So who's going to bid on Dredd props

Im thinking $3,000 for a background helmet at first if they don't reveal how many they have and $7-10 for a full hero costume.

My guess is about $20-25k on the Dredd and $12-$15k on the non-Dredd. Would be THRILLED to pick up a complete hero at $7k, but I am just not seeing that happen. Would love to be wrong.

Wow..I was considering bidding on the upcoming auction, but after seeing some of the price guesstimates...seems like it's way above what I'm willing to pay. If these guesstimates are indeed accurate, then these props are worth more than some of the A-list props seen on the recent Profiles auction.

Considering the relatively low exposure of the film, would these props be able to retain their value even a year from now? I don't collect to profit...but it's always good to know that my props are still worth what they are down the road.

Well as a potential bidder but also a writer I want it on the record im not trying to rubbish anything here...just write from the heart as usual.

As much as Id love some of this stuff the limmited quantities of these auctions from Xmen, Spiderman, and all the other genre stuff usually means that people tend to bid now and ask questions later.

of course those close to Propstore probably knew about these auctions 6 months ago but the truth is one looks to the past to see how these things tend to go down. Unfortunately those close to the propstore also have the big wallets so they may already have seen the stuff.

I would thus ask nicely if the Propstore could send out some nice hi rez pics of stuff and even give us quanties of the items...it sure would make it easier for us to plan out here. Unfortunately the very nature of the "auction" means that the less planning people do, the more kneejerk bidding they do and thus the higher the bids.

The longer the auctions lasts and the more we know about pieces coming each day means that the prices will tend to gravitate between expensive in the beginning to slowly middling at the end and then a desperation level at the end. That always means that the good stuff tends to be front loaded.

The prices will be over the top....but thats the nature of the beast. Some people will get decent deals...but there won't be any super-duper deals as people always bid on items under $500 just for the "I want that cheap factor".....thus making nothing "cheap".

The only way that one could reasonably get something cheap here is to work as a group. If you buy the costume and someone wants the belt, the badge, the helmet, etc...and split it that way generally means that everybody might get something.

Thats worked for me in the past and Im happy to do that with anyone that wants to this time around.

...and no. I don't think the prices will ever be as much as the "hype" machine creates first time around. Ask the Christies Trek buyers, Stargate, Battlestar people who bought mid to low end items and are not getting a return right now because of the sheer glut of stuff on the market.
Even though there are just 200 items....the market is flooded right now with stuff with many new films to open this year.

Last edited:
Terms and conditions are up on the ebay site....some really good stuff here worth remembering. Among my favorites.....

2. VAT at the standard rate of 20% is to be added for all sales within the UK and EEC. Sales to a non EEC delivery address, including the USA will not have VAT added.

3. Payment plans are not available for any auction item. (this will help us regular buyers...

Interesting post, tardis55 & you have some very valid points there.

In regards to Propstore revealing the entire auction inventory..well, I seriously doubt that's going to happen as that will be detrimental to the final price of the less popular items. By not revealing the items, people would be more likely to bid on the weaker/earlier items for fear there won't be better ones in the latter part of the auction.

IMHO, wouldn't the auction start off with the weaker stuff? I would assume that not everyone who collects visits the forum or propstore's website on a regular basis, so the only way they would know that such an auction exists is when they see it on Ebay. This would give the auction an opportunity to gain a wider audience on Ebay as time goes by, and that's when they reveal the bigger items.

I like the idea of working as a group to bid & win, but the major problem lies in the fact that there's only a single COA. And with the items separated without the original COA, it'll make it really hard if it ever comes time to sell.

In the new year we'll have more information available regarding the quantities of pieces that we have. This was a low(ish) budget film so there wasn't huge volumes of multiples of any items. Some of the key production crew and the production company have held onto some items and some material was already released to help promote the launch of the film...so we don't have it all...but we do have some very cool stuff!

Sadly there will definitely not be a sequel to this incarnation of Dredd...

Stephen

Straight from Stephen. Looks to me like they ARE planning to share the list of items in some form prior to the auction.

Terms and conditions are up on the ebay site....some really good stuff here worth remembering. Among my favorites.....

2. VAT at the standard rate of 20% is to be added for all sales within the UK and EEC. Sales to a non EEC delivery address, including the USA will not have VAT added.

I thought the auction was being held on eBay? If so, fortunately for us, it appears they actually can't do that: VAT

"As eBay is primarily a consumer marketplace, from February 20th 2008, users will no longer be permitted to add VAT to the final item price after the item has been won. If VAT is legally due, the seller bears the responsibility of paying that VAT"

I thought the auction was being held on eBay? If so, fortunately for us, it appears they actually can't do that: VAT

"As eBay is primarily a consumer marketplace, from February 20th 2008, users will no longer be permitted to add VAT to the final item price after the item has been won. If VAT is legally due, the seller bears the responsibility of paying that VAT"

That's what I was thinking maybe they have just made a mistake

Hi all,

While it's not practical for us to post the full itemized inventory, we are happy to field specific questions that you have regarding the auction and the material that will be sold. I imagine most people want to know what kind of quantities we have on Judge costumes and Judge armor, so I will get that information together and share it here ASAP.

As Stephen mentioned previously, all items will start at £1 with no reserve, so the final prices will be determined strictly by the bidders. Each item will be up for auction for seven days, with at least 20 new items going live each day from January 28th - February 8th. The listings will be posted to eBay at 17:00 GMT.

We will be posting some preview photos to the RPF before the auction begins, and if you have any specific photo requests feel free to let us know. Sian Anderson is the point of contact for all Dredd inquiries and can be reached at sian@propstore.com

Also please be sure to Bookmark our eBay Dredd launch page -

items in propstore auction store on eBay!

Very best,
Brandon

Thanks Brandon. I think that VAT question might be very relevant.

As for being one COA....I do wish people would stop getting so bent out of shape about them. I could care less as long as the trail is attributable and have a color copy of it.

10 years from now if you put it in profiles or christies the only thing they will want to know is where it came from. A COA rarely if ever makes it to the next buyer.

Looking forward to this.

As long as VAT is clearly indicated in the description of each listing it is quite acceptable under eBay's listing policies. VAT (when applicable) and shipping will be calculated and added for each customer in an invoice.

Don't forget that VAT at 20% is only applied to customers living within the EC.

As long as VAT is clearly indicated in the description of each listing it is quite acceptable under eBay's listing policies. VAT (when applicable) and shipping will be calculated and added for each customer in an invoice.

Don't forget that VAT at 20% is only applied to customers living within the EC.

VAT can NOT be added to an items final price on eBay.co.uk

Hello folks

We wanted to clear up any confusion regarding the VAT charges to buyers within the EC on our upcoming Dredd auction.

We have been working closely with Ebay in the months leading up to our on-line event to ensure accuracy and compliance.

Prop Store is a VAT-registered business and we are required by law to charge VAT at 20% on all purchases made by EC residents.

The payment method and our terms are clearly outlined on our auction page (Terms And Conditions for Prop Store Auction store on eBay), by bidding and participating in the auction you will be agreeing to our terms and conditions. Ebay accepts this as a mutual agreement and thus falls outside their generic umbrella of terms regarding VAT. VAT at 20% will be added to the relevant Paypal/Prop Store issued invoices along with the shipping costs. This is not prohibited by Ebay policy.

We hope everyone enjoys the auction, we do have plenty of awesome content to reveal to you all - pictures are coming soon! If anyone has any questions regarding the auction please don't hesitate to ask me directly

sian@propstore.com
Project Manager

Hi all,

As there have been several inquiries as to the volume of certain assets that will be available in the auction, I'm happy to share the following information.

The most requested information seems to be regarding Dredd (the character) specific material. The auction will include one complete costume, and one additional Dredd armor.

Here is some more information on the quantities of key items that will be in the sale, in addition to the Dredd character costumes mentioned above :

• 2 Hero Lawmaster Motorbikes
  • 1 Fiberglass Lawmaster Body Shell
  • 6 Complete Judge costumes, including helmets and utility belts
  • 3 Additional Judge costumes, less complete
  • 2 Judge Anderson Armor sets
  • 3 Judge Armor sets (background)
  • 3 Prototype Judge Helmets
  • 1 Security Helmet & Jacket
  • 1 additional Security Helmet

Unfortunately there will be no lawgivers included in the auction.

I hope that this information is useful in planning your bidding strategies. We will be posting more teaser photos of the upcoming items later this week.

If anyone has any additional inquiries, please reach out to Sian at sian@propstore.com

Very best,
Brandon Alinger
Prop Store

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back