New 52 Aquaman Cosplay WIP

That looks amazing! How are you planning the sleeves? If I didn't have someone knit mine, I was planning on doing something that I could tie underneath so it wouldn't be so hard to put on and off. Take a look at these!

Boot Blousers-Hook Style - Black

I had some success using these to make mine more form fitting and also to get in and out of because they hook and are elastic

I'm going to attach more scales the normal way to the arm holes and extend it to at least the elbow. I'll have to do some experimenting after that.

And thanks for the link, I'll check those out.

Time for an update!

I started doing more work on the scales to try and cover up the side on the torso. I did a test fit with the tights and belt to see exactly where I might need to take away a little. Turn out that it kind of drapes on the side a little.

I think the best approach right now would be to use some kind of strap or something and treat the sides kind of like a corset. That way it won't move around too much. It's a bit frustrating to work with my body a bit. Working out is a blessing and a curse depending on the situation.

I'm having some trouble refining the greaves so I ordered some Instamorph plastic pellets. I'm hoping that they will be able to cover, bulk and refine the greaves before I prime them for paint.

I really can't wait for the sleeves to come in to add to this!

I finished mine just in time for Megacon. I wasn't too happy with the way the armpits came out, so I might disassemble the sleeves and try doing them again. And I'll try to get tights with a more appropriate shade of green. I also don't like the lighting in this pic, it makes the scales look too gold instead of orange. I'll try to find more pics of myself in the coming week.
megacon2013b.gif

Hi Randomality, can I just ask what size scales did you use, medium or large? Im putting a scalemaille aquaman cosplay together for MCM in London and I've seen that you have already beat me to it :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back