Movie Poster Frames?

RJA

Gang,
I recently purchased all three back to the future movie posters (27" x 40"), I went to my local Michaels to see about getting them framed. I didn't want the cheap poster frames that tend to curve/bow when hung on the wall. To have frames made with plexiglass, they estimated that with a half off coupon, I would be looking about $1,000 to have all three movie posters framed. I think that is way to expensive for the quality of product that they offered.

My question is, anyone that has movie posters hanging in their prop room where did you purchase them from? I'm looking for some nice ones and would be willing to spend some money on quality products.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

RJA

For posters I use the cheap ones. They look good on the wall and I've never had a problem with bowing. Mine are kept in an area that doesn't see much sun so UV protection isn't a concern.

I save my framing money for more expensive items.

So they were trying to tell you three frames with plexi would cost $2k? I would get a second estimate from someone else, because that is absurd.

I've had good luck here and they were shipped quickly

Wholesale Poster Frames - Movie Poster Frame Supplier and Custom Picture Framing. - WholesalePosterFrames.com

27 x 40 with UV plexi and Acid free foamcoare comes in about $63 plus shipping.

Also bought from here... Basically the same place with same options and about the same price :)

Poster Frame Depot - Movie Poster Frames and Custom Picture Framing Supplier. - PosterFrameDepot.com

Think with shipping at either of them you could get 3 mid range decent looking frames right around $200

Last edited:
I'd suggest these guys. I've been using them for a while, cheap, good quality frames. No issues with warping or bowing, they're great. They offer good deals on shipping if your order is large enough, too.

Frame USA - Wood Picture Frames - Frame USA eCommerce

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems the largest custom size they offer is 36 inches. Still a good site for frames though.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back