Star Trek 2009 USS Enterprise model kit coming from Revell Germany

AND based on the promos for the new movie they are gonna destroy her, or so it seems. Maybe they are going to redseign her? Hopefully!

One can only hope, lol. Problem is what do they for an A version...................?

Just our luck, the only thing to survive will be the warp engins, the rest of the ship will be built around it and called the Enterprise A, as in Alternate universe!

But I really want this model. I actually like the design, and since I have no room for the new 1/350 TOS enterprise :cry I have to build SOMETHING!

I am determined to make it pretty!

Last edited:
I highly doubt it'll be completely destroyed. My bet is on heavily damaged resulting in a refit. Their response to the generally poor reaction to this version of the Enterprise. It'll probably get a few cosmetic touch-ups one of which will be the nacelles.

Still though, for the completist this is a must have kit!

Well without spoiling much from the prequel comics and the few leaks there has been, there's a chance we might see an earlier Enterprise in that universe. That might be closer to the TOS one.

Not cool! Now you HAVE to spoil! :lol
Well it's not a that major a spoiler but those wanting to avoid them all look away.

In the comic and from stuff leaked from a press preview mentioned Robert April and his Enterprise.
In the old continuity the TOS Enterprise was built in the 2240's and April was the first captain. But the JJ Enterprise was built in 2255 and Pike was the captain.
Making the tenuous assumption that they are sticking to the timeline, the JJ Enterprise is the second one in that universe.
So if they show the eariler one chances are good it will be a lot closer to the TOS one.

At least that's my theory.

So if they show the eariler one chances are good it will be a lot closer to the TOS one.

You mean like this?

stid-t3-16-z.jpg

I am fond of the D, if no other reason was that it held the crew and brought Star Trek back on the air after a 21 year hiatus!

The only thing that ever niggled at me was the warp engines. They bothered me being below the saucer section and looked too small to push the ship.

I like the ship and if it is around the size of the 22" Enterprise or bigger I will get at least 2!!

I keep seeing pics of a new Reliant, is it in the new movie?

Kenny

Say what now? :confused
I'm sorry, did I stutter? :D

Seriously, my comment was a follow-up to a couple of previous posts, but it still stands for itself (though I'm willing to admit my use of the term "fugliest" might have been a wee bit of an overstatement). To me there's a lack of aesthetic balance between the oversized primary hull and the stubby warp engines. This is only my opinion, nothing more, and I am in no way attempting to convince anyone that my tastes are superior to theirs or that they should dislike the design as I do. A lot of fans like the design, and I can understand why, but I'm not one of them; simple as that.

Strangely, I do like the Nebula Class starships from the TNG era, which are essentially a reconfigured version of the Galaxy Class ships (except, of course, for the weapons pod suspended above and aft of the primary hull). But even though I like that design, I don't think it's suitable for the flagship of the fleet.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back