WIP Dredd 2012 Vest

You can supply a drawing but then you get charged for art work. Nothing for nothing. Lol. Better to draw it in core or something first. Regarding cost... I couldn't really tell you... as I got other stuff done at the same time. They take up no room tho. Can be cut outta scrap..

Sent from my PadFone

That looks lovely Skeg! Out of interest, how did you get the dimensions for your shoulder padding? I've made mine but unsure if it's the right size or not. Looks about right once everything is on like.

Thanks mate. Honestly I just had to roll with what I had. Based them off the shoulder cast I bought. I don't think they are scale but they look fine enough for me.:cool:

Sent from my PadFone

I've got about 3 different costumes I'm planning on doing, Dredd being one of them. This is definitely a big help especially the ebay link

Just received my Steering wheel cover, as mentioned previously. I think this is bob on for the top of the collar. Can't say a bad word about it when it only cost me £1.99

Collarmaterial1_zps0557ef26.jpg

Collarmaterial2_zps9c8ce76a.jpg

H.

Just received my Steering wheel cover, as mentioned previously. I think this is bob on for the top of the collar. Can't say a bad word about it when it only cost me £1.99

Collarmaterial1_zps0557ef26.jpg

Collarmaterial2_zps9c8ce76a.jpg

H.

I think this should be on top of the collar. The material seems accurate but I'm just wondering if you have enough area to cut as top of the collar.... this is really interesting to follow... good find!!!! :thumbsup

i found this at work last night. it was some armoured cable, so i stripped off the plastic sheath and it is quite thin. i reckon with some gentle heating it could be flattened out and looks very much like the outer part of the collar.

atb
jay

dc1010_zps08abcb39.jpg

dc1011_zpsddca66c9.jpg

I think this should be on top of the collar. The material seems accurate but I'm just wondering if you have enough area to cut as top of the collar.... this is really interesting to follow... good find!!!! :thumbsup

It is roughly 41 inches long, so if it's designed to go around a steering wheel then it should be long enough for the top of the collar. That said, it'll be a while before I get around to making anything of it, but I could do with a pointers as to how to attach the collar to the vest. I don't think it's continuous, but rather attached at points on the 4 sides (if that makes sense?)

H.

i found this at work last night. it was some armoured cable, so i stripped off the plastic sheath and it is quite thin. i reckon with some gentle heating it could be flattened out and looks very much like the outer part of the collar.

atb
jay

Hmmm, yeah. Might do the trick. Let us know how you get on with it?

H.

You could make some stretch ribbed leather easy enough if you have a sewing machine.

I was thinking about casting one in rubber, as it doesn't actually require the 'stretch' function of the ribbing.

Just getting back to the thread.. an update on the weathering. Now I've got a whole lot of stitching to do..

Sent from my PadFone

Now I've got to sew all the armour plates down... but other then that... I'm done on the vest.

Sent from my PadFone

This is my first fullish suit up. Still got heaps to go, but thought I would share. Hope you enjoy. :cool: Please note... the shoulders clip off... lol. Sorry for the noob move peeps..

Sent from my PadFone

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back