Robocop: The Original for Pepakura **8/29 1st post update, foam glove**

laellee

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've wanted to build a decent robocop suit for a couple of years now, but with work and other projects I haven't had a lot of free time. I had also hoped to take the lazy route and use someone else's peps, but unfortunately not much is out there and the stuff I found was pretty much garbage. There are (and have been) some great builds of this suit here on the RPF, but I wanted a fairly accurate full Pepakura file to build from.

Long story short, I've given up looking and decided to model robocop myself. I've started a thread to get feedback and quite honestly keep me motivated to get this done in the next couple of months (blatant optimism :lol).

***UPDATED 8/2913***
Foam glove template added, Skull Reveal and textured Peter Weller Face pep added to first post.

FILES RELEASED:
***DEFAULT SUIT SCALE IS 490.00 FOR A 6’2” PERSON***
***DEFAULT HELMET SCALE IS 9.00 (needs to be scaled)***

robocopv1helmet.png

HELMET FILES:
Robocop V1 Helmet modeled and unfolded by laellee
Robocop V1 Helmet Plugs (if you want to make your own inserts, PICTURE OF PLUGS HERE)
Foam templates:
Robocop V1 Helmet modeled by laellee unfolded by Gaiatron

robocopv1neck_cowl.png

NECK WRAP FILES:
Robocop V1 Neck Seal modeled by laellee
Foam templates:
Robocop V1 Neck Seal modeled by laellee foam template

CHEST FILES:
Robocop V1 Chest modeled by laellee
Robocop V1 Chest Rings and Shoulder Spacers modeled by laellee
Foam templates: (shoulder rings included in template)
Robocop V1 Chest and Shoulder Rings modeled by laellee unfolded by Gaiatron
Robocop V1 Shoulder Pads (spacers) modeled by laellee unfolded by Gaiatron

TORSO FILES:
Robocop V1 Torso modeled by laellee
Foam templates:
Robocop V1 Torso modeled by laellee unfolded by Gaiatron

COD FILES:
Robocop V1 Cod modeled by laellee
Foam templates:
Robocop V1 Cod modeled by laellee unfolded by Gaiatron

robocopv1bothbiceps.png

BICEP FILES:
Robocop V1 Right Bicep modeled by laellee (paper pep)
Robocop V1 Left Bicep modeled by laellee (paper pep)
Foam templates:
Robocop V1 Right Bicep modeled by laellee unfolded by Gaiatron
Robocop V1 Left Bicep modeled by laellee unfolded by Gaiatron

robocopv1complete_forearm.png

FOREARM FILES (UPPER AND LOWER SHOWN AS ONE PIECE ABOVE):
Robocop V1 Upper Forearm modeled by laellee (paper pep)
Robocop V1 Lower Forearm modeled by laellee (paper pep)
Foam templates:
Robocop V1 Upper Forearm modeled by laellee unfolded by Gaiatron
Robocop V1 Lower Forearm modeled by laellee unfolded by Gaiatron

robocopv1startergloves.png

GLOVE STARTER FILES:
Robocop V1 Starter glove (paper pep)
Robocop V1 Starter glove (foam template)

robocopv1boththighs.png

THIGH FILES:
Robocop V1 Left Thigh modeled by laellee (paper pep)
Robocop V1 Right Thigh modeled by laellee (paper pep)
Foam templates:
Robocop V1 Left Thigh modeled by laellee foam template by Gaiatron
Robocop V1 Right Thigh modeled by laellee foam template by Gaiatron

robocopv1leftshin.png

SHIN FILES:
Robocop V1 Left Shin modeled by laellee (paper pep)
Foam Templates:
Robocop V1 Left Shin modeled by laellee foam template by Gaiatron

robocopv1legpiston.png

LEG PISTON FILE:
Robocop V1 Piston Assembly modeled by laellee (paper pep)

robocopv1leftshoe.png

SHOE FILES:
Robocop V1 Left Shoe modeled by laellee (paper pep)

Foam Templates:
Robocop V1 Left Foot foam template

EXPOSED SKULL SECTION

Robocop V1 Skull Reveal by laellee
This is password protected, you'll need to PM me if you want to rescale.

Peter Weller Face Pep by laellee
This is password protected, you'll need to PM me if you want to rescale.

IMPORTANT NOTES ON THIS:
1- I modeled the reveal over a couple of nights, it's just meant to be a nice fill or base to use rather than suddenly picking up sculpting lol. It's also sectioned up to allow adjusting to fit (for instance the jaw sections are separate, ad will need to be turned in to fit)
2- The front sections of the reveal are modeled to tuck inside the face, so they will need trimming back as needed.
3- The base neck ring is not included in the pep, it's just a cut-down robocop neck-wrap used for positioning.
4- This pep has a lot of small parts, and unusual shapes. and many (like the piston ends) will have to be trimmed accordingly as well.
5- Yeah, I know that Murphy's missing his bullet hole. I was happy to just get my face at a lower poly count.
6- The default scale is at 1. I DID NOT reference my helmet file at all while I modeled the reveal, so don't expect them to fit together nicely.

HELMET SCALING NOTE: The prototype (V1) helmet default scale is 9.00, as of 1/25 I'm working out a good scale comparison. I'm sure it will need tweaking to fit properly, so it is a 3-piece helmet at this point. I also included a pep to build plugs only into the ear and rear plate recess, if you would rather finish these another way (the pepping is quite small).
CHEST, TORSO AND COD SCALING NOTE: The shoulders of the chest piece actually ride a couple of inches over the mannequin shoulders. I have included a pair of shoulder pads (with the ring pep file) to help estimate where the chest armor rest on the wearer’s shoulders. Please take this space into account when scaling to fit. I recommend using the point-to-point measurement tool in Pepakura to estimate scaling. Import the chest, torso, cod, and shoulder pads into Pepakura, and then measure from the bottom of a shoulder pad to the bottom of the cod. This measurement is approximately 27.15" (690mm) in default scale.

SCALING INFORMATION:
I have modeled the suit files to a default scale of 490 for a 6’2” (1829mm) person. As with any Pepakura build, individual pieces may have to be scaled to fit a particular person better. Also, keep in mind that these files were modeled from scratch around a static 3d body, so I make no guarantees for the wearability and range of movement in the suit or helmet. This is my first modeling of robocop, so it will be as much a learning experience for me building this as anyone else. I obviously know this model better than anyone, so if you have any questions I will try to answer them. If you do truly wish to build this, I ask that you also read the updates in this first post completely to eliminate answering the same question a dozen times in the thread.Thanks for your interest in my project.

Thank you as well GAIATRON for your foam unfolding help!

DEFAULT SUIT SCALE IS 490.00 FOR A 6’2” PERSON.
DEFAULT HELMET SCALE IS 9.00 (needs to be scaled)

****************************** Terms of Use ******************************

I am sharing these PDO files for use building paper craft models and/or to use them as foam templates to build foam parts. My files are not currently password protected, and I am sharing them so that other people may also build their own personal pieces. No one should use these PDO files to take the 3D models that I have worked so very hard on. If you would like the 3D model for something then please PM me for permission. Thank you.

Last edited:
Re: Robocop Pepakura

That's so sick man. The model itself is extremely well done.

from currently building this by using a lot reference, building things a bunch of times.
I think I've been able to get a good eye for the suit I'm currently scratch building.

On the model, there is an issue with the "forearm plug"
The black area after the elbow piece, connected to the lower bicep.
It needs to be insterted and set on an angle, underneath the elbow section

you're probably like "wth is this guy saying?"

You can see in the black piece. It's angled on the real suit.

I think I know the reference you're using. It has some inaccurate areas. Is it this?
robocopreference_zps5137f42b.jpg

Please forgive the rough look of the part. It's just a base.
I added foam for now, to give you the idea. It's not glued in.

I hope this helps my explanation and your quest for RoboCop accuracy in pep form.
I
robocopelbow_zps2f0eb403.jpg

Last edited:

Stealth- Yep I knew about the lower forearm being angled- the japanese reference pic is good for an overall scaling, but a lot of the other details are garbage (that lower forearm looks like a TORPEDO). I am referencing only from 2d pics and photos, so yeah this would have helped a lot if it wasn't so off in some areas.

Here's where I first noticed that forearm angle you're talking about; love how the gloves are molded :lol

robocop_012b.jpg

Good luck on your build!

Lol, that's the exact pic I was going to post as well. I didn't want to load that post with so many pics but yeah, that's pretty much the deal.

I love the gloves too. I would like to try to go the latex route if I can.

Keep going man. A lot of people would be happy to build this.
RoboCop is a movie Icon.

I'm going to keep watching this thread as I'm a huge robocop fan.

:thumbsup
Lol, that's the exact pic I was going to post as well. I didn't want to load that post with so many pics but yeah, that's pretty much the deal.

I love the gloves too. I would like to try to go the latex route if I can.

Keep going man. A lot of people would be happy to build this.
RoboCop is a movie Icon.

I'm going to keep watching this thread as I'm a huge robocop fan.

Yeah I am actually looking forward to modeling those gloves. What are you planning for the undersuit? I'm thinking about the open space between the forearm and bicep, incorporating maybe large flex tube (something like oversized dryer exhaust hose) attached to the inside so that it fills the gap but allows range of movement.

Oh yeah, and I'm (obviously) already following your cinematic journey :popcorn

:thumbsup

Yeah I am actually looking forward to modeling those gloves. What are you planning for the undersuit? I'm thinking about the open space between the forearm and bicep, incorporating maybe large flex tube (something like oversized dryer exhaust hose) attached to the inside so that it fills the gap but allows range of movement.

Oh yeah, and I'm (obviously) already following your cinematic journey :popcorn

yeah, from the looks of the references. Seems to be some sort of ribbed parallel tubing as the insert. Doesn't seem like it would be too difficult. I'd only use half of the tube, as it's only an illusion any way.

Re: Robocop: The Original for Pepakura

12/26 Abdomen and cod starting to come together. The original suit had a one-piece cod and torso, then switched to a two-piece to increase movement and flexibility. The upper torso is also made to slide freely into the chest, allowing sitting/bending/etc....

1226renderd.png

Last edited:

Thanks for the support, I'm juggling too many projects right now and this is a nice distraction. :)

Warpig- As for the avatar, My friend Ron got me this pic a few years ago for help on a Delahaye-themed motorcycle I was working on. I never found the builder (or owner for that matter) so I don't know who the credit goes to. I'd ride it or use it as my coffee table. :lol

Thanks, will post updates when I can.

Took a break from the chest to start roughing in a thigh:

1229thigh.png

Was hoping to find a helmet 3dmodel to work from for chest scaling, but I think I'm just going to start from scratch and design my own with a custom neck piece. The best pep I had found was by knucklebomb (obviously helmet on left) but the proportions aren't working for me:

bombhelmets.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back