Robocop: The Original for Pepakura **8/29 1st post update, foam glove**

hi,

well here i go, a few years ago i saw a halo costume on ebay for sale and I've wanted to build one for years I didn't really know how to go about this at all, Until recently.
I watched the new robocop and my Girlfriend thinks i look just like the actor in the new on and i decided that i wanted to be robocop for hollowen. I would like to build a foam suit and have it look like the new one. I was hoping to find someone who has a unfolded pep? Id love to start this as a bobbie and am very eager to get going.

Nice work on the pep files and a big thank you!

Philthy Stache I had the same problem when doing my helmet. It took me 3 try's and the final was around the 10.5 as well. Your chest piece is coming along nicely, one thing I have noticed with a lot of other builds is the chest is always to small. But you have it looking just about right. The shoulder to shoulder is the same look as I am going for, this is the same look as the suit in the movie. I am 6' 4" and quite large in the upper frame so I am crossing my fingers I have got the sizing right for mine which I will be starting to build this weekend. I have done the first part of my helmet and please feel free to view the video blog I have made http://youtu.be/g1YOz2uBP18 The helmet has a few changes to be made such as the circles around the ears and the back plate needs bracing to bring it in a bit. These will all be in the 2nd stage video blog which will cover the finishing. I will be doing a video blog for each stage of the suit so subscribe to my channel if you would like to keep up to date with it. Once I have built more of the suit I will start my own thread to explain what I have done in more detail.
Long live 1987 Robocop and all you awesome suits!

Oh one other thing does anybody have any good leads on purchasing the gloves?

It's looking pretty sick there Fuzion. Have you moved on to your chest piece yet? I'm still a little worried that my chest piece is still a little too small and will have to remake it at a larger scale. I did move on to the torso piece and had to do some after being made additions to the sides to allow for my larger midsection to fit. But it's rubbing up against the chest piece, so it's either widen it with homemade supports, or build a bigger chest piece.

But alas, I had to shelve my robo build for now. I finally have the supplies to finish my kids Iron Man build so I'm rushing to get it done by Halloween. Once I continue with my robo build I'll post more pics of it.

It's looking pretty sick there Fuzion. Have you moved on to your chest piece yet? I'm still a little worried that my chest piece is still a little too small and will have to remake it at a larger scale. I did move on to the torso piece and had to do some after being made additions to the sides to allow for my larger midsection to fit. But it's rubbing up against the chest piece, so it's either widen it with homemade supports, or build a bigger chest piece.

But alas, I had to shelve my robo build for now. I finally have the supplies to finish my kids Iron Man build so I'm rushing to get it done by Halloween. Once I continue with my robo build I'll post more pics of it.

It took me a while to do it, but I have finished the first stage of my chest piece. I still have to put on the minor details but I will do this once I am ready to finish it. I ended up building it, then cutting it apart and gluing back together only to remove a bit more and have to stick it back together. I am now going to use the pep files as a base for the build and modify each part so it is more like the movie suit. The chest piece took ages and nearly drove me insane but it was worth it in the end.

I am now going to design my own torso using a trimmed wetsuit as the base, building on top of it. I am going to do the thighs at the same time to make sure I get a nice fit with the two. I will be modifying the peps to make the base for the thighs and build up on them as well. If you look at the movie version of the suit, it is very chunky which is the look I want. The other thing I need to make sure I get right is the height of the thighs. They need to come right up to the top of the hip bone, this will then make the chest piece look right. When the thigh does not come high enough you end up with this massive torso section, that then makes the chest look to small, even if it is sized correctly. I would say leave your chest piece as is until you have the thighs done. Dont be afraid of going to bulky either, the original 87 suit was meant to be slim line like the current version is, until they decided to make it look like a beefed up body builder. Its meant to be large and thats what we all love about it. He went from this skinny little man into this huge and mean looking robot.

Here is the link to the video blog for the chest piece, I go through what I did and why I did it in a lot more detail. http://youtu.be/tQmGMVgjovI

I will be working on the suit almost full time in September so I can get the first stage of the whole suit done before I get to busy with my wedding photography business. If you want to keep updated like my Facebook page www.facebook.com/fxfuzion I will be posting a lot of pics once I go all hard core on this build in a couple of weeks. I will get off my ass and get a thread going for the suit as well.

Keep at it mate once you have finished your sons suit, I will be looking for some progress pics in the not to distant future.

Here is the link to the video blog for the chest piece, I go through what I did and why I did it in a lot more detail. http://youtu.be/tQmGMVgjovI

I will be working on the suit almost full time in September so I can get the first stage of the whole suit done before I get to busy with my wedding photography business. If you want to keep updated like my Facebook page www.facebook.com/fxfuzion I will be posting a lot of pics once I go all hard core on this build in a couple of weeks. I will get off my ass and get a thread going for the suit as well.

Keep at it mate once you have finished your sons suit, I will be looking for some progress pics in the not to distant future.

LOL, actually it's for my 10 year old DAUGHTER! Yeah, she's THAT cool.

And I thought the same thing with the chest too. The arm holes were a bit snug, but it never crossed my mind to alter it that far. I may have to do some more trimming on the top side. I also agree that it did take a long time on the chest piece, but was WELL worth the effort.

You propose an interesting concept for the torso area. I look forward to seeing you construct it and the finished product out of the wetsuit.

I'm not afraid to go bigger, I just am too lazy and don't want to have to do it. But like I was saying, it does get a lil snug around my mid section at the bottom of the chest piece and I plan on using the paper file he has for the torso. But I'm not doing anything new just yet til it's all hardened and together so I know if I have to or not. The most important thing I need right now...well after my kids suit is done...is to just make a duct tape mannequin of myself so I can piece it together and check the fit.

Last edited:
Awesome! my boy is on at me to make him a suit as well, except his is for a super hero he made up.

I too really need the duct tape mannequin, not sure how zombie Joe will take it though.

Build by me. Painted by the client Sam McClellan

imagejpg3_zps60bb39ca.jpg

imagejpg1_zps5354f77f.jpg

imagejpg1_zps5354f77f.jpg

imagejpg4_zps756ae1b6.jpg

Wow nice work mate!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I have started my own thread on the suit I am building. http://www.therpf.com/f24/robocop-foam-suit-build-224417/

Keep up the good work Robo fans! Love seeing all the different suits that are being made

Hi Laelle...wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the pepakura files for Robocop...because of you, i was able to create the foam Robocop suit for comic con india cosplay contest and i won the grand prize as well.thanks a million. U r a boon on this earth... respect:)

Hi Laelle...wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the pepakura files for Robocop...because of you, i was able to create the foam Robocop suit for comic con india cosplay contest and i won the grand prize as well.thanks a million. U r a boon on this earth... respect:)

Congrats, nicely done! I saw some of the pics as well. :)

Hey there, a couple of members pointed out that the 4shared file links were showing as corrupted, so I dumped the load of them and moved everything over to Mediafire. All of the links should now be live again, if there are any problems let me know. Thanks!

Gang, is it possible for anyone to create some unfolded PDFs for me? I'm buried deep in the Mac ecosystem, and don't have access to a PC to load unfolding programs on. :/
I'd really like to give this a crack for a 1/1 display!! Thanks in advance!

Gang, is it possible for anyone to create some unfolded PDFs for me? I'm buried deep in the Mac ecosystem, and don't have access to a PC to load unfolding programs on. :/
I'd really like to give this a crack for a 1/1 display!! Thanks in advance!

This should be all of the PDFs for paper, finally got it working:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0j93olmp9hjexcs/1213+Robocop+default+paper+PDFs.zip

Everything is at default scale as the original files were :thumbsup

Loving the suit build, inspired me to make my own!!! Have run in to a hurdle already though :facepalm The Pepakura templates for the chest, dont give the forms/templates for the right hand side (arm socket and right throax), is this a simple case of cut out two of the left side and flip it over to mirror it?

Sorry if this is a very simple question, but looking at 3D model the right shoulder of the chest is made up differently. Any help appreciated.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back