Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Thanks for that I'll check them out!

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers fella, I was hoping for an adapter for what they sent me so I'll look into getting one and also what cavx suggested! Thanks guys! :)

You might be able to buy a travel adaption plug that allows a power plug from another country to work in your country. We have UK and USA adapters in most stores.

You might be able to buy a travel adaption plug that allows a power plug from another country to work in your country. We have UK and USA adapters in most stores.

Great, I'll have a look in some stores tomorrow and see what I can find, thank you :)

My recent geek purchase from Sneakerahead.ru ...

Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone on this thread for all the information and answers needed in order for me to own these bad boys!
Childhood dream come true lol 20170928_143319.jpg20170928_143403.jpg20170928_181240.jpg20170929_231508.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hello friends
I bought AIR MAG DIY LIGHT UP LIGHTING KIT on ebay, but I did not receive the diagram for assembly. I have searched all the previous pages as you have recommended and have not found.
Can someone send me by PM or email? My email is beaglenh@gmail.com

Can someone mod my v2 it come with the kit just install it that it

Dm me plz

Don't like your chances of finding anyone to do this at this point in time.

There are a heap of YouTube modding videos that are still up. Maybe you need to learn these skills for yourself.

I've been lurking on here for months salivating at everyone's V3s. There's no way I can convince my wife to let me spent $400-$500 on these shoes.

I ordered some HC shoes on black friday because they were $60. I figure I can get away with spending abother $76 on the Mark Poon decals and EL strap kit.

I might even get away with spending up to $175 for some better options. My question is, can I find V2s for under $175, and do they come with the swooshes, heel decals and such, or do you have to add that on top?

It's hard to find good links now for V2s. A lot have expired. Where are people buying them these days?

I see lots of links where there are shoes that aren't consistent in the photos, so I'm leery of buying from those sources. And ebay is a nightmare where Mags are concerned.

Any advice for a guy who wants to live the dream, but has a wife that doesn't get it?

Anyone know where the best place is to buy them?

Is this a good option: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/cos...-4964-4642-a076-31f5fd127018&rmStoreLevelAB=4

Well, DH Gate also has some links, like:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/air-...hting/394362904.html#s1-1-1b;searl|3885122258
I particularly like one review that seems to show the soles are super clear.
Search around on DH Gate, but be skeptical of sellers showing pics of the RDs or V3's as well as the V2's, or with no customer reviews.

However, who earns the money in the family? If it's her income, I can understand her refusal. But if it's you, or both of you, and all the bills are paid and you can put money aside each pay to eventually get them rather than going into debt for them as I did (I don't have a credit card) then it really should be fine to buy yourself something you want. Alternatively, see if you can get an agreement that you both spend similar dollar value items on yourselves, then no one has to feel as though they missed out. My GF has often said of my sneaker collection that it's not useful, but then neither is jewellery, and nearly all her jewellery was bought by me ;)
I also use the excuse that there's worse things to spend money on - gambling, drinking to excess, drugs, etc........ :D

Last edited:
Thearkplayer said:
Can someone mod my v2 it come with the kit just install it that it
Dm me plz

Don't like your chances of finding anyone to do this at this point in time.

There are a heap of YouTube modding videos that are still up. Maybe you need to learn these skills for yourself..

It will work out significantly cheaper to mod your own, even if it's just no postage costs to and from the other person - they will be guaranteed to be making a profit which is fair since it's their time and effort involved. If you're worried about ruining them, test out the things you want to try on cheap shoes like $20 ones from K Mart before opening up your MAGs. My advice about any mods you'd like to do is: learn what you can from others who have done things and are willing to share, test it on something that doesn't matter to you if it gets ruined by your first attempt, and when you're ready to cut into your MAGs, be patient, careful and don't rush. I've done less modding than others here (though I have sucessfully replaced the clear sole on my V3's) but most of the time that process I just described has stood me in good stead. Other suggestions, anyone?

I
Any advice for a guy who wants to live the dream, but has a wife that doesn't get it?

I have always been seeking out MAGs since I first saw them in 1989 on screen. Over years, every time I bought a pair of NIKE shoes, I chose them based on something that reminded of the MAG. Images on the net seemed to be as rare as hens teeth until about 2010. That was when I discovered the MP MAG and I still remember my wife's comments about spending $200+ on shoes I could not wear.

After that came the eBay action and the 2011 real MAG (couldn't buy those because I lived in Australia even though I was cashed up for the action), followed closely by the first of the Chinese copies (AKA the V1). I bought those because they came in my size (and hers, well almost, a touch big) and then came the V2 and, last year the V3s.

As DragonGalvy said, if you both earn and have paid your bills, you should be able to treat yourself. I used my a portion of my tax return to buy my V3s last year and I have always said that a tax return is money to be spent on treating yourself.

Thanks for the link. Those look nice and I could probably get away with $214 for Christmas! :)

I may purchase those, then upgrade the strap.

I'm the major bread winner, and it's not that we can't afford it. I bought a Matty hoverboard a few years back, a resin blaster from the TV show V, and have a few other odds and ends I've bought over the years. She just doesn't get it, and it's not worth the hassle it would bring to convince her otherwise. We can spend $500 a piece on the kids, but for me to buy V3s would be a major battle.

Anyway, thanks for the link. I hadn't seen these, and they do seem legit.

Ha! We have a joint bank account. :)

This is your fault by the way. I am a big fan of Tested on Youtube and watched the episode where Norm talked with you about the Mags. I've been lurking here for a long time.

I convinced my wife to let me by the Halloween Costumes jacket this year when it was on sale. I got the Mattel hover board a few years back using a bunch of collected Christmas money.

I just bought the HC shoes and they haven't arrived, but I'm fairly certain I'm not going to be happy with them even if I apply the Mark Poon decals and straps.

I think I'm going to send them back and buy those V2s in the link above and then work my way into upgrading the strap down the road. I would have had about $150 in the HCs and the upgrades, so what's another $65?

I know I'll eventually have to replace the LEDs.

Thanks for all of your help with these shoes!

rubberpoultry LOL. Sorry about that. When I bought my real Mags, I had sold a valuable prop for $5,000 and happened to find a pair of real Mags in LA for $4300. It was not that easy to tell my wife about that but when I sold them for almost $7,000, she was a little happier and was ok when I bought 4 pairs of V3's. It's all perspective. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bid $20 on the 2016s, and I was nearly in the doghouse for that. The fact that it went for Parkinsons research saved the day. (I did it for both reasons). Kept my fingers crossed that my name would come up, but no luck.

So cool that you had the authentics. The V3s seem so close to the real deals. Maybe one day I can get there.

I'm a graphic artist/video producer/motion graphics guy with more work than I can accomplish most of the time. So it's not about the money so much. Have even done some stuff in Hollywood (was just there in August on some projects)... it's just the thought that "they're a display item" as she likes to say.

I'll work my way up there slowly.

Love your collection by the way. (from what I've seen of it).

She just doesn't get it

I get it a few years ago either. There have been some amazing things I've let go because at the time, they were just dust collectors. Now I buy what I can within reason. My most recent purchase is a cast resin replica of the medal Luke and Han get at the end of STAR WARS, signed by the actor that played the medal bearer. There was a run of those medals on this site a few years back, but they weren't signed, so whist this thing is not the best looking replica prop I own, it certainly has cool factor with a good story.

My props WAF has gone up considerably since the success I had when I the clear soles for the V2 MAGs. Now I am making FOOTWEAR Tube bags and so she sees the light at the end of the tunnel now. It is not just a bottomless pit.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back