Help me make my Obi-Wan Lightsaber, please?

Stevi

Hello all! Since I'm new to these forums and don't really know my way around, I figured I should straight out ask for help. I'm looking to build an Obi-Wan saber, but I don't know where to find the parts. I hear about websites or people like TCSS, Parks, Russrep (no idea where to find this guy), etc. I haven't started my saber yet and would also like to know if there were places to purchase parts from retailers (dislike purchasing online, yet will if no other sources). I do not have any parts as of now so that means I'll be needing the whole set. The only thing I don't want the saber to have is a soundboard. I am thinking of stringing LED lights together for the blade.

Some questions I have are:
Do I need a soundboard for an illuminated saber?
Where can I get aluminum and copper parts?

Russrep is a member here, and sells parts periodically in the junkyard. As for retailers, you won't find these parting any store.

It really depends on what you're looking for. As you're well aware, Obi Wans come in different appearances depending on the episode you're talking about...

TCSS is good for source aluminum parts to build a duel worthy (but NOT thin necked) Obi Wan.

If you want thin necked ANH PROP - Parks might be your best economical bet, although their shipping time leaves something to be desired (took about a month literally to get mine shipped out).

If you want a fully functional saber with sound effects, check out LDM / General Grevious at TCSS / FX saber forums. http://www.ldmcustomsabers.com/

If you want to try to build your own from the most movie-accurate parts, then I would say Russrep is the way to go.

From what you're talking about it sounds like you want a "Stunt saber" (i.e. lights, but no sounds). That can be easily achieved - although technically for a thin necked Obi Wan, you probably do not really want to duel with it. Again, if you want to have someone help you, check out LDM - he specializes in the Obi Wan. If you want to try and DIY from parts and you have some resources / machinery to help you, then maybe check out Russrep or Parks.

Hope that helps in some way,
-C

Hi,

i worked on a project that could interest you,if you want a fx really accurate obiwan I can help.
You will have to buy a static parks MK3,then send me some parts for modifications and custom parts made by myself,then you will have something like this:

sabre_10.jpg

After Russ based parts saber,the static MK3 is one of the best available source for a fx saber,less work,some pieces to replace,but it's a quite "easy" job,unlike russ based sabers that will need a completely custom internal machining.
A fully russ saber will cost about 500$ for the parts(russ,clamp)then you add the customm pieces and machining.
For a parks you can go with a 225$ basis for saber,then add emitter machining(I sold my first one for 100€ about 130$) then you add recharge port sounds light and weathering and you have the saber on the photo...
I think it can make a "less than 500 bucks " accurate fx saber

If you don't want sound it will be easier,and cheaper too!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums. Russ is always doing a run. LOL He really is one of the best ever. And a guy you can trust. Everyone here will tell you he is top notch.

Don't be afraid to check the Junkyard posts for "for sale" items. Sometimes you can find items on sale there.

Good luck!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back