Dredd 3d Rifle/Shotgun aka "Widowmaker"

Dakarn

With all of the Lawgiver builds going on it inspired me to look into the rifle that was used by one of the other judges for a possible build.

Attached a screen cap of it - I'm terrible at IDing firearms so any help would be appreciated. Btw, awesome prop oriented screen cap thread here: http://www.therpf.com/f9/dredd-2012-screen-caps-173270/ which is where I obtained this cap from.

Last edited:
Re: Dredd 3d Rifle

Watching the blue ray it looked like an ak47 ris system. Now seeing this pic its hard to tell. Im no gun expert but i would expect the handle would be the tell.

Definitely a semi-auto shotgun, but that safety button in front of the trigger guard is the thing. Spas has a lever here and can't find a remington. Some berettas do?

Trigger guard looks like Spas 12,

1045617-fa_sg_spas12_1.jpg

they released this a while back. im not 100% sure on the model of the gun, but its got the base model pictured, so you more informed guys might be able to pick it out.

original.png

they released this a while back. im not 100% sure on the model of the gun, but its got the base model pictured, so you more informed guys might be able to pick it out.

original.png

So it is a Spas 12!

Thanks for the photo reference, now to see if I can match this up with blu-ray stills of both sides.

Re: Dredd 3d Rifle/Shotgun

Still not convinced it's a spas. That 'design' is quote as not used, that obviously doesn't mean that they didn't use the spac, but the trigger guard is the wrong angle. The spas is more pointed and the trigger is different. There is also the question of what the button is. The spas has a lever here. 1 hour and 10 minutes into the film have a look.

looks liek this guy inside a shell:

moss_50588.jpg

Mossberg 500 PERSUADER 12g 20" Pump, Pistol Grip

errr.....Wrong number in Head, I meant THIS GUY:

standard.jpg

575910_03_mossberg_930_special_purpose_s_640.jpg

Mossberg 930 semi auto

Last edited:

here's an interesting spring airsoft that might be a good base to build up from:

SDSM47A4.jpg

TSD M47B Spring Action Shotgun Pistol Grip

here's an interesting spring airsoft that might be a good base to build up from:

SDSM47A4.jpg

TSD M47B Spring Action Shotgun Pistol Grip

I like it!

I think they "borrowed" the Spaz 12s styling for the shell over the Mossberg frame. Looks like a 3d print shell over a similar frame would work well.

I know almost nothing about firearms, but it looks a lot (to my untrained eye) like a mossberg maverick, 12Ga, with a spas 12 cage and pump. The mag, and other assorted parts look custom.

Yeah, as has been mentioned that piece of concept art is pretty clearly based on a Spas 12, and also pretty clearly different than what they ended up using in the movie.
Too bad. I thought the concept art shotgun had a nice look to it - clearly giving a nod to the comic book Lawgiver. I bet it was drawn much earlier in production, before the movie Lawgiver also went pretty far away from the comic version.

that is a spas 12 based concept without doubt, but i reckon the screen used one is based on a Benelli M4 Super 90

That looks pretty close, none of them have the safe on the front of the trigger guard like the screen cap, I wonder if its a greeblie?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back