1.jpg

Saber-curiosities2.jpg

Markus

Nice build ... the white switch has been reduced to this during ESB practise :

Luke-ObiSharedStunt00.jpg

-Chaim

P.S. impressive collection Markus

Nice build ... the white switch has been reduced to this during ESB practise :

Luke-ObiSharedStunt00.jpg

-Chaim

P.S. impressive collection Markus

Is it still a square rod in ESB, I guess not right since these were used during ANH only...right?

Hell..I can´t even remember why I made my stunt with the black front-end. Guess I had a reference-picture for that, but don´t remember it anymore. It su**s to be old :lol

Markus

^ Don't worry about old age it's all about the milage anyways :lol and the black painted front was indeed used when Vader holds the stunt so you were correct to add it. The square rod is replaced and is now round in ESB.

-Chaim

^ Don't worry about old age it's all about the milage anyways :lol and the black painted front was indeed used when Vader holds the stunt so you were correct to add it. The square rod is replaced and is now round in ESB.

-Chaim

Thanks for the encouraging words, it really su**s being 41.
My body is taking revenge from 20 years of misuse, making me feel like 70 from time to time :rolleyes

See? I had a reason for building my stunt saber the way I did :lol

Markus

LOVE this! What's you use on the inside to secure the rod? or cap the bottom off?

Really nice dremeling work on the top, for the "graflex" style bevel. I think this is an excellent build. (Nice collection Markus!)

LOVE this! What's you use on the inside to secure the rod? or cap the bottom off?

Really nice dremeling work on the top, for the "graflex" style bevel. I think this is an excellent build. (Nice collection Markus!)

Dremmeling courtesy of my nearly 20 year old Arlec supertool and about 4 cutting discs:wacko

Inside I used a brass tap tube (threaded rod made of brass used for fitting taps through walls etc) and the blade is held in with an allen screw hidden by the clamp. The base is the painstaking result of filing a flat piece of 2mm thick stainless exactly circular so it was a tight flush fit into the bottom, it is then glued with epoxy onto a flat surface precisely positioned in the base. I aslo hand cut the hole for the red button so it sat flush and even without damaging the button (so it can be removed if needed).

The balde, while not screen accurate (I didn't want to go the whole motor/square dowel route), was made so that it could be used or dueled with, I guarantee this will not break if used, the hilt is weighted and quite heavy.

I will soon be trying to sell my sabers, I don't have anywhere to display them and the building is the fun part for me (kept me sane during unemployment period).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back