Imperial Fleet Trooper Helmet Pics?

Anyone got any pics of these helmets from ANH?

This is the only one on my site and its not great
LFLarchimp1.jpg

A certain company showed off their version of these at Memorabillia recently and I'm interested to see how accurate (or not) it is, as theres not a huge lot documented on this helmet.

IIRC AA made a dozen or so for ANH but I think some were reproduced for RotJ and possibly Empire

Cheers

Jez

I've got a huge black & white pre production photo I got from AA a long time ago if someone wants to post it.
I looked at the two and there were a lot of differences. Difficult to tell definitively if it was a mold issue or assembly issue. My thoughts were that it was a complete scratch rebuild which is why so many aspects were so off the mark. Disappointing as I really love this helmet.
I had hoped that maybe he really did have the molds for some of these other less known helmets but in my opinion right now his record is only 1 out of 7 that looked like it could be from an unaltered original.
That would be the 2 halves of the xwing flight helmet pieces.
Why he doesn't just make the plain white xwing (that is correct) instead of these other less popular and less accurate helmets is beyond me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GINO @ Dec 5 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback]1371946[/snapback]</div>
I've got a huge black & white pre production photo I got from AA a long time ago if someone wants to post it.
I looked at the two and there were a lot of differences. Difficult to tell definitively if it was a mold issue or assembly issue. My thoughts were that it was a complete scratch rebuild which is why so many aspects were so off the mark. Disappointing as I really love this helmet.
I had hoped that maybe he really did have the molds for some of these other less known helmets but in my opinion right now his record is only 1 out of 7 that looked like it could be from an unaltered original.
That would be the 2 halves of the xwing flight helmet pieces.
Why he doesn't just make the plain white xwing (that is correct) instead of these other less popular and less accurate helmets is beyond me.
[/b]
Thanks Gino,

I've think I have that one - AA had a group of pics at one of the shows some years ago for sale as a set. IIRC it was quite dark.

Are you saying that you've seen a pic of this new helmet as I've only just seen today and was looking to compare but found it hard as there doenst seem to be much source material around.

I heard he was going to do the X-Wing for Mem but "ran out of time". However AFAIK given he had no hand in the painting of the "Hero" helmets, his new ones would be simply white shells with no detailing

Cheers

Jez

Man... the RPF comes through again. Just today I posted a request for pics of this helmet on the 501st boards as I am working on a vacuforming mold of one. I was logging on here to do the same. I need more pics.

Gino, I'll post that big pic for you. Pm sent.

The ROTJ ones are not the same as ANH...that one pictured on your site is ROTJ.

Here's a screencap study I did a while ago...

CheesegraterANH.jpg

Here's ROTJ...

CheesegraterROTJ.jpg

Of course, I'm always a stickler for details ;)

Cheesegraterstudy.jpg

Here's my contribution, original pics (from Japanese SW action figure archive) are tiny so pardon the poor quality scans:

dstrooper_photo01.jpg

dstrooper_photo02.jpg

Hope the pics help. I think the recent HD Star Wars on Cinemax should yield a couple of decent screencaps.

Hey Luke Warmwater, I'm also a member of the 501st (ID-5776). Please put me in the mailing list for updates on your DS Trooper helmet mold. Been looking for alternatives to the Altmann's helmet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(turok96 @ Dec 6 2006, 03:43 AM) [snapback]1372609[/snapback]</div>
Are these helmets based on an actual helmet, or are they made from scratch?
[/b]

The base helmet was a vacform of a US Navy "Talker" helmet, but there is much added to it: earpieces, the two plates with holes, the skirt on the back...

Thanks for the pics guys

If someone can get Hi-Def screengrabs of them that would be great

Yeah the basis of this helmet was the "Talker" just like the Rebel Fleet trooper, DS Gunner etc. etc and by all accounts it looks like for Jedi someone remade them although they were much smaller and less impressive IMO

renzaijh - that 2nd pic is interesting as it shows the skirt on top of the rear holed-swoop which is the same way as AA's done it in the pic I saw (attached hopefully)

[attachmentid=11469]

Cheers

Jez

Is it just me or is the AA helmet way off?

The details on the ears are different, and they are attached differently. And does the helmet shell have a crinkly finish? :confused

I dont know if its off or not - just trying to work that out

As far as I can tell the ANH one DID have the crinkly matt-black sections on them - but the RoTJ ones didnt and were all gloss black.

Could renzaijh's pic be of the RotJ version?

Cheers

Jez

Hmmmmm Fleet Trooper lid....

Would defo be interested in one of these...

One of the 2 Imperial lids (that I know of) I'm missing from my collection...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TK/TB6540 @ Dec 6 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]1372687[/snapback]</div>
Hmmmmm Fleet Trooper lid....

Would defo be interested in one of these...

One of the 2 Imperial lids (that I know of) I'm missing from my collection...
[/b]

Mark, SDS showed off the helmet at Mem a couple of weeks back. Do you know if any of the UKG guys (who were present in force) managed to take any pics of it as this is the only one I've seen.

Cheers

Jez

Looking at all the above pics I would say that all the swoops had a smooth reflective finish - any 'crinkly' effects you see are purely reflections of the surroundings etc.

The AA looks good on the whole but the ear parts are too low and at the wrong angle, plus the holes in the back piece are in the wrong place or there needs to be another row further up.

I saw this at the NEC and was impressed at the time - no pics though, sorry.

SAS

Don't you know those guys felt dumb running around in big, Darth Vader wannabe helmets. :lol

Here's a side view I got from the SW HD source...might be helpful...

Cheesesideview.jpg

I think the front piece of plastic with holes in it should be as thick as the rear piece....

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back