Star Trek Continues

I would love to see Star Trek Continues get picked up for TV airing. The first episode with Apollo was like picking up where it left off in the 60's. Everyone has done a first rate job on it. Kudos to the whole cast and crew that make this effort shine!

I would love to see Star Trek Continues get picked up for TV airing. The first episode with Apollo was like picking up where it left off in the 60's. Everyone has done a first rate job on it. Kudos to the whole cast and crew that make this effort shine!

Their first episode was top notch. I hope it wasn't a fluke and they can continue with the same high quality.

I would also advise them to concentrate on finishing and releasing episodes on a regular basis and not piling up a crap load of semi-finished episodes that are prominently advertized on the web site but never seem to get done. Honestly it's a total put off to be told an episode is in post production and it may be released at some point in the near future...maybe if we get around to it. I realize these shows are not exactly on a fixed schedule but after awhile fans and causal viewers just lose interest.

My OPINION based on my experience is this: though paramount has the full legal authority to shut down any fan production, for any reason they see fit, they can also choose not to. So who knows.

That could be. I only know of one fan production that got the evil C&D letter. Thankfully it wasn't us though we weren't the only project holding our breath through the whole thing. We had to come up with a whole behind the scenes thing to show at comic con one year because people pay for admission so during our panel we couldn't show any of the episode because people pay for admission.

It's a fine, fine line and we're constantly waiting for someone or something to cross a line where they want to crack down on the entire community. Stuff like this just kinda bothers me since we all KNOW it's against the rules. It's like trying to have great production quality; you know better than to do something that they can say rivals the quality of an actual televised series.

This story actually made me feel like I was watching an episode of the Original Series!

Christopher Doohan was chanelling his Father in this; his line "Lolani says you're a monster." was PERFECTLY delivered! I thought I was hearing James Doohan for a second!

Really impressed with this! I've had my reservations about the project, and all were laid to rest with this episode!

Kevin

Vic does such an EXCELLENT job as Kirk, as well as the entire cast that I forget this is a fan series. It feels like I'm watching the never seen series four of the original show. It is amazing that JJ Trek has such a huge budget, and this blows it away. This is Trek with heart!

No other Trek fan series has captured the spirit of Trek like this one has.

Well done all.....

Yeah, I have been critical of most of these and although I enjoyed the first episode they did, I felt Vic was trying to hard to channel Shatner and it was distracting. But he has dialed it down and everyone else is upping their game. Well done!

Good topic with relevance today, my own city had a recent raid on gangs that were trafficking in girls since their
usual drugs were getting harder to get.
Orion slave girls are yeah, actually slaves and Trek writers have never really
taken on that topic. It was always just a tool to show the exoticism of alien cultures, wink wink kind of thing for
male fantasy. Well this was a look closer into that and how it would be horrible.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back