Blade Runner Blaster news: model kit version of the Tomenosuke Blaster is coming

Has anyone else had trouble with the rear screw on the butt plate? Pic attached for reference. I must have done something wrong somewhere but this screw is way too long. It's supposed to go through the outer frame and into the slot on the back of the bulldog frame but mine is all the way in and still has an 1/8 inch play so the butt plate just hangs loose. I'm afraid I grabbed the wrong screw earlier in the build but I don't see another one like this anywhere in the instructions. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372926427.241154.jpg
Thanks

Are you certain it's actually in the Bulldog frame slot, and not missing that and hitting the frame to one side? It's best to do this job without the grips attached.

yeah, I removed the grips and loosened the screws on the outer frame so that I would have some wiggle room to make sure the long screw is seating properly into the slot, which it is. But the plate still wiggles because the screw is too long. Any possibility you could measure that screw on yours to see if I just got the wrong one? Like I said, there isn't another one that's similar so I don't think I mixed it up with something else.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'll go take a look.

Right, it's an M2.5 L30, that means 2.5mm head, 30mm shaft. It's actually 32mm long counting the socket - looks to be the same as what you're using. Threaded half way, etc.

Are you really sure it's not fouling? I think it would almost have to be fouling on the Bulldog frame, even if it doesn't look like it. (And yes I did have that problem!)

Last edited:
Yup same here. I just watched it to make sure it wasn't stripping and cranked the ******* in. I had to try to bend or leverage the grip frame to give clearance.

Has anyone else had trouble with the rear screw on the butt plate? Pic attached for reference. I must have done something wrong somewhere but this screw is way too long. It's supposed to go through the outer frame and into the slot on the back of the bulldog frame but mine is all the way in and still has an 1/8 inch play so the butt plate just hangs loose. I'm afraid I grabbed the wrong screw earlier in the build but I don't see another one like this anywhere in the instructions. View attachment 204344
Thanks

Same thing happened to me, I just shortened the screw. Probably shouldn't have, but I didn't see any other option.

The problem is that the screw isn't threaded enough to go all the way in, not that it's too long. The unthread portion runs into the threads in the grip frame. My solution was to carefully drill out some of the threads so the bolt would go deep enough.

I don't think it is supposed to go in as far as the other bolt does. Look at pics of the real one. I did have to crank it to get it as far up as I did though.

I don't think it is supposed to go in as far as the other bolt does. Look at pics of the real one. I did have to crank it to get it as far up as I did though.

You are correct. I have the Tomenosuke Pro and the long screw doesn't go in as deep as the other one

I just finished polishing up the black paint and the grips. Also added a black washer to the receiver so the ejector handle doesn't flop around. Finally done!!

Oh so the front screw is used to tighten it down and the long one just keeps it from swiveling. That makes sense. I'll try to back it out a bit. I think I stripped it with the hex key. Hopefully I can get it out. If not on we'll. thanks guys.

One last question. What's this part?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372990580.854539.jpg
Is this just a substitute for the weaver knob? It's got the same post as the weaver. Didn't see it in the instructions anywhere and I don't remember seeing it on the prop before. Thanks for all your help guys. Can't wait to start bluing it tomorrow.

That's the original screw for the right side cover plate, as seen in the film. The Weaver knob was on the gun at Worldcon, presumably a substitute after the original was lost or damaged.

Use the Weaver knob if you want your gun to resemble the current state of the prop, or the slot screw if you want it to be SA.

Great idea! Can you take a pic of what you did? Or maybe a description? I need to fix the floppiness on mine as well.

Actually I got the idea from someone over at propsummit or a video on youtube. Basically you just cut a small washer and tape it to the backside of the "cap" that goes in the front of the receiver. This fills in the space between the end of the front cap and the eject rod.

Hopefully this helps explain it a bit.

Nice builds guys!

I have been to be busy and won't get to work on mine for awhile.

I did receive Dave's barrel today though.

It is beeeautiful.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back