Heath Ledger Joker...another one but a real good one

I'm a big supporter of 3-d files. and man I love the whole zbrush thing. I go on there just to drool. but...
having said that, I can see one down side to it.
what if, and until software can calculate a person's facial change, you wanted to add some life to it. a smirk, a grin. an ear to ear grin?... then you are definately back to old school stuff. staring at pics, trying to visualize the person grining, but from angles that you now have to be able to visualize in your head... i.e. if all of us rely on 3-d files too much, will we cease to hone a mental skill involving the old school way of sculpting from one pic, and having to visualize that persons expression from all the other angles?
I can attest that when you do Heath with an evil smirk, all that you thought you knew about his face goes right out the window. It's almost like sculpting someone entirely different.

Last edited:
Bob this is not a Zbrush it is a scan of Heaths face with the prosthetics applied, not a scratch made model of any kind.
Really has absolutely nothing to do with Zbrush or re modeling his face in 3D. This is about making the most accurate Ledger joker that can be made, this is it no question it simply wont get any better than this.

I'm a big supporter of 3-d files. and man I love the whole zbrush thing. I go on there just to drool. but...
having said that, I can see one down side to it.
what if, and until software can calculate a person's facial change, you wanted to add some life to it. a smirk, a grin. an ear to ear grin?... then you are definately back to old school stuff. staring at pics, trying to visualize the person grining, but from angles that you now have to be able to visualize in your head... i.e. if all of us rely on 3-d files too much, will we cease to hone a mental skill involving the old school way of sculpting from one pic, and having to visualize that persons expression from all the other angles?
I can attest that when you do Heath with an evil smirk, all that you thought you knew about his face goes right out the window. It's almost like sculpting someone entirely different.

@fin, yes it is the best, no doubt. just a commentary on the notion that if we rely only on automation, will we be led by it? But I'm sure technology will get to a point where it will all come down to the computer. yes, I know this did not come from zbrush, but some zbrush stuff I have seen is so good it's mind-boggling. If I had zbrush renderings of all the busts I have ever done, the sculpts would have been SO much more accurate. assuming of course that the rendering was accurate. but wow, you can take a bust rotate it, light it the same way from every angle, with the same expression. makes me not want to do a sculpture unless I have a zbrush rendering. with refs so clean and lit, I swear I could knock stuff out soo fast.....
here, I have to post this link...
http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/gallery/2012/8/
what a way to sculpt. nice clean even light same facial expression from front, left/right side. even better when they take the color out.

Last edited:
This was a commissioned project for Kev, not a potential run for fettster. Whether or not a run happens is up to Kev

What bugs me about this whole project is that fetster suddenly made his joker busts available in the junkyard, knowing full well he had this on the go. Given the choice, who wouldn't buy this new version based on a life cast. Nothing more accurate. Now I am stuck with an expensive bust that, although nice, nothing close to this life casted version.
I find that a pretty brutal move in fetsters part.

I should have known better, since he usually doesn't sell his stuff. I begged for a version of his fantastic Daniel Craig.

:unsure You make too many assumptions. This is my project and as such it is not Rich's duty to make the RPF aware of it. I actually asked him to keep it under his hat until I was ready to show it off. Believe it or not he has little to nothing to gain from this project. He's a good friend who did this as a practically selfless act. Also, even after you explicitly asked here, I have made no indication that these will be hitting the Junkyard. Will likely only be shared with close friends and preferred clients.

Very nice piece and cool approach.

As for the members questioning if there will be a run of this.... Do you think the rest of us are idiots? Coofunkurly .... All you do is runs, so don't act like all of the sudden you are some holier than thou artist doing this for a private collection.

Anyway, not going to beat this to death. You guys are free to do what you wish. Just stop acting like you are not going to do runs and that fester somehow had no idea what he was doing.
Seriously, what the heck is your entitlement problem? Neither Fettster nor coofunkcurly owes you anything.

Your hissy fit is immature and childish.

This is a commission - so not on Fettster to announce, unless the one commissioning it is cool with it. Whether a run is made is completely up to coofunkcurly - regardless of whether he's known for doing many runs. Not because you want it and behave like a spoiled brat.

The fact that you somehow feel they owe you anything is pretty absurd.

I for one am happy to have Fettster's Joker cast. It's freakin awesome. I was thrilled when he offered up those casts. I only hope that Kevin does the same. The possibility to own 2 pieces of "Art" done by Rich is privilege to me. Thanks to Fettster.

Reel

I find the complaint a bit confusing as they aren't even the same item and they aren't being offered by the same person. I actually commissioned Rich to do the smiling Joker as a complete alternative to what was out there and I think it still holds its place as a really unique piece. When I saw them being offered in the Junkyard, I thought it was an amazing opportunity for someone to get one. That being said, this piece looks off the charts as well, and if given the opportunity, I would grab one of these as well in a heartbeat.

I find the complaint a bit confusing as they aren't even the same item and they aren't being offered by the same person. I actually commissioned Rich to do the smiling Joker as a complete alternative to what was out there and I think it still holds its place as a really unique piece. When I saw them being offered in the Junkyard, I thought it was an amazing opportunity for someone to get one. That being said, this piece looks off the charts as well, and if given the opportunity, I would grab one of these as well in a heartbeat.

Exactly!!!!

Reel

I was one of the extremely lucky five to get a smiling Joker, and I just do not understand Pattym's critical comments. I would have 10 different versions of the character if I could.
If this new version comes available then it will be fantastic because it is simply awesome. but to go and publicly criticise Rich for this project and his previous, just stinks.

Pattym you need to chill and think before you make your views public....do you really think that this rant will help you out if you wish to be included on future runs ????.....foolish !

:rolleyes I got the point and you are way out of line. I most certainly do my fair share of runs in the JY. But the number of items I offer I can count on one hand. There are even more items that I have access to or molds of that I do not offer publicly in the JY due to their rarity or special nature. Whether or not this bust ends up in that category is not something I need to explain to you. But I think it is now safe to say that you should never contact me for one.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back