DL-44 blaster: Han ESB vs Luke ESB

DrMaul

Does anyone have any good reference pics (or expert knowledge) of the left-hand side (opposite the scope) of the Luke Hoth DL-44 blaster? I've looked in the usual places :(

I know it lacks some of the Han Hoth DL-44 details...my question is, is it completely devoid of added detail?

I've started modifying a Denix Mauser, and am inclined to do a Luke ESB version to go with an imminent Luke X-wing costume project.

While Luke is on Cloud city he only appears to have a v8 part #84 on the left side. This can also be seen in publicity photos. Whatever else was originally there had fallen off...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrMaul @ Dec 6 2006, 02:22 AM) [snapback]1372389[/snapback]</div>
Does anyone have any good reference pics (or expert knowledge) of the left-hand side (opposite the scope) of the Luke Hoth DL-44 blaster? I've looked in the usual places :(

I know it lacks some of the Han Hoth DL-44 details...my question is, is it completely devoid of added detail?

I've started modifying a Denix Mauser, and am inclined to do a Luke ESB version to go with an imminent Luke X-wing costume project.
[/b]

"Luke's" blaster only has V8 part #84 on the left side - ever.
That was the firing ESB Hero (real Mauser) used by Luke and Han.
I wouldn't call it a "Hoth" blaster since Han and Luke used the same MGC Hero blaster on Hoth.
Hamill did have the firing Hero for some studio promo shots in the fake snow.
The firing Hero never went on location to Norway. Probably for the same reason no real guns went to Tunisia - the production doesn't transport firearms out of the country (UK).

I have the V8 part on my ESB blaster and always think of it as both Han and Luke's - I use it with my x-wing costume too. :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back