QMX TNG comm badge pre-order

:lol I hear ya! :lol

I would be banned for sharing some of my Con storys in the early 90's roaming around the ballrooms late at night in my green wrap-around and Saurian brandy bottle

Oh the convention stories I could tell of the time I went as a Cardassian! :lol

I think I have to get one of these! This prop has always had a soft spot in my heart for very sentimental reasons (see story below).

Side note for the super-fans: back when the show started airing, my Uncle gave me an over-sized completely silver version of the comm badge in the form of a pin. He worked for a local Fox affiliate (WSYT in Syracuse, NY, to be exact), and at the time he told me that the silver pins were sent from Paramount to all of the affiliates carrying the show as a "thank you" for their support. I wore it on my school back pack until it was stolen on the bus. :(

I have never been able to substantiate the story/origin of the pin, but it was really pretty. It was probably 120% the size of the original and made of solid metal. The oval backer lacked the lip of the authentic prop, and was also entirely silver. Not to derail this thread too much, but has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Getting back to the comm-badge I had a small pocket glued on the reverse side of my Next-Gen top.

In it was a magnetized soundboard that had different chips with different characters voices on them, Picard, Riker, Worf, that would run timed dialog with you when you pressed the comm badge.

Very few were sold and boy you should have seen Frakes face when we showed him his and told him we were being lincensed.

"Hey that's me! Does my Agent know about this?" :lol

Yep I saw a few back in the day

the Mount sent a few cool things to the affiliates

I think I have to get one of these! This prop has always had a soft spot in my heart for very sentimental reasons (see story below).

Side note for the super-fans: back when the show started airing, my Uncle gave me an over-sized completely silver version of the comm badge in the form of a pin. He worked for a local Fox affiliate (WSYT in Syracuse, NY, to be exact), and at the time he told me that the silver pins were sent from Paramount to all of the affiliates carrying the show as a "thank you" for their support. I wore it on my school back pack until it was stolen on the bus. :(

I have never been able to substantiate the story/origin of the pin, but it was really pretty. It was probably 120% the size of the original and made of solid metal. The oval backer lacked the lip of the authentic prop, and was also entirely silver. Not to derail this thread too much, but has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Getting back to the comm-badge I had a small pocket glued on the reverse side of my Next-Gen top.

In it was a magnetized soundboard that had different chips with different characters voices on them, Picard, Riker, Worf, that would run timed dialog with you when you pressed the comm badge.

Want! :love

Yep, this is a must have for me as well. I still have a licensed all metal one they sold back in '88. Considering its age it still looks good. It was the one intended for use with the sound board which sold separately. I really wish I had gotten the sound board then. Finding one now is gonna be tough. It's funny I just bought a resin one off of Roddenberry.com a day before I saw new QMX ones.

Awesome badge at an awesome price. I'm definitely getting one of these. For the past several years, my text message alert has been the communicator chirp. It's the only sound I could never get sick of hearing repeatedly!

There are more accurate replicas on e-bay which likely at some point were molded from an original.

If you hold an official license to a TV/Movie series you should in my opinion stay true to the original piece you are producing a replica of. The paint scheme should be dulled back to reflect the actual comm badges.

Sorry QMx no sale here.

There are more accurate replicas on e-bay which likely at some point were molded from an original.

Which I already have and just proves that there is already a saturated market.

If you hold an official license to a TV/Movie series you should in my opinion stay true to the original piece you are producing a replica of. The paint scheme should be dulled back to reflect the actual comm badges.

Easily modified, which I'll be doing.

But the shiny will look good in person. And let's face it, had it not been for the glare of studio lights, the prop would have been shiny.

To me, this is an idealized version of how it would have actually looked in the Trek world.

I've got a screen accurate Roddenberry cast and the super shiny vac-plated experience version, and I think I'll be picking up one of these as well. Not sure if I'll wear this one or the original for my Data costume, though.

I'll be picking this one up as well...it'd be ideal since I wear rank pips and a commbadge to work (Pharmacy Technician). I get a lot of compliments too :D

Sorry QMx no sale here.

Agreed should stayed close to the original paint work.

But the shiny will look good in person. And let's face it, had it not been for the glare of studio lights, the prop would have been shiny.

To me, this is an idealized version of how it would have actually looked in the Trek world.

naaaaaaaahhhh *shakehead* not shiny… dull is still nice

Got the email from QMx last night... the ST:TNG Communicator Badges are NOW IN-STOCK! If you place an order with QMx right now, it should ship to you this week. If you pre-ordered from other dealers, they should be receiving them from QMx soon-ish. :thumbsup;)

Just ordered 2 for myself, now to see how they look when they get here and compare them to previous replicas. :cool

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back