Star Trek Continues

"Still Treads The Shadow", was a nice comeback episode for STC. After the subpar "Embracing The Winds" episode, I was afraid the show had lost its mojo. But it hasn't. This new episode had a better story, and much better editing and acting than the last one.

I would rank the episodes this way:

1) Pilgrim of Eternity (Absolutely amazing! The closest they've come to a real TOS episode. Stunningly close. An episode to be worshipped.)
2) Fairest of Them All (Brilliant! Favorite line? Kirk to Uhura, "Good girl.". Chilling.)
3) Lolani (Loved it! An Orion Slave girl and Big Lou...how can you go wrong?!)
4) The White Iris (A little slow at times, but a powerful payoff at the end, which enhances the episode upon reflection, and repeat viewings.)
5) Divided We Stand (Supremely done. A step below The White Iris, only because there's so little Enterprise in it.)
6) Still Treads The Shadow (A tour de force by Vic in his dual role. Sharma does an excellent job--in spite of her voice/style of speaking being conspicuously modern. Story sags a bit in the middle, but starts and finishes strong.)
7) Come Not Between The Dragons (This episode suffers because Kirk takes a back seat to Gigi Edgly's character. Kirk needs to be the star of every episode. But the story was good and the creature fabrication was stellar.)
8) Embracing The Winds (Suffers from thin story, slow pace, and loose editing. I didn't care for the performances Gray or Kramer, but the writing and editing could've been partly responsible for that.)

I love this series! I wish we could get 24 episodes of it!! Heck, make that 79! But, I'll eagerly await the final three.

The Wook

Last edited:
Tread,

When you say, "the remaining episodes", how many episodes we talkin' about here? And are one or more of them currently in production or post?

The Wook

Since Vic has said so in podcasts since this question:

There will be a total of 11 episodes. The final 3 release this year. The finale is a two-parter, and ties in with TMP. They are all in post.

Episode 9 premieres last weekend of July, Episode 10 around Sept 21, and 11 on October 6.

Since Vic has said so in podcasts since this question:

There will be a total of 11 episodes. The final 3 release this year. The finale is a two-parter, and ties in with TMP. They are all in post.

Episode 9 premieres last weekend of July, Episode 10 around Sept 21, and 11 on October 6.

Wow, THREE more?! I was not expecting that, given they didn't do any new crowdfunding for them. I wonder if that means they had a much tighter budget to make them? Hopefully they got some private funding, and there's no noticeable dropoff in production quality.

But very cool, this is great to hear, Treadwell...thanks for the update! Lookin' forward to them!!

The Wook

Last edited by a moderator:
The last crowdfunding campaign early last year was enough to fund four more episodes. The fanfilm bruhaha dampened contributions, but he bulk of the yield was from a couple of very generous sources. Then the guidelines came out, making another fundraiser verboten. So 11 instead of 13.

Fun fact: episode 9 was the last one shot. Wanted to get the finale in the can in case something happened to halt production.

The last crowdfunding campaign early last year was enough to fund four more episodes. The fanfilm bruhaha dampened contributions, but he bulk of the yield was from a couple of very generous sources. Then the guidelines came out, making another fundraiser verboten. So 11 instead of 13.

Fun fact: episode 9 was the last one shot. Wanted to get the finale in the can in case something happened to halt production.

Glad to hear, because they fell way short of their goal. IIRC, they wanted $350k, and due to the Guidelines being issued, they peetered out at less than $150k. At least that's what I recall seeing on the site. Maybe the big private donations came in later, and either never appeared on the crowdfunding page, or appeared after I stopped checking in. Regardless, glad to hear they got enough to do these last few the right way!

That's a cool fun fact. The finale is the 2-parter, correct? And will each part be an hour, then, making Episode 11 two hours long?!

The Wook

finale is episodes 10 and 11, normal length for each.

The private donations were direct, not through indiegogo.

Caught it earlier today, not my favorite episode but well done technically like the others. The start was a bit slow for me and I thought the message was a bit muddled at the end.

CBS is allowing them to finish and post whatever they already had shot.

So they can release them, just can't make any more new ones.

I think there is only 1 or 2 left to finish.

I feel like once the last 2 episodes air Star Trek will be done. Star Trek New Voyages/Phase 2, Exeter, Continues and Farragut to me kept Star Trek alive, once there gone it will be done. We the older fans, I'll be 50 in November, don't really matter to Paramount or CBS. I have two kids, one over 18 and one almost there, they don't like the newer Trek and none of there friends do either and they are huge SciFi and Fantasy fans.
if the older generation doesn't like new trek and the younger generation doesn't like new Trek, who are they making it for then?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back