Licensed Hellboy comic book props

Tim, which of the Skelton Crew Hellboy replicas were sculpted by you? I know the Agrippa charm is (and they credit you appropriately on their website.) Any of the others that are currently available (or in development)?

Also, thanks for your run of metal corpse resurrection amulets last year. You have quite a flair for bringing Mignola's creations off the page!

No, none of the others that are currently available.

I did do another master for an upcoming piece, but I can't discuss it - sorry.

Excellent! Can't wait to see it! :D
Yeah, I can't wait to see the finished product :)

ohhh :devil more Hellboy props from them in the future as well. :cool nice!
Yep, they have big plans... lots of Hellboy/BPRD pieces to come (for at least a couple years, I would imagine). Here's a pic of an upcoming piece from Israel Skelton's Twitter feed:

frog.jpg

Received the Agrippa Charm and the Elf Shot the other day.

Pics of the Agrippa Charm:

Agrippa00.jpg

Agrippa02.jpg

Agrippa03.jpg

Here's the Skelton Crew piece with its "little brother" - my original Agrippa Charm that I did 14 years ago:

Agrippa04.jpg

And here are the first two releases, Bishop Zriny's silver button and the magical nail of the Bog Roosh...

Zriny01.jpg

Zriny02.jpg

The tag signed by Mike Mignola:

Zriny03.jpg

BogRoosh01.jpg

BogRoosh02.jpg

The tag signed by Israel Skelton:

BogRoosh03.jpg

And here's a comparison of the Skelton Crew piece with the nail that I did about 4 years ago (mine is slightly smaller):

BogRoosh04.jpg

BogRoosh05.jpg

And Skelton Crew just posted a news update:

'In our Artifact Archive Collection, look for Vasilisa’s Comb, Mohlomi’s Bell and the Ogdru Jahad amulet from “The Island” and more from the “Hellboy” and “B.P.R.D.” universe.'

I love the packaging of their props!
D48thRonin - that is some awesome work! I like the aged details on your nail. I'm pretty dang excited to get more from Skeleton Crew!

I love the packaging of their props!
Yeah, pretty good. But not quite as awesome as the stuff that Phelyx included with his corpse locators - that was crazy cool.

D48thRonin - that is some awesome work! I like the aged details on your nail. I'm pretty dang excited to get more from Skeleton Crew!
Thanks. Mine is solid bronze with a chemical patina and a wax finish. Even with the wax it looks like it has darkened a bit with age o_O Might have to do something about that...

Last edited:
I have nearly every comic from the Hellboy universe (BPRD, Witchfinder, Lobster Johnson etc.) going back to the early 90's, plus almost all of the mezco action figures. I may have to invest in some Skeleton Crew props for my comic shelf.
Love your comic version of the gun. The fact that the barrel is as large and in the same centerline as the cylinder always made me think maybe he was shooting a flare gun.

I notice that someone is reselling some of the Skeleton Crew Studio pieces on ebay for over $100 per piece.
I'm going to wait until taxl return time to pick up the licensed pieces from Skelton, but decided to make a few home made bits for my Hellboy shelf in the interim.
My attempts at the Agrippa, Bishop Zrinyi Button, Lemurian Charm and Edel mischrasse (made mostly from epoxy putty and wood. The Lemurian charm is gold leafed).
12127489834_a143683f47_o.jpg

I still need to finish the edel mischrasse medal, add lanyards/chains and display them on the hellboy comic/action figure shelf. The United Cutlery "The Shadow" dagger is standing ing for a Lipu dagger.
12127370103_c88c0144f8_o.jpg

I´ve got the nail and bishop´s button , these are top quality! (I got these first because there were still units with signature)
I´ve just ordered Agripa´s charm and Elf shot.
I hope they will reléase the Lemurian charm. It is one thing I wanted to get for a long time... ( I discovered D48thRonin thread too late years ago)

I hope they will release the Lemurian charm. It is one thing I wanted to get for a long time... ( I discovered D48thRonin thread too late years ago)

You and me both. I used TinkerCad to make one in 3D, then sent it off to Shapeways to get printed in metal. It's not terribly accurate, which was to be expected with the limited tools at my disposal. I'm in the process of trying to rebuild it from scratch in SolidWorks. I don't know how easy that will be.

-MJ

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back