Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

The outer soles look a little yellow. When I eventually order a pair, I might take them off and spray paint the bottoms just to get them at least a little better.

If Brad approves you know you got a winner lol, btw I got an email today saying that they are going to be shipping to pair and that it has a working "lihjt up nike logo now" ya ya ya we will see

If Brad approves you know you got a winner lol, btw I got an email today saying that they are going to be shipping to pair and that it has a working "lihjt up nike logo now" ya ya ya we will see

Sounds promising though!

So I've been curious about how fabric would stick to the soles, so I took my Nike Mags that I made with foam and fabric and glued them to a pair of Markpoon shoe soles. They worked perfectly. I even able to get my foot inside.

I am 95% sure that I will be able to slim the toe on the V2s.

6df97d2aae623b35b286a02d1159261a.jpg

7f38dffa2caf0dabca4d1fa2b97e52bf.jpg

c2de827ae7fac8a3caf896b5ee975ffc.jpg

b9046defb60eb8e10cdc308d00e441bd.jpg

Awesome work Brad and such a factory looking finish! Did you still use gorilla glue to carry this out?:eek:

I so wish you would finish these off. They look better than anything else currently on the market. Given that the V1 MAG was a copy of the MP MAG, I still think you should have bought your correct size, stripped off the PVC uppers and worked your magic. Or is that your intention with the V2s?

Awesome work Brad and such a factory looking finish! Did you still use gorilla glue to carry this out?:eek:

Thanks. I used Loctite Glue. It has the same compund elements as Gorilla Glue but is easier to control the flow of glue.

Ah ok nice one, cheers for info! Would you advise using shoe goo to stick the rubber soles back on the midsoles? Just for when I go to stick them back together after installing sole EL. Then use the below to clamp the rubber to the midsole?

Last edited:

Ah ok nice one, cheers for info! Would you advise using shoe goo to stick the rubber soles back on the midsoles? Just for when I go to stick them back together after installing sole EL. Then use the below to clamp the rubber to the midsole?

I haven't worked with Shoe Goo. The only thing I would be concerned about is that Shoe Goo can be messy. It's not meant for tidy work but rather to be slathered on for repair.

Have you also thought about doing the "finger loops"?

Ye shoe goo is like a kebab, messy as f$€k.. What would you recommend?

Ye tbh I think we could unstitch the finger holes and just carefully glue the material together, I wouldn't mind a second pair though incase anything happens

Ye shoe goo is like a kebab, messy as f$€k.. What would you recommend?

Not sure. When I do my Markpoon coversions, I use an Xacto knife to remove the rubber from the midsole, so that I leave some of the foam on the rubber. Then I use Loctite or Gorilla Glue to reattach the rubber/foam to the midsole I will probably do the same thing with these.

Is the midsole a foam type material or rubber?

It's a really good rubber with a high hardness level, almost like plastic so to speak, you will be very impressed I think with the actual quality of them :)

Ok I will use a transparent glue as you said loctite, gorilla glue I think might show up through the soles..maybe. Loctite definately won't and with the plastic clamps I displayed in the above post I think with 24 hours to set it will be perfect.

I can't wait for you to get these shoes and we can really get the ball rolling, do you have a tracking number yet? Also what do you think about removing the stitching on the finger holes? My only concern is that you will see the holes where the stitching was but it has to look better than the lighter thread used :confused

I can't wait for you to get these shoes and we can really get the ball rolling, do you have a tracking number yet?

Also what do you think about removing the stitching on the finger holes? My only concern is that you will see the holes where the stitching was but it has to look better than the lighter thread used :confused

Yes I have a tracking number.

As for the finger holes, I think it will be pretty easy. Unstitch them, cut the fabric slightly in each of the 3 corners of the triangle, then fold the fabric inside using some glue (maybe hot glue). That's how it looks like the real MAG's did it. At least from these pics it seems...

Insole2_zpse903a820.jpg

e3ehe6u2_zps0321dce9.jpg

Ye I think you are on to something there, thanks for sharing those photo's! :)

Excited that you have tracking number mate, won't be long now!

Hey taff I got the batteries you reccomended and I'm blown away by the size, they easily fit inside the cloneprops buckle.

Hey taff I got the batteries you reccomended and I'm blown away by the size, they easily fit inside the cloneprops buckle.

Nice one Nik! Enjoy them they are truly amazing for there weight, size and mAh!! :)

Can I ask why you aren't using the battery that already comes with the shoe? Is this battery that you guys are using ONLY to power the EL?

Can I ask why you aren't using the battery that already comes with the shoe? Is this battery that you guys are using ONLY to power the EL?

Jedifyfe, Probably the people wants:

1- an accurate way to charge it(like original MAGS), not an USB charger.....for some GOOD reason, NIKE put the battery in Ankle Buckle, not in soles¡¡¡¡.Soles support all the weight of one person and im sure that this is the main problem of malfunction in chinese replicas(and bad connections, too).Its only a matter of time to have more fails if the battery is inside soles.

2-Probably the battery of chinese replicas have a "so cheap" batteries,low power ready for support ONLY LED technology.

3-People probably doesnt kwow that the batteries of chinese replicas doesn´t have enough power to handle EL panels for hours,BECAUSE that batteries are ready to use with LEDS ONLY.LED have ALWAYS less power consumption . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back