Licensed Hellboy comic book props

"Yep, they have big plans... lots of Hellboy/BPRD pieces to come (for at least a couple years, I would imagine."

Some great HB props on the Skelton page. Tim, are you going to offer the resurrection amulet via Skelton? Have to admit I would like to see that one available again.

Last edited:
Not to throw this thread off but does anyone know if in skeltons new year post for locke & key props when he meant a commonly requested key if he was referring to the giant size key that was in the back of the final Locke and Key book

Last edited:
Some great HB props on the Skelton page. Tim, are you going to offer the resurrection amulet via Skelton? Have to admit I would like to see that one available again.

No, I don't have plans to do anything like that. I'm not privy to Skelton Crew's plans for the line, so I have no idea if they plan to ever do a similar piece. The license is strictly for comic book pieces, and the design for the amulet did originate in one of the comics, so who knows...

With the help of a friend, and a lot of tweaking, I was able to finish my 3D model of the Lemurian amulet. I've uploaded it to Shapeways and I've ordered one in polished White Strong & Flexible as a test. I hope the thread hole holds up in printing. Last time around, it closed up. Assuming the plastic version is OK, I'll order it in metal.

-MJ

With the help of a friend, and a lot of tweaking, I was able to finish my 3D model of the Lemurian amulet. I've uploaded it to Shapeways and I've ordered one in polished White Strong & Flexible as a test. I hope the thread hole holds up in printing. Last time around, it closed up. Assuming the plastic version is OK, I'll order it in metal.

Post pics :D

Here's the model. I idealized the design a bit. Mine is based on an equilateral triangle, whereas Mike Mignola's drawings are a bit asymmetrical. The whole thing is about 1 x 1 x 0.2 inches.

Looks like the turn around time is a couple weeks. I'll keep you all informed.

-MJ

Attachments

• Talisman.jpg
    Talisman.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 94
My 3D printed plastic prototype is on it's way.

On a related note, inspired by Tim's prop, I'm close to making my own Kalakistan Fragments, thanks to Illustrator's auto-trace function and Amazon.com's supply of papyrus. I have a nice old sheet of parchment I should bleach the printing off of and use to make some Cavendish Parchments, but that would also involve me aging the parchment before I printed on it, which makes it less likely to be done.

-MJ

Got my Lemurian Talisman yesterday. Everything looks correct, which is good. The thread hole did not fill in, which makes me cautiously optimistic about my metal version, though I know they are made using very different methods. The down side is, I have discovered my talisman is smaller than I'd like it to be, which necessitates a lot of very meticulous tweaking in Solidworks. I may put that off till the weekend.

-MJ

Well, at least you found out before printing in a metal :p.

You could get a clean print and then cold cast a few as another option. though I don't suppose metal prints that size would be too expensive.

Got my Lemurian Talisman yesterday. Everything looks correct, which is good. The thread hole did not fill in, which makes me cautiously optimistic about my metal version, though I know they are made using very different methods. The down side is, I have discovered my talisman is smaller than I'd like it to be, which necessitates a lot of very meticulous tweaking in Solidworks. I may put that off till the weekend.

-MJ

I suppose I could, but:

A. That would be my first time molding and casting
B. I want the heft of solid metal.

Thanks for the advice, though :)

-MJ

Exactly. I'm going to try to enlarge it, which I fear will be difficult, and then I'll have it printed in wax, which Shapeways will then mold in plaster and lost wax cast. Not sure what my final material will be. Brass or bronze or something gold-plated.

I'm looking forward to that Ogdru Jahad amulet...

...And if they would hurry up and release it, I wouldn't have​ to go off-topic...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back