Blade Runner Blaster news: model kit version of the Tomenosuke Blaster is coming

Okay, first of all thanks for the youtube video. I carefully watched the movement of the rear trigger and I just see, that my rear trigger not moves back again into the starting position......it must be a problem with the stronger thick spring. probably I have to open the spring a bit more. I will take a picture of here and will take some measurements before...

I've though about converting my Hartford into a .22 blank pistol. It already fires blanks but .22 is typically used in powder assisted nail guns and is readily available at hardware stores.

Okay, first of all thanks for the youtube video. I carefully watched the movement of the rear trigger and I just see, that my rear trigger not moves back again into the starting position......it must be a problem with the stronger thick spring. probably I have to open the spring a bit more. I will take a picture of here and will take some measurements before...

before you do that, make sure all the parts are fully in place and you have the right pins and that they're all the way through the frame. The pins should sit completely flush on both sides when they're in all the way. I'd suggest you just keep building, because the hammer and spring also is responsible for pushing everything back when you release the trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

THAT picture looks right. But your last picture in your original post looks like the spring is behind that part. Again, I don't know if that actually matters, I just noticed the difference.
Here
DSCF3095web.jpg

Okay, you are right with the pictures. I messed that up while trying to get good pictures to show you my problem. I tried both positions for the spring on the front trigger - doesn´t make a difference.

anyway, I opened the stronger spring just a bit more and tried again: Click - Click -Click -Click -Click -Click -Click -Click -Click !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don´t know, why mine had a smaller angle, but indeed that was the problem. thanks all for your kind help and pictures to understand the mechanism!

awesome. Once you get the hammer and hammer spring in place, it'll be solid. Also, I put a drop of gun lubricant in the trigger area to smooth it out.
Glad you got it working.

Trooper_trent,

Thanks for the eagle-eye on my "screw-up".:lol I have the dome screw and it's now in the proper spot on the cylinder cover. And the grip is now fully attached.

Ted.

The only reason I "eagle-eyed" it is that I did the EXACT SAME THING! I have no idea why, the instructions clearly state to use a button screw there, but when I saw you said you had a missing grip screw, I instantly thought you might have done the same thing I did.
:lol

Hi Stefan

I just spent about 3 hours on the exact same problem trigger not returning - your post just saved me extra work - thanks so much!

Phil

I had mine already built, so I did a kind of reverse build-up vid, which unsurprisingly wasn't terribly intelligible. :lol

I'm waiting on my Dave G metal barrel. Since it seems like there's still interest in a vid, I'll tear the gun down fully and start from scratch, unless anyone else is working on one.

Nwerke,

You are in for a real treat when the DaveG barrel arrives. This is an awesome kit but the steel barrel just puts it over the top.

With propsummit down for a while, has anyone heard any updates on the replacement grips that "Proper" was working on? I know he gets things done and expect they will be available. I'm just wondering about a time frame or if anyone has news.

On a side note, I was looking through the 'police upgrades' or the black grips, styer mag and butt plate and noticed that they included black led's to replace the green ones for anyone going this route. Team Tomenosuke really went the distance on this kit. So glad I picked one up.

Ted.

I'm a friend of Proper and the grip project is still a go but he's clearing the deck of other work and will be onto it soon. As he's not going to recast the original grips, making new grip master models from scratch will take a bit of time. :)

dr_slurpee,

Thanks for the update.

I should have stated in my last post that he and others were absolutely clear about this project being all original. It was absolutely made clear at propsummit that there would be no "recasting" but all new masters created. I'm mainly interested in the color being corrected but others had expressed interest in grip texture being cleaned up. And I understand that "Proper" works with resins and dyes frequently so getting a better color than came with the kit shouldn't be a problem for him.

These will be well worth the wait. I picked up a set of wood grips he offered for my Mal Sidkit. He had extras from the 47A run and they are incredible. I'm looking forward to spending even more money on this darn kit. :D

Ted.

Well, I just picked up the barrel from my postbox. Thanks Dave, it's awesome.

It was also opened and inspected by Customs, who kindly inserted a slip saying 'no items seized, this is all just dandy'. Baffling isn't it? A few years ago Customs seized somebody's Pulse Rifle in Queensland, despite Queensland being one of the states where replicas are legal. They're as arbitrary here as they are in the UK.

Nwerke,

Glad you received your barrel. It's a beauty and really adds something to the kit. Not an easy thing to do as it's an awesome kit.

As to the note in the box, see my signature line.

Ted.

Funny there is that over here in California I can order any REAL barrels, gun parts, etc, and ship stuff in the mail (as long as it's not the serialized bit, like an AR lower). Being an Aussie it's still unusual to get a full AR upper receiver mailed to you (but I am not complaining).

Anyway, taking us off topic, just glad people are getting their kits - I did the sharpie marker on mine to darken the grips and it looks great! Also put a cork washer in the front to get a tighter lockup on the bolt action, and bent the trigger spring a little to get a more consistent reset.

My hero blaster now sits right next to the functioning Logan's run DS blaser. Quite the combination.

Phil

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back