Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Okay, I caved and dug up my V2's. Here's the comparison. The V2's aren't "bad" but the V3s are better in many ways, not just accuracy. I did attach a tongue extension on the V2, so if you get a pair, you will notice the tongue is shorter than this example.
DSC_0098.JPGDSC_0102.JPGDSC_0103.JPG

These randomly show up on eBay. Most of the time, the sellers mix the photos... but this auction seems legit. These are v2.1, right? Looks like it even has a replaced EL strap.

MOD EDIT: Please do not post Ebay links, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, great find. I've been watching ebay for weeks and don't know how I missed this pair.

I wear a 10.5. I wonder if this would be too big. I was told to buy a half size down.

These randomly show up on eBay. Most of the time, the sellers mix the photos... but this auction seems legit. These are v2.1, right? Looks like it even has a replaced EL strap.

Well, just as I suspected. He didn't really have them. He said he could sell me the V2.1 shoes.

I asked for photos and he said he'd send them. I got this message this morning.

Screenshot 2017-12-05 10.51.32.png

What a rollercoaster. I finally got the wife to agree to let me buy the V2s, and now I can't find the ones I'm after. Two sellers had me on the edge of believing I'd get them. After seeing the V2.1s, I don't think I want the 2s.

Does anyone know of any other sources for V2.1s? I really like the upgraded fabric.

/QUOTE]

Not sure why, I like the thicker (wider) laces.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, great find. I've been watching ebay for weeks and don't know how I missed this pair.

I wear a 10.5. I wonder if this would be too big. I was told to buy a half size down.

If your US10.5, these will be the same as either US10.5 or maybe US11, so just yourself a pair insoles. I have used them in V2s and now have them in my V3s because I am actually US9.5 and my shoes are US10. Packs them out nice as well as adding better support under the arch and padding under the heel.

Thanks for the info. Now we'll have to see if it'll stay at a level I can afford.

I really had my hopes up that I'd have a pair on the way this week.

Not sure why, I like the thicker (wider) laces.

- - - Updated - - -

If your US10.5, these will be the same as either US10.5 or maybe US11, so just yourself a pair insoles. I have used them in V2s and now have them in my V3s because I am actually US9.5 and my shoes are US10. Packs them out nice as well as adding better support under the arch and padding under the heel.

I found Karin Chen's email in one of the old V2 threads and contacted her to see if she had any V2.1s. She's checking into it.

If she does, I'm not sure how we'll make the transaction. I'd like to have the safety of a DHgate or something incase it doesn't arrive.

Any thoughts?

Karin seems to have a stellar reputation, but sending $200 off without protection seems risky.

Well lets hope this deal works out for you.

So the HC mags came in today... I'd rather not have mags than have these huge puffy moon boots. :)

It really makes me appreciate how good so many here have made them look.

Attachments

• HC mags.jpg
    HC mags.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
So the HC mags came in today... I'd rather not have mags than have these huge puffy moon boots. :)

There is only so much you can do with a pair of these. Having said that, I really did want to get myself a pair and mod the crap out of them. Like the V2s, so much of these are 'oversized' and my parts worked to help balance them out - especially the outriggers I made.

I just wish they were the proper height. These are about 1.5" to 2.0" too short and it makes them hard to do anything great with them.

I actually like the unbranded aspect of these and wish I could get my hands on a pair unbranded V3s.

Yeah, I think everyone who ordered a pair were disappointed. They have the V2 sole, so I don't know why they couldn't have just made V2s that had no branding. Such a pity.

it looks the same to me, but they put way too much paint on it, the texture on the V2 shows up more as the grey paint coat is thinner.
The soles can be replaced with clear ones (Cavx makes them) but I don't know about with HC's if it's worth it. I've replaced my soles on a pair of V2's with the ones he made. (I never bothered with my HC's and they've been in their box untouched for many months now, lol. I think I wore the V1's more.

Oh, also, they look a little better if you take the straps off, and swap them so the velcro is on the inside of the shoe, not showing as much. That's the way they were designed, don't know why they get sent out with the straps on the wrong shoes, mine were like that too.

I'm going to send them back and hope I can find some V1.2s. I've gotten close, but haven't found a pair yet.

Losing hope.
Check eBay. I found V2 in both grey/white and black with gold for less than $100 per pair. I'm ordering myself a pair of black for work.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

I've been watching. I kind of have my heart set on 2.1s now. I can get away with spending about $250 right now.

I have had two very close calls with dhgate sellers. One didn't have any left in my size. The other said he had them, then said that they factory that makes them is closed and they're poor quality.

The auction that DragonGalvy shared was looking good ($200) but they ended the acution and listed them at $350. They are V2.1s.

I'm waiting for an email from Karin who said she's see if she could get them, and there's another seller on DHgate that has photos of V2.1 on the product page, which, as we all know, doesn't mean that's what they have.

Holding on to hope.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back