Blade Runner Blaster news: model kit version of the Tomenosuke Blaster is coming

Not to rub it in to those having difficulty getting their kits, but mine arrived in record time. I emailed Mune and paid Sunday evening (Monday morning in Japan), and it was shipped the same day. Post office tried to deliver it yesterday, but I missed it, so had to pick it up today. That's 5 days from ordering to having this lovely beast in hand.
As everyone here has shown, the kit is amazing. I will have a pleasant Friday evening of assembly. Not sure how many more are left, but well worth it, so if you are on the fence, act quickly.

That's very lucky considering one known kit is currently VERY tied up at UK customs... I hope it goes through.

Thanks, another week has now passed hopefully they will have now made up their mind as to whether the blaster can be turned into, or is going to be used as an offensive weapon. Got to say this has really been doing my head in!

Thanks, another week has now passed hopefully they will have now made up their mind as to whether the blaster can be turned into, or is going to be used as an offensive weapon. Got to say this has really been doing my head in!

Could you perhaps call them and tell them you're part of a group of movie memorabilia collectors and that you know for a fact several others in the UK were part of the same order that received them through customs with no issue? I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble, that has to be insanely frustrating, especially with the amount of money paid.

Could you perhaps call them and tell them you're part of a group of movie memorabilia collectors and that you know for a fact several others in the UK were part of the same order that received them through customs with no issue? I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble, that has to be insanely frustrating, especially with the amount of money paid.
Yes I have already done that. I managed to talk to someone at border control the other day, they said they needed to check for themselves if it falls into the bracket of being an airsoft/offensive weapon - yet still others are getting theirs????
I hate to think how it's going to be if it does reach me, assuming it probably has been opened.

Yes I have already done that. I managed to talk to someone at border control the other day, they said they needed to check for themselves if it falls into the bracket of being an airsoft/offensive weapon - yet still others are getting theirs????
I hate to think how it's going to be if it does reach me, assuming it probably has been opened.

Was really hoping there'd be some better news regarding your dilemma, Marv. Hopefully once Customs have stopped pratting around, they'll see sense and let the blaster through.

This situation really highlights what a mockery the whole border system is. I can understand what these look like to the unfamiliar eye and on an x-ray machine, and I don't have a problem with that. My gripe is that they should either all get through customs or none of them should get through customs- they don't seem to have a system that works on any sort of logic or consistancy.

Keep us updated- there's still time for this to go the right way!

they needed to check for themselves if it falls into the bracket of being an airsoft/offensive weapon

That's one stupidly offensive response. How long do they need? Idiots. I'd be furious. You probably got some summer worker or total moron looking it over, trying to play "authority figure". I'm crossing my fingers that they see sense and send it along.

Got the letter through. Its been Seized. I've got to now go through a Magistrates to get it, from it reads - civil proceedings so may need legal representation!

I'd say you better start getting some documentation from other members in the UK who got theirs, and multiple pictures from the site showing the PLASTIC barrel with the metal bar going through the entire thing, the soft metal it's made of, the washer on the cylinder, and other things that prove that this cannot made to be a functional firearm. Best of luck man.

I'd say you better start getting some documentation from other members in the UK who got theirs, and multiple pictures from the site showing the PLASTIC barrel with the metal bar going through the entire thing, the soft metal it's made of, the washer on the cylinder, and other things that prove that this cannot made to be a functional firearm. Best of luck man.
Thanks I have started to draft something to send via mail.
The letter I received is really confusing it says the item is liable for forfeiture, on the grounds:
1. that they were imported contrary to the prohibitation/restriction in force?
2. Found with prohibited/restricted goods
3. Not described accurately by the sender on the written documentation. On this point I had asked Mune to state it was a model kit which is the same as Assembly Kit is it not -perhaps it this that has caused this issue?

What did it say for anyone else?
Would some one be able to post some pictures of the washer part please.

I cant really add much to your cause Marv, but uck me there realy aint much that gets my blood as boiling as a man an his dumb funk ass government cronies not really knowing what misery causing uck as pain sick storm ****. Not much help i know... but still.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

I received an email saying they were unsure how it would be to import to the UK, but as its a kit, and importantly cannot be made to fire - there shouldn't be any issues.
How I'm eating my own words now :(
Any one got pics please

Now I feel really bad for gloating that I got my kit so quickly and easily. What pics are you looking for Marv? Happy to help if I can. I did a test assembly, but it's all apart for now, so I can definitely show its kit form and any individual parts, such as the barrel, that might be useful.

If possible the washer on the cylinder as Trooper_trent mentioned. Are parts like the ejection port (if that's its name) a solid state part? Does the lever part on the top move etc - sorry but I am not very familiar with the names of the gun parts Any pictures that would support this really.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant really add much to your cause Marv, but uck me there realy aint much that gets my blood as boiling as a man an his dumb funk ass government cronies not really knowing what misery causing uck as pain sick storm ****. Not much help i know... but still.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
Thanks, its also nice to see someone else on the boards not to far from my location (Exeter).

They really have their heads up their arses over there. It is a PLASTIC gun!!!!!!!!!!!

tomen1.jpg

tomen2.jpg

tomen3.jpg

I'll check when I get home tonight. I imagine he wrote the same thing on all of them. This is really bad, sorry to hear it happened. Where are you based in the UK? I think the best thing to do when ordering these things is to bring as little attention to it as possible until you read it has been seized in the tracking. I should think seeing as they let everyone else's kits through they have no reason to keeps yours.

If possible the washer on the cylinder as Trooper_trent mentioned. Are parts like the ejection port (if that's its name) a solid state part? Does the lever part on the top move etc - sorry but I am not very familiar with the names of the gun parts Any pictures that would support this really.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, its also nice to see someone else on the boards not to far from my location (Exeter).

Ah, so the fun police are from Exeter, sounds about right. Good luck with getting it back!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back