Robocop: The Original for Pepakura **8/29 1st post update, foam glove**

Re: Robocop: The Original for Pepakura

Thanks for the support!

Chin strap is coming along...

jan14helmetrendera.png

Woah! You work so fast and clean! I'm starting to like it! :rolleyes

Thanks, it's coming along! This is my break from catching up to you on your IP builds :lol

...The rear plate upper section I've been hashing out tonight. The perspective in this render sucks, but it gives you an idea of the direction I'm going. I should start tweaking and working on the lower rear plate section, but I've been staring at this head too long tonight. Thanks for looking!

jan15helmetbackrenderd.png

Wow these models are just so detailed and perfect! Great job!

Well thanks! It'll be interesting to see how much of a hassle this thing is to build, hopefully not too painful.
BTW Jackie, bet you can guess what I'm working on right now... :cheers

Amazing work! And it's even better that you are a fellow Minnesotan! Once you start building, let me know if you need any help, or once it's done I want to check it out in person! Heh

I forgot to mention, I moved back across the river, so I am a Minnesotan no more. I have lived all over that city though. Well, except for north Minneapolis :behave

The biceps are done to my satisfaction. Mirroring them would have been nice, but Robocop's left bicep has a lot more panel detail than it's counterpart, and the back details are different as well. Anyways, I put together both to be a little more accurate. I shrank the armpit hole on both as well. to allow for trimming and a little more wall strength when building. The arm holes on the original suit ran all the way out to the edges for mobility.

Here are the biceps (with upper forearms attached):
(rear left, rear right, front right, front left)
jan16combination_render.png

I didn't want to just model tabs for the elbow joint and call it a day, so instead I added retainers. After i finish fiberglassing the bicep and forearm sections, these will allow me to flex the forearm tabs and pop the joints together. Traditional bolts can also be installed for a more permanent fit.

jan16renderc.png

Robocop has a head! I rescaled the chest, torso, and legs to fit a more average build. The helmet has not been properly modeled to the neck cowling, so the head may look a bit off, and the final chest smoothing and detailing is still MIA.

jan16renderfullcomposite2.png

dead or alive, i'm gonna build this one for i was waiting to become one since i saw the 1st movie. another project added next to WM MKII, gavan, and IM MKIII or VII.

Robocop has a head! I rescaled the chest, torso, and legs to fit a more average build. The helmet has not been properly modeled to the neck cowling, so the head may look a bit off, and the final chest smoothing and detailing is still MIA.

jan16renderfullcomposite2.png

don't tempt me. . .i want... noooooo. . . .those legs. . .the boots . . .man. . .the arms. . .the whole thing :thumbsup

:facepalm i was thinking of building this in the "old-fashioned" paper pep. . .

i was wondering if you could manage to make a model of murphy's artificial skull (without the outer helmet exposing his face). . .

i was wondering if you could manage to make a model of murphy's artificial skull (without the outer helmet exposing his face). . .

Oh man, if someone made that and then cast it in latex or rubber or something to wear as like a skull cap or under the helmet, that would be bad ass.

OMGGGGG!!! I'm here for my first awesome pepakura in making XD and it's Robocop!!!! Awesome days and Awe Inspiring Job laellee!!!!!!

This is really turning out great !!
so impressive.
dead or alive, i'm gonna build this one for i was waiting to become one since i saw the 1st movie. another project added next to WM MKII, gavan, and IM MKIII or VII.
don't tempt me. . .i want... noooooo. . . .those legs. . .the boots . . .man. . .the arms. . .the whole thing :thumbsup

Thanks, I appreciate it! I just hope that it's buildable in a reasonably wearable way. I know it will assemble, but Robocop's range of motion sucks in the first place, and I want this to be a reasonably wearable suit. I guess I'll see soon enough :popcorn

real eff-ing bad ass :rolleyes...
:facepalm i was thinking of building this in the "old-fashioned" paper pep. . .
That's how I am building it. A LOT of cutting and fitting, but I just prefer the strength and finish of fiberglass over paper. I would like to see a foam build where those circles are built in a stack and glued together. Much less frustrating than paper.

I can do that. The helmet components ended up being a much larger pain in the #"*"* than I thought they would be, and there are parts I still don't really like, but the experience I got from that make modeling the artificial skull much easier for me. I would probably just model over the entire rear half of my human bust render, and then it would have to be scaled to roughly fit your head while wearing a skull cap. OOOORRRRRR....
Oh man, if someone made that and then cast it in latex or rubber or something to wear as like a skull cap or under the helmet, that would be bad ass.

.... DO THIS! A scaled back portion in urethane/latex/whatever you want that can slightly clamshell onto a skull cap would be perfect to me. I always end up tearing my skull caps (that doesn't sound creepy) so this would allow me to have a durable back with a replaceable cap. LOVE IT.

so much love for this. are you going to be adding a curve to the erm breasts?

What is an erm breasts? If you mean forearms, they are slightly angled after the upper trim. If you mean breasts, I'm still shaping the chest. :)

OMGGGGG!!! I'm here for my first awesome pepakura in making XD and it's Robocop!!!! Awesome days and Awe Inspiring Job laellee!!!!!!

Thanks!

I am looking for a decent 3d model of Peter Weller's head that is available if anyone has one. I'm going to put together a static display to store my suit when it's finished, and I'd rather have his face. If not, oh well.

Fun fact of the day: When looking up Peter Weller's height and weight to see how he fit in the suit, I determined he's about 5'10", but no weight.
Funner fact: I accidentally found Robocop stats. 6'0", 300lbs. Lightweight.
Funnest Fact: Peter Weller has never seen Robocop 3. He even knows it sucked.

**edit**
Found a face cast for $32.50 priority shipped to me. Great price if it's as good as it looks.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...w=91&start=0&ndsp=65&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0,i:103

Last edited:

**edit**
Found a face cast for $32.50 priority shipped to me. Great price if it's as good as it looks.

Haunted Studios. That's where I got mine. They're *great* people to deal with! It's a lifemask taken from Weller in makeup; can't get much moe accurate than that!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back