Robocop: The Original for Pepakura **8/29 1st post update, foam glove**

Re: Robocop: The Original for Pepakura

.... DO THIS! A scaled back portion in urethane/latex/whatever you want that can slightly clamshell onto a skull cap would be perfect to me. I always end up tearing my skull caps (that doesn't sound creepy) so this would allow me to have a durable back with a replaceable cap. LOVE IT.

haha I have no idea if I'll do Robocop. Maybe one day when I shave my head so I don't have to contend with hair in the helmet. I love the costume and I'd love to see someone do the metal "skull" but this costume is nowhere near the forefront for me.

If you have the chance you should try making a pep for it for others like it was suggested!

i was referring to the breast bits on his chest. you answered my question though!

keep up the sensational work!

i cant wait to see this as a pep!

Last edited:

well i had a face structure similar to murphy's :lol so i think i'll freehand that artificial skull thing :)

keep this rolling. .

well i had a face structure similar to murphy's :lol so i think i'll freehand that artificial skull thing :)

keep this rolling. .

Well, since some of my modeling software was corrupting my files, I have spent the day uninstalling and reinstalling programs to get back to work. The only high point of this is that I got to work on a 'Murphy head' in a couple of programs I'm pretty sure weren't giving my computer gremlins. Anyways, everything is reinstalled and it looks like it's working the way it should, so back to the chest work. Lesson learned, when rendering, save often and BACK EVERYTHING UP DAILY. Loving the external drive right now. :thumbsup

The texuring is making him look great, but the mesh needs tlc.
jan18wellerrender1c.png

Well, since some of my modeling software was corrupting my files, I have spent the day uninstalling and reinstalling programs to get back to work. The only high point of this is that I got to work on a 'Murphy head' in a couple of programs I'm pretty sure weren't giving my computer gremlins. Anyways, everything is reinstalled and it looks like it's working the way it should, so back to the chest work. Lesson learned, when rendering, save often and BACK EVERYTHING UP DAILY. Loving the external drive right now. :thumbsup

The texuring is making him look great, but the mesh needs tlc.
jan18wellerrender1c.png

this is perfect. . .now get a gun and shoot it on the head :lol

I took advantage of my newly-replaced software to get the chest into shape. I modeled the shoulder rings to be separate in Pepakura to make pepping a little easier.

jan19frontchestrender.png

jan19rearchestrender.png

You have a bullet hole in your forehead? :lol

18145.gif

i had cheek bones and nose like his. . .well the eyes. .i'll just use contacts :unsure

:behave i may have to shoot myself just to get the bullet hole part though :lol

Starting to divide the proto suit into the individual files. The individual files are as follows:

Helmet- 3 pieces
Neck wrap- 1 piece, still working out sectioning*
Chest-3 pieces (2 shoulder ring assemblies)
Lower torso- 2 pieces (abdomen and cod)

Biceps- 1 piece each (not symmetrical)
Forearm- 1 piece each? still working out sectioning*

Thighs- 1 piece each (not symmetrical)
Shins- 2 pieces each? still working out sectioning*
Feet- 1 piece body & 1 hinged toe section each*
Leg Pistons- 2 pieces each

* still finishing detailing

The pieces that will need to be scaled together are bicep+forearm and the thigh+shin. I have modeled gloves, but they need a lot of work so I'm stepping away from those now.
Sorry for the delay in releasing files, but I though it was a bad idea to start before the chest was scaled properly. I am hoping to have the chest ready for unfold before Monday. I am setting the scaling this evening, the helmet will (as usual) be in a different scale than the suit components. I would like to build a helmet test file.

jan19bust.png

Really cool start! I once shared a dressing room with a promo guy who put on a Robo cop fiberglass suit supplied by the studio. Only problem was he put the calf pieces on backward...didn't notice till I reviewed a photo of us together later . It looked like someone had turned his shins backward! ....ha! Keep going .....want to see the finished suit.

Really cool start! I once shared a dressing room with a promo guy who put on a Robo cop fiberglass suit supplied by the studio. Only problem was he put the calf pieces on backward...didn't notice till I reviewed a photo of us together later . It looked like someone had turned his shins backward! ....ha! Keep going .....want to see the finished suit.

That's hilarious :lol

The chest is being unfolded now, followed shortly by the lower torso and cod pieces. As pieces are finished, I'll update in the first post, along with file and scale information. Thanks for being patient!

chest_pdo_pic.png

this is too cool.
classic robocop. cant get any better than this.

Your 3D work is amazing!
Like everyone that has seen this thread I'm waiting with baited breath for a look at the finish product.

Keep up the fantastic work.

and here is the chest in full foam glory:

robocop chest by laellee foam template by gaiatron - Download - 4shared

note: some details like the air vent on the right breast, and on the battery pack(dunno what its called) located on the back, can be etched, traced or stenciled using hot soldering rod or heated up flat head precision screw driver so you wont be having a hard time gluing parts on the details.

enjoy your chest build guys and gals.

Last edited:

When the foam template is connected like that, how do you cut it up? Or do you really have to print it like that :confused

refer to JFcustom's speed foam pepping technique.:cool

when printing, be sure that the "print alignment marks" option is set.

is this going to be made available as a paper pep file at all? i know it takes a lot longer to do that but i think i speak for a lot of people when i say i'd very much appreciate it!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back