Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

These appear to be V2.1. Now whether he has them is a different story. I've asked for closeup photos.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/air-mag-back-future-led-shoes-high-top-marty/407464290.html

I sent you a link for V2s.

The image in the DH seems dodgy. The first 2 images are V3 and then it changes to V2.1. The price is about right for a V2.1 now, but still twice the ebay page. And remember, with eBay, you get a full refund if the item sent is not the same as described.

So here's a question... what does DHgate do if the seller sends the wrong shoes?

I've had an exchange with the seller. He either doesn't know the difference, or is blatantly trying to scam me.

When I asked for photos, he sent me 2 sets of photos. The first ones are standard V2s. The second appears to me to be V3s.

Here is the first set he sent:

other_2072922270_00.jpgother_2072922276_00.jpgother_2072922280_00.jpgother_2072922291_00.jpg

Here's the second set he sent:

other_2072923095_00.jpgother_2072923106_00.jpgother_2072923112_00.jpg

My response to him was this:

Which set of photos are the ones for sale? The second set of photos are the ones I want to buy. The first set is the old version of the shoe.
Also, the first set does not have LED straps, and the second one does.

He responded with this:

We can send the second set to you. You can give me the photo you want.

I know there's no way I'm getting V3s for $213. I'm just trying to figure out what happens if he says he sending me the ones from the second set of photos and I get the first ones. What does DHgate do in that instance?

I sent you a link for V2s.

The image in the DH seems dodgy. The first 2 images are V3 and then it changes to V2.1. The price is about right for a V2.1 now, but still twice the ebay page. And remember, with eBay, you get a full refund if the item sent is not the same as described.

These sites can be a cheap place to buy, but you also take risks doing so. The sellers just list their products there and can disappear over night. If something goes wrong, hopefully you get your money back.

My story, - So when the V2s first appeared in 2012, the asking price was $109USD. Like many, I jumped in only to get an email from the seller that the price is wrong and if I want the shoes, I need you to send more money. I have to say, it left a nasty taste in my mouth. My bank didn't want to know about buying out of China, but lucky the site had buyers protection and after 45 or days, I was refunded.

I've been watching. I kind of have my heart set on 2.1s now. I can get away with spending about $250 right now.

I have had two very close calls with dhgate sellers. One didn't have any left in my size. The other said he had them, then said that they factory that makes them is closed and they're poor quality.

The auction that DragonGalvy shared was looking good ($200) but they ended the acution and listed them at $350. They are V2.1s.

I'm waiting for an email from Karin who said she's see if she could get them, and there's another seller on DHgate that has photos of V2.1 on the product page, which, as we all know, doesn't mean that's what they have.

Holding on to hope.

Id just get a v3.1

With a v2 you are not getting a good product.

The difference in accuracy is worth the extra for v3.
Trust me. Dont bother.

If you really cant get the v3.

You are better off getting the sports version off aliexpress for around $100 than trying to find the old v2.1.

At least its dirt cheap and almost the same as normal v2 but with a slightly short upper half.

The difference between the v3 and v2 is worlds apart. The soles, the uppers etc

I'd love to, but there's no way I'm convincing the wife to be ok with me spending $400-$500.

I thought the look of the 2.1 is better than those sports. I've spent the last couple of months learning what's what.

I figured if I could get the shoe for $200, I could buy the LED upgrade kit for $50 and not be in too much trouble.

Id just get a v3.1

With a v2 you are not getting a good product.

The difference in accuracy is worth the extra for v3.
Trust me. Dont bother.

If you really cant get the v3.

You are better off getting the sports version off aliexpress for around $100 than trying to find the old v2.1.

At least its dirt cheap and almost the same as normal v2 but with a slightly short upper half.

The difference between the v3 and v2 is worlds apart. The soles, the uppers etc

@rubberpoultry
There is a little tab at the top of dhgate page that says "Buyer Protection". Their policies concerning wrong item are in there.
DHgate will provide a full refund in the event of the
following outcome(s):

You never received your item(s)

Full or partial refund if the items are not as described

You can accept a partial refund and then keep the item(s).

You can return the item(s) for a full refund

I was hoping to buy the shoes for around $200 and upgrade the strap for around $45.

I know they won't be as accurate, but for now that's about the best I can do. This is why I like the V2.1, because they look closer to the real thing.

Maybe someday I'll get these looking right... will sell them and upgrade. Seems that even the V2s when upgraded go for more than their worth on ebay.

And you spend more (than the V3) in the long run just buying all the parts to upgrade the V2s, and in the end, they are still not accurate.

I was hoping to buy the shoes for around $200 and upgrade the strap for around $45.

I know they won't be as accurate, but for now that's about the best I can do. This is why I like the V2.1, because they look closer to the real thing.

Maybe someday I'll get these looking right... will sell them and upgrade. Seems that even the V2s when upgraded go for more than their worth on ebay.

Not really. I did some mods to V2s and sold them on eBay and only really broke even.

well, the 'real pictures' look like V2.1's..... but the lack of any reviews I could see makes me question it - but then again, someone has to go first (actually bothering to leave a review) DHGate products with no reviews are always a bit of a gamble I suppose....
I don't have a V2.1 in my collection. I'd kinda like a pair...... even if I did get lectured for 'yet another pair of MAGs?' :D

That does make me nervous. But I've chatted with customer service a couple of times and they assure me if I don't get what is in the pictures they will protect the purchase.

I wish this was easier! :)

well, the 'real pictures' look like V2.1's..... but the lack of any reviews I could see makes me question it - but then again, someone has to go first (actually bothering to leave a review) DHGate products with no reviews are always a bit of a gamble I suppose....
I don't have a V2.1 in my collection. I'd kinda like a pair...... even if I did get lectured for 'yet another pair of MAGs?' :D

After chatting with customer service, and them assuring me I'd be able to dispute if that's not what he sends, I placed the order.

So my next question is... I've maybe used a solder iron once or twice. How difficult is it for a novice to solder an EL strap kit?

After chatting with customer service, and them assuring me I'd be able to dispute if that's not what he sends, I placed the order.

So my next question is... I've maybe used a solder iron once or twice. How difficult is it for a novice to solder an EL strap kit?

The trick with EL is that you DO NOT want to heat it too much. In fact, the back of the panel should never be soldered and you have to use a special copper tape. I hope you can get some of that or it is provided in the kit. Ideally you would solder to the tabs that extend off the panel.

Once my shoes arrive, I'm going to order the Mark Poon kit, although I'm half tempted to order a complete strap. The only problem is the one I see for sale appears to have a window for the Nike logo that is too large/ inacurate.

The trick with EL is that you DO NOT want to heat it too much. In fact, the back of the panel should never be soldered and you have to use a special copper tape. I hope you can get some of that or it is provided in the kit. Ideally you would solder to the tabs that extend off the panel.

Once my shoes arrive, I'm going to order the Mark Poon kit, although I'm half tempted to order a complete strap. The only problem is the one I see for sale appears to have a window for the Nike logo that is too large/ inacurate.
There is a printable Nike logo sheet on about page 200 of the V2 mod thread. It prints out on A4. If you needed to make the logos smaller, then just add black borders to the bitmap. Once printed to fit page, it will shrink the image.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

I didn't articulate well what I was trying to say. The straps I've seen that are pre-wired for sale, seem to have the hole in the fabric cut too large for the logo. That's what I meant by the "window" being too large. The hole in the strap is very close to the edges of the logo. The ones I've sene one ebay and Etsy have holes that are too big/not accurate.

I'm pretty confident that I can cleanly cut out the Nike logo from the V2s. I'm just afraid of the soldering. Maybe I can find someone locally who is experienced with it to help.

There is a printable Nike logo sheet on about page 200 of the V2 mod thread. It prints out on A4. If you needed to make the logos smaller, then just add black borders to the bitmap. Once printed to fit page, it will shrink the image.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back