Sucker Punch German soldier zombie

parkseiii

It wasn't too big a jump for a WW1/WW2 re-enactor to build a replica of the German soldier zombie featured in "Sucker Punch." The unique items were fashioned from vintage military surplus.

The mask was the most difficult because I had to work with a vintage 1942 rubberised mask: converting it from single- to double-hose, rebuilding the filter and taking out the eyepiece glass so that I could have proper ventilation, adding stitching to replicate the "sewn-together" look...all while dealing with the fragility of an antique. Even providing as much ventilation as I could, it was so hot inside that the first time I wore it, my sweat dissolved the stitching holding the headbands together.

I tried weathering the wool uniform by burying it in the back yard for a couple of weeks. Once I dug it up, though, the mud literally flaked off as it dried. No wonder wool was the preferred military uniform for centuries. I eventually weathered the tunic by sanding and ripping it. I used a drill for bullet holes but again, the wool resisted the fake blood and Sharpie that I used to try and accentuate the holes.

Originally, I planned to wear latex over all exposed areas to replicate zombie flesh. With the wool uniform and heavy equipment, though, I would have died in there had I worn latex, as well.

Parks

i cant believe you buried your uniform to get it weathered xD... I think you would need for it to stay under for much longer to take effect on a good material.

either way, i love your cosplay, especially because people dont choose to cosplay side characters/generic soldiers in general xD especially for suckerpunch, i've only seen the main characters cosplayed so far.

These are some pictures from my cosplay at the BeauMonde in Switzerland.
Welcome at BeaumMonde (4 van 15).jpg
12010522_990402107669332_6656767719307896963_o.jpg12015097_990402101002666_8245971325568075760_o.jpgWelcome at BeaumMonde (5 van 15).jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back