So who's going to bid on Dredd props

I've been trying on a few of the auctions but they seem to skyrocket in the last few seconds. Ebay can be so frustration sometimes.

Last item I am interested in ends tonight so fingers crossed.

I don't know if it's just me or the types of things I bid on, but it seems like I lose a lot auctions at the last possible second. I hate that sniping!!

I made a ton of Dredd bids only to see the dream go <poof>, but at least I did win (and got a few days ago) ten slo-mo lids! My first screen-used props!!! But to do so, I had to bid a lot more that I wanted. I didn't even come close to any if the other items, like Peach Trees signs or MedLab signs.

So good luck Uridium, I hope you win!

- JD

Last edited:
:lolI'd have paid many of dollars for that wig guys. Potentially it could have went for more than a lawgiver or even Dredd's armor. Chris

That wig was an awe-inspiring example of how the costume can make the character.

I think we'd have ourselves a bidding war. :)

- JD

Heh. Just realised that the 'brain rage' helmet is a homage to Mean Machine Angel.

Now it's suddenly more interesting to me... I wonder if I watch films with my brain turned off sometimes...

I don't know if it's just me or the types of things I bid on, but it seems like I lose a lot auctions at the last possible second. I hate that sniping!!

I made a ton of Dredd bids only to see the dream go <poof>,

I know that feeling all too well. I didn't win ANY of the pieces I bid on!!!

You know, there is something I feel COMPELLED to point out.

I often hear people complain about screen used vendor's pricing (including Prop Store), yet I would venture to guess that on most of the pieces that sold, they sold for MORE than what Prop Store would have posted them for if they directly sold them on their site! What this tells me is that for all the bitching and complaining, people are actually willing to spend more than what a vendor like Prop Store would sell for in a direct sales situation so their prices aren't really as bad as people claim.

The one cool thing is that I think more RPF members got pieces in this auction than I have ever seen in any other! Prop Store marketing on this auction was very well thought out.

Thanks to everyone that was a part of this from propstore ,members of the production company and RPF members it's been great fun biding losing but also winning props.
Next weeks going to be slow around 5pm not having anything new being post or finishing

Can't wait to get my hands on the props but this is the one that I'm over the moon to have got and I think at a steal
8b06953790956fb84c04a8cb676ce2e6_zpsd8c3d33c.jpg

Last edited:
I have to agree, its wonderful that so many items were bought by the folks here! I really hope we will one day see a sequel to this incarnation of Dredd, it clearly already has a huge cult following which I think will only expand

Congrats to all the winners. :cheers

You know, there is something I feel COMPELLED to point out.

I often hear people complain about screen used vendor's pricing (including Prop Store), yet I would venture to guess that on most of the pieces that sold, they sold for MORE than what Prop Store would have posted them for if they directly sold them on their site! What this tells me is that for all the bitching and complaining, people are actually willing to spend more than what a vendor like Prop Store would sell for in a direct sales situation so their prices aren't really as bad as people claim.
People just like to complain.

Thanks to everyone that was a part of this from propstore ,members of the production company and RPF members it's been great fun biding losing but also winning props.
Next weeks going to be slow around 5pm not having anything new being post or finishing

Can't wait to get my hands on the props but this is the one that I'm over the moon to have got and I think at a steal
8b06953790956fb84c04a8cb676ce2e6_zpsd8c3d33c.jpg

Woah! Congrats, a great looking piece in wonderful condition! :thumbsup

I was lucky enough to bag mini mines, cuffs, shotgun mag, smoke grenade and lawgiver mags with pouch. Missed out on the flashbang and a belt, nearly got a full set :)

I've loved the auction and Propstore did a wonderful job not only with the listings, but also getting the stuff out do quickly.

Overall very pleased :)

Bummed I had my hours cut at work the week prior to the auction start so I had to resist temptation to bid. Look forward to seeing some of the in hand pics and congrats to all who won!

I made a ton of Dredd bids only to see the dream go <poof>, but at least I did win (and got a few days ago) ten slo-mo lids! My first screen-used props!!! But to do so, I had to bid a lot more that I wanted. I didn't even come close to any if the other items, like Peach Trees signs or MedLab signs.

So good luck Uridium, I hope you win!

- JD

Well i didnt win. Never mind.
Congrats on your SloMo lids!!!!

I was lucky enough to bag mini mines, cuffs, shotgun mag, smoke grenade and lawgiver mags with pouch. Missed out on the flashbang and a belt, nearly got a full set :)

Aha! It was you who robbed me! :lol

Seriously though, congrats. Those are some nice items. You reached way deeper into your pocket than I did.

I've loved the auction and Propstore did a wonderful job not only with the listings, but also getting the stuff out do quickly

Agreed! From my limited experience with them, Propstore seems to really have their act together. I was a bit sad when the auction ended--no more Dredd to drool over!

I have to admit the shipping cost caught me off guard, though. At £25, it was almost 1/3 of the total cost, in my case.

However, as I am overseas (from them) and they sent it FedEx Intl Priority Insured, £25 isn't unfair, especially considering they have to declare for customs. If the auction had stated it was FedEx Insured, I would have had a better idea up front, though.

However (again), they clearly stated that eBay's estimates were way off and I didn't bother asking before bidding, so if I was unhappy (which I wasn't), more fool me!

- JD

P.S. After I had used italics and bold in a single sentence, I just couldn't resist the underline. Sorry! :confused

Last edited by a moderator:
Prop Store would like to thank to everyone who participated in our recent DREDD auctions.

The event was a resounding success with hundreds of bidders involved from different countries all over the world. The sale received a whopping 152,711 hits across all auction items. Judge Dredd's costume alone accounted for over 15,000 of those views, and the first Lawmaster motorbike attracted 7,164 pairs of eager eyes. A total of 5,082 bids were placed throughout the two-week online event.

The British fans came out in force, taking home 131 (over half!) of the lots; our American cousins will be importing 43 lots, and the rest are winging their way to collectors in Australia, Ireland, Taiwan, Italy, Norway, Germany, France, Denmark, Norway, Spain, Canada, France and Austria.

Congratulations to the 119 lucky winners. We hope you enjoy your well earned spoils!

auction houses and companies rarely put the real estimates....Why?

because truthfully know one really knows what stuff will go for.

Having said that Art and I both stated that the Dredd suits would go gonzo...and of course. ...they did.

The bikes went cheap I thought....and of course on my site I state clearly the opportunity to split the suits would have resulted in some better deals.

The bikes went cheap I thought....and of course on my site I state clearly the opportunity to split the suits would have resulted in some better deals.

Not really - the bikes would've been the big items that had less individual bidders since they are hard to ship outside the UK and you need a place to store a bike that doesn't wor - unless you can fix it.

I think most of the people going for the props were fans willing to spend a bit more money on items from possibly the only proper Dredd feature-film that will be made, not frugal prop-makers. A lot of prop-makers are looking for a deal on items to re-cast or re-manufacture whereas collectors want complete, unique items to own. There is crossover between the two of course but some people just really want a piece of Dredd more than others.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back