Snowspeeder Filming Replica with Working Air Brakes

And the worst part of it all is that I am going to tire looking for the thing and either scratch my own or settle for a part that is close enough and then after all is said and done the proper part will turn up.

Bud that is ALWAYS the way....i remember being the first to build the PD pods, and over time, a few finds were made, when i absolutely thought they would forever be a mystery lol.......but naturally, i had to swap out my incorrect ones.

lee

Hmm. I didn't notice that notch earlier, so maybe not the tube cap. If it was it would have to be a two part/mod that would still leave you looking for what is likely a kit part.

Just fyi, page 35 of the vol 9 catalog.

tubcap_zpsc3697de4.jpg

pc6_zpsc88f03f7.jpg

Hey Dave, how's it going? I knew you would have something. That looks pretty good. I honestly don't believe it's the part but it is pretty close though it does require another circular part over top. I have a Bandai Panther G which shares several trees with the Jagdpanther but it is in storage. Before I go grab it could you just tell me the approximate diameter of the part.
Thanks buddy.

Last edited:
Yeah I deff don't think it's the correct part,the original seems to be hollow underneath & the cutout seem to go higher on the top.I don't have a micrometer,so this is the best I can do.Will keep an eye out for the part.

View attachment 145617

Dave

Thanks again for the effort Dave. As I thought it's slightly over sized and you are right, it should be hollow and slightly fit over the center of the halftrack bogey. It's driving me crazy because I am convinced that I have personally handled this part and disregarded it because I was not looking for it at the time.
Helio

OK guys, here's another ID. This one is a hard one as the picture of the part is not very good but it is the best I have of this area. I am about to hurt myself looking for this part, I haven't come close to finding anything that looks remotely close. I'm hoping someone here may recognize it, I am pretty sure that it isn't Tamiya armor though.

Helio

Helio, I spent a little time looking earlier this evening. The first time I saw your post I wanted to say kettenkrad (even though I knew that was wrong - it was). I also checked the Entex - negative. I haven't gone through the F1s, yet. Is it possible that it's two pieces?

For size comparison - those are 8Rad parts to the rear, right? The triangular guys with straps/buckles. The highlighted mystery part does look like it could be two of the same thing, side by side. It's an interesting part for sure. Pedals?

Hey Allan good to hear from you, it is possible that it is 2 parts, at this point anything is possible. The reality is that this is the best pic I have of this mystery part and it doesn't really show much. I was hoping that someone would recognize a specific detail of the part(s) and know where it came from but so far nothing. I've checked all the F1 kits and if it is in there it's not obvious, could be modifications to a part(s). BTW I should make it to the P.O. tomorrow, hopefully you will have the parts next week. Have you gotten any work done on your speeder?
Jason thanks for the help, pedals actually sounds reasonable, I just haven't seen any that looks like that yet? Also the cylindrical parts in the back, I don't know what they are. The 8 rad parts do look close except for the fact that the parts on the model have a taper to them and the parts in the 8 rad don't, they do look close though. As for the size, these parts are should be quite large, approx. 1/2" high.
Thanks again guys,
Helio

Hey Jason, I've rethought my position on the cylinders and I believe You are right on and those are the cylinders from the 8 Rad. Thanks man, I think it's the camera distortion throwing me off there.
Thanks again buddy.
Helio

Thumbnails may be saved in history or cache of search engines or some server, even though the link to them may be dead. Keep in mind the thread was stared nearly 5 years ago. Also, millions of images that were on Photobucket, are inaccessible (unless you have a patch to your browser, and PB keeps changing the code so that patches have to be constantly updated), however, the thumbnails may still be viewable.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back