2013 Toronto Prop Party

Caveneau

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Last minute stuff
-June11/13

-All exhibitors have now been allocated their tables.

-If any one has any questions at all....I mean any questions at all....I mean....any...questions...at all.
Just shoot me, John or Mike a PM.....ASAP.

Exhibitor Accessability
We have changed rooms this year, but you can pull up close to the doors for the Convention Centre entrance. For those bringing 'large' display items please let us now ASAP.

Safety and Security of your stuff
This year we have a much larger room. It seemed that way until we started moving table around. We also may have much more people attending this year and many of them may be from outside the RPF or the 'known' community. We strongly remind you to keep on eye on your tables at all times if you feel uncomfortable. If anyone needs help at their tables, also let me know right away.

Buying and Trading
Strongly encouraged, please bring stuff you want to trade or show off. Many regular members already know this.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

****UPDATE****
-June1/13

- Those who want table space, make sure to confirm with John ASAP
- Those wanting to donate any prizes, please advise myself or John as to the nature of the 'item' and approximate dollar value.
- Those wanting to do 30-60 minute demos on any subject, also please contact us ASAP.

2 weeks left now, wow it creeps up fast doesn't it?

**Update**
May 5/13

Admission Price

Admission tickets will be $10 flat rate. Please keep in mind, we will have a MUCH larger room this year.
The $10 ticket price has actually been reduced $5.

Kids under 12 are free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Update**
April 8/13

Raffle Prize Donations

Anyone wanting to donate prizes for this year's party, please PM me or Dr_Slurpee with a description of what you want to donate and its approximate value.

Just to confirm again, the room has been booked, and it's twice a big as the last room. So get ready for lots of space. There will be so much room to talk to each other as well.

It's time to start a list of who's planning on attending. Please be sure to mention if you will be bringing any guests.
List at the bottom of this post.

(ex: Caveneau + 2 guests)

The Location: Toronto Plaza Hotel
1677 Wilson Avenue Toronto, ON
The Prince Regent Conference Room
The Day: Saturday, June 15, 2013
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
RPF members, exhibitors and friends thereof may enter at 9:00am. The event will be private until 1:00pm at which time it will be open to the public. Exhibitors should arrive soon after 9:00am to set up to minimize chaos as the room fills.
Tickets: Price to be determined, available at the door
Parking: Parking is located behind the hotel with an entrance is off 'Beverly Hills Drive'
http://torontopropparty.com

For those who need table or floor space

Please contact dr_slurpee (John) via email to ensure that space is allocated. namebrand.design@gmail.com

For those donating items for the Raffle/Silent auction

Please contact myself via PM or dr_slurpee (John) via email namebrand.design@gmail.com to let us know what you would like to donate.

For those who would like to put on a demonstration

Please contact myself via PM or dr_slurpee (John) via email namebrand.design@gmail.com to let us know what you would like to do as a demonstration.

The time has come to begin the planning for this year’s prop party.

All updates will be made in the 1st post so expect it to be edited as the planning evolves.

I am not up to snuff on all the conventions around that time of year.
I’ve listed the major ones starting from April 2013 to the end of August 2013

----------------------------------------
Apr13 – Ad Astra
May24-26 – Anime North
Jun22 - Can't Stop The Serenity
Jul? – Polaris – finished?
Jul26-28 - ConBravo
Aug23-26 – Fan Expo
-----------------------------------------

Planned Improvements

Admission of $10
I want to make sure that the admission fee will be no higher than $10 per adult and children will be free.

Raffle
The raffle will probably work a little differently this year. Prizes will be given detailed descriptions in advance with details of who donated them, how they were made and their approximate value.

Also, each prize will have it’s own ticket box. Example, 10 prizes, 10 ticket boxes. That way we can feel more comfortable that we can increase our individual odds of winning the prize we want.

It’s too soon to know how many prizes we will have but I am sure they will be great and there will be no last minute additions to throw anyone off(like last year-sorry about that).
**updated June11/13
**see website for prize details.

Silent Auction
We may also be having a silent auction to help generate money for the event.

Food
The plan will be to sell food tickets. We’ll have the usual pizza plus I would also like to do sandwiches. I just want to ensure everyone actually gets a chance to eat something. Last year there was definitely NOT enough pizza. The challenge is always guessing how many people will be attending.

Group Photo
Will be planned and scheduled. Last year we forgot all about it.

Demonstrations/live builds
Demonstrations were a nice addition to last year’s party. They will be scheduled for 30-45 minutes each.

Features

- BTTF Delorean Time Machine
- Knight Rider KITT
- RC R2D2

Please give me your feedback.

~Andrew.

Who's Attending
1. Caveneau(Andrew) + 2 guests
2. Dr_Slurpee(John) + 4 guests
3. Michael Bergeron + 10+ guests
4. Talisen
5. Jaedena
6. gmprops
7. jeffmorren
8. aaronviolator + 1 guest
9. CJS
10. pucknell
11. tk1565
12. TMBountyhunter
13. Primrodo
14. bigjustin12
15. Electronic Lids
16. Styrofoam_Guy
17. DAVIDYR1
18. no0se + 1 guest
19. Dave Porter
20. neilo1
21. KittCARR + 2 guests
22. RPFKOV

Tentative

1. DaleSabers
2. Smitty77

Tell all your friends!

Last edited:
June/July works for me. Should be good for just about any date in those months. :thumbsup

I like the idea of the ticket bowls as well. Lets one load up on a prize they really want!

I'll of course be good for a prize donation or two. Maybe a Hellboy Book this time.

That's fantastic Mike, thanks.

Yeah, and now we just gotta keep bumping this thread.

I'll send out some PMs over the weekend.

I still have to send out some PMs.
I guess with the Community>Events forum, the thread may not be as easily seen?

I still have to send out some PMs.
I guess with the Community>Events forum, the thread may not be as easily seen?

Yep. I still think a lot of people don't use the main index page at all.

You'll get much more input with a PM linking to this thread. :thumbsup

Any June or July date is good for me. Plus Jeff and I will come up with a prize or two. Maybe even a hero Stargate Atlantis Wraith pistol with some of my electronics inside... :cool

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back