Curly Howard Three Stooges sculpt

sandpapermisc

Planning on casting in silicone and punching the hair. Dont know how to do either of those things so it should be a "fun" learning experience.

This sculpt went through a few variations, one of which came out looking like sloth from the Goonies. Finally have it at a point where Im happy with all overall look with the exception of the forehead which needs to be pushed out more and some of the features need a little more exaggeration. No texturing has been done yet, as im still having trouble figuring out how to do that on water based clay. Havent gotten to the neck/chest but I will soon, also havent really detailed the eyelid area yet.

curlyhocopy_zps4954d910.jpg
curlyhowcopy_zps3578a4b3.jpg

The sculpt is base on this picture
5399287_f520.jpg

very cool. that expression is going to be super though to get nailed. good luck. so far it's looking nice.

Last edited:
I've made quite a few substantial changes to the sculpt, will get pictures of those tomorrow. My reason for bumping was to ask a question about the molding/casting process.

Im going to mold it in hyrdocal and cast it in either dragon skin/ecoflex 30/gel 10

Do I need a release agent and a sealer to spray on the hydrocal mold? I have Kryolan UV Resistant clear spray, should that work fine?

Thanks in advance for any answers

lol as i scrolled down and the head came up i was brought back to sunday mornings when nothing but church and stooges ruled the airwaves.. awesome!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back