2013 Toronto Prop Party

Thanks to the great work John has done lining up sponsors, I had the pleasure of meeting with the manager of SSC.
Great guy. He was very curious about the Toronto Prop Party and hopefully I did a good job in convincing him to attend.
He was very interested to know what kind of stuff people are making and what materials are most commonly being used.
I told him the best thing to do would be to come on down and meet people and ask them first hand. So hopefully he'll come by.

Also, for anyone interested in any of SSC's workshops, a basic introduction to mold making is offered. I'd be interested in checking that out at some point. If anyone else is interested, just let me know. By the time the workshop is over, you will have made you own mold and a cast from it. The classes usually involve less than 10 people so it's very hands-on.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well.
We're getting close now.

Ciao Ciao

~Andrew

NOTE: For those who have not yet requested specific table space, please contact Dr_Slurpee ASAP.

We need this info to start planning things out.

Keep in mind this time last year we already had a floorplan with specifics.

Everyone wanted a larger room.
Well, this year we have it and it's twice as big.
If only we knew we'd have twice the turnout as last year.

If we want a big room again next year, we need to know who's attending this year.

So please keep in touch with us and ask any questions you like.

We need to get everything finalized in about 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Back home and going through my inventory this week. Looking like at least 4 tables & some floor for me. Gonna also see if I can figure out how to present the shroud. Would be neat to display at the show.

As for selling, I'll have PLENTY. One of the big attractions to things like Fan Expo is all the cool stuff you could potentially buy. I'd encourage people who make items or are looking to thin their collection to have stuff available to sell/trade at the party. :)

Selling and trading at the prop party I think has been under-utilized by members and I know I'd love to see more of it. It's a great opportunity to support one another and get some cool stuff!

Mike, what about those temporary 3M wall hooks? Perhaps they could be put up to hold the shroud? What are the dimensions of it?

The main problem right now is contacting people who are interested in coming. I have tried sending messages here but most have not replied to me so I am not sure if there is a lack of interest on their part or if they simply are not getting messages from RPF. Any help you guys can provide in spreading the word and having people contact me would be great!

Go figure, we have a lower the admission price and a larger room this year.
Now I"m actually really happy we've got the flyers out.
Hopefully we can attract people who are really interested in seeing this event grow.

When I get back home, I'll see if I've got anything worth contributing to the short prize list.
Then I guess, like last year, we'll list the donated prizes.

I'll be spreading the word and will contact some friends at Global to see if we can maybe get a camera there.

It's gonna be great!

- - - Updated - - -

When I get back home, I'll see if I've got anything worth contributing to the short prize list.
Then I guess, like last year, we'll list the donated prizes.

I'll have a couple prizes. Likely a Grail Diary again as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Mike, what about those temporary 3M wall hooks? Perhaps they could be put up to hold the shroud? What are the dimensions of it?

Not a bad idea at all. :) I'll look into it.

The shroud is approx. 4' x 15'

Awesome. Can't wait to see them.

I had planned to make description tags this year for all my stuff, but I left it to the last minute this year. At least Star Trek fans know their props.

I hear the weather's been nice in Toronto?

Anyway, regards to all of you from Malta.

See you soon

I had planned to make description tags this year for all my stuff, but I left it to the last minute this year. At least Star Trek fans know their props.

Ya, I should do that as well... :lol I'm too busy finishing up props!

I hear the weather's been nice in Toronto?

Hit and miss. When it's nice it's really nice but there have been thunder showers in many areas.

Anyway, regards to all of you from Malta.

When do you come back?

I've created a Spreadshirt shop with t-shirts for the Toronto Prop Party if anyone wants to get a shirt and help support the prop party you can order them here Toronto Prop Party Shop Lots of options and multiple designs, and will be adding additional stuff as I have time, like women's shirts! If you order soon then there should be time for your order to be shipped to you in time for the Prop Party with standard shipping.

2013-logo_design.png

logo_design.png

figures_design.png

I received 100 name tag holders with clips in the mail.
I'm still on vacation but I'm told they arrived.
I'll be talking to Mike to advise him on the dimensions of the holders.

Hope everyone is getting excited, I am.

I don't know why every year I plan to do so much in time for the party, but never start till weeks before. Excited, but not nearly ready! lol

Anyone know, talk to, or email with any of these members? They have either said they are coming in this thread or have attended past years but my attempts to contact them to see if they need table space have been unfruitful and I think it might be just the RPF not alerting them to PMs or something. If anyone has email addresses they want to provide me that would be awesome!

ColinWily
falken108
GhostCinderella
kuzushi
narutoishere
Rob234111
tk1565
RPFKOV
Smitty77
gmprops
JeffreyMorren
pucknell
Electronic Lids

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back