Dredd 3D costume project.

Quake II

As I start getting pieces for my Dredd costume I figured I would post some pics along the way for reference. My costume will be about 90% film accurate with a few Carlos Ezquerra touches thrown in for fun. I am trying to use as many "real world" heavy duty items as I can because I want this costume to be as durable as a real police uniform. This project needs to be finished by May 2013 for Phoenix ComicCon so I'm moving quickly.

Updated: Still need armor/pads/holster and I'm waiting on the leathernext replica gloves. I'm also saving up for the leathernext Dredd jacket since the one I'm using is way too thick/bulky and hangs too low.

For anyone on a budget, the Xelement brand leather pants were $99 with free shipping from leatherup.com and they are VERY similiar to the movie pants (order at least one size up and remove the knee armor as they run small). The Xelement boots were also $99 from leatherup and shipped for free.

Last edited:
When you say Ezquerra touches?... I am curious as that is such a difficult style to translate into the real world:confused
Basically a few of the classic simpler designs from back when Dredd was more of a motorcycle cop in the original comics. I'm looking through Brian Bolland and Carlos Ezquerra art for reference as well as watching the new movie nightly. It's mostly film inspired so far though.

Nice, I'm also hitting PHXCC 2013! My kit won't be ready until SDCC, unfortunately. :(
Don't feel too bad, the Dredd costume would probably have proven to be too hot for Phoenix in May. 112 degree heat + motorcycle leathers/armor = madness. :wacko

Last edited:
rising this thread from it´s grave i just wanted to thank you for letting me know what the leather pants distributor where. I now know where to buy them and I will in about 15 days. I also found the jacket for My particular take on Dredd.

Is there any thread with pics of your finished version?

cheers!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back