Robocop: The Original for Pepakura **8/29 1st post update, foam glove**

Re: Robocop: The Original for Pepakura

Warpig, Yup don't have much use for the Three Stooges Robohead. Might make a sweet cookie jar though...:lol

12/30... Some upper thigh sculpting...
up1230upperthigh.png

This is awsome.
Amazed at your progress in such a short time.

side note...
Whats the deal with the "bike" in your avatar?
Yours?

I was going to tackle the mk3 iron man for my first build, but i may wait for this...looks awesome! Keep up the good work!

hi Laellee, i am also interested in doing robocop suit, how can i have a copy of your pep files, i been looking for this for so long hope you can help me. thanks :rolleyes

Thanks for the support!

@usajdm- Still haven't found the owner of this motorcycle, wish I could to get proper permission for a build1

@joeart- It will be a while before any pepakura files are ready.

I also had some people asking me about the modeling and it's accuracy to film/ etc.. so I hopefully I can clear this up a little:
1- Different suits (6 or 7?) were used through all three of the original Robocop movies, so generally speaking there is no single 'robocop' design. I am taking cues from the second movie's primary suit, because I like the details and it had a lot of improvements in manueverability from movie 1.
2- This is an initial model for eventual Pepakura. Some details will be kept, while others may be omitted to make the Pepakura easier. I'm working with 2d images, not previous 3d models or toys, and I do adjust parts to make them more fit-friendly. I can always change things later.
3- I am modeling out the opening leg holster mechanism, but I have NO IDEA how well it will fit into a worn leg yet. I want it too of course, but I need to finish general scale modeling before I can work out details like that.

Thanks for checking out my work so far.

102shin.png

I'll be watching this too. I looked around a while back for some pep files and found one for the head. I'll have to check if it is the same one mentioned before.

I'll be watching this too. I looked around a while back for some pep files and found one for the head. I'll have to check if it is the same one mentioned before.

There are a couple out there that I've picked up. Both were proportioned pretty poorly, just bad to me. I will probably start on the new helmet model tomorrow, it's fairly straightforward and will look A LOT BETTER than the helmet posted above. Cheers!

I FOUND THE BIKE!!

It's a 1930 Henderson (I *knew* I had seen it somewhere before!)

Read about it here: Art deco custom motorcycle

art-deco-motorcycle.jpg

My grandfather had a Henderson (don't know if it was one of these) for a short time. A four-cylinder beast!

Sorry for the hijack, but the bike was causing the thread to warp from all of us drooling.

HAHAHAHA I just messaged you before seeing this1 THANK YOU! That solves a 6-year mystery for me at least. Nicely done, now I can start looking for blueprints... :love

103leg.png

Quite a bit more work put into the legs today... I need to start cleaning up my sorry excuse for a chest.
104render.png

Quite a bit more work put into the legs today... I need to start cleaning up my sorry excuse for a chest.
PICTURE

That pic makes an old Robocop fan feel very happy! The job you do is.. I don't know how to say it but: AMAZING!

Started roughing out a foot this evening. These will end up with hinged toe sections like the original to help walking, and there's plenty of room inside for street shoes and a 1"+ lift if needed.
106footstart.png

really amazing you are making a great job, Robocop classic it´s a must have for everyone

What size person will this fit (based on your current scale)? I'm just over 6'2", and weigh 208 lbs. I have a bit of a paunch, but I figure I could either get a compression top, or build the abdomen to work as a corset :D

What size person will this fit (based on your current scale)? I'm just over 6'2", and weigh 208 lbs. I have a bit of a paunch, but I figure I could either get a compression top, or build the abdomen to work as a corset :D

At 6'2" the narrow torso point is 35.5". The lower torso can slide in and out of the chest section, and this will allow a lot of extra adjustment for both torso length and diameter. The arms,legs, gloves and feet will also be separately scalable in Pepakura. The shins might get a little tricky; a two-piece is pretty much a guarantee.

**edit** those measurements are torso interior, and 6'2" compensated for helmet and shoes**

...coming along slowly...
106bfoot.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back